Author Topic: The INQUISITION (History Channel)  (Read 629 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
The INQUISITION (History Channel)
« on: April 05, 2013, 02:13:54 AM »
Here is a documentary on the sordid deeds of men in the name of religion...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
Re: The INQUISITION (History Channel)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 06:45:06 AM »
And of course the Jews suffered ! >:(

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 09:32:49 AM »
I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 10:07:25 AM »
I didn't expect this thread but I bet the documentary is interesting! 

Ugh that modern scene with the raw pork hanging in the open where flies could lay eggs in it is really disgusting.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:40:26 AM by Rubystars »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 06:26:55 AM »
That was a pretty interesting documentary. Thanks Muman.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 06:11:32 AM »
Excellent documentary, Muman. Thanks for posting it. Even though the Inquisition occurred many years ago, it is something very personal for many of us. Out of the Inquisition came the Crypto-Jews and the Anusim. Who fled the torment. Many of their descendants today are Gentiles with no Jewish identity. Many of the Catholics because many Anusim escaped to the New World, but the Inquisition soon reached the Americas. Today, their descendants are people who don't know their past. But retain some traditions dating back to the Jews of Sfarad, traditions that they don't understand (example, like the grandmother lighting candles on Friday before nightfall, special slaughtering of animals, a tradition to not point at the stars at night etc). Many of their descendants have woken up to find out who their ancestors were and what happened to them. And so, the Inquisition takes on a new meaning. And keep in mind that it went on for a very long time. It became abolished at different times in various places. In Spain and Portugal, in Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Mexico (where the  illustrious Carvajal family was burned at the stake). Others were able to flee like Gracia Nasi, who used her freedom to assist other Converso, Anusim escape the Inquistion.

It is a sad and shameful part of history. And one that I feel people often times ignore. Maybe because it took place a long time ago, but the descendants of the Anusim today do not forget. And no one should forget what happened. So, thank you for posting this.

I had recently watched a YouTube video of the actual "Auto De Fe" and burning of the stake. It really brought tears to my eyes, seeing what those monsters did.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:21:38 AM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 12:12:57 PM »
I enjoyed watching this Muman.  Thank you