Author Topic: The undeserving hatred towards Ashkenazi jews  (Read 1195 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
The undeserving hatred towards Ashkenazi jews
« on: April 07, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »
I just wanted to share my thoughts about this as I know we have many members here who are Ashkenazi jews and many who are also Sephardic as well as mizrahi.

I have noticed lately a terrifying trend of hatred specifically targeting Ashkenazi Jews and many of us are aware of the called myths and lies that the anti Semites claim the Ashkenazi descend from khazars, etc.

Just to give an example, on youtube or google you can type in Japanese, Italian, British, Brazilian and you will find many things on youtube or google, documentaries about samurai culture, food, British sports, Brazilian history, etc about a culture, educational things. When you type in the word Ashkenazi Jewish on YouTube or google, the majority of the content is purely videos and search results about Jewish conspiracies, anti Semitic videos, hatred against jews and Israel, Khazar theories, etc. it's disgusting to think that it's almost impossible to find anything positive about Ashkenazi Jews on youtube or google, I would have expected videos about Jewish history, cuisine, religion, ceremonies, something. Has it really gotten to a point that the entire world has literally gone nuts that this stuff is literally bombarding the Internet and very soon the mainstream?

This isn't just from anti Semites either but I see way to much division between even Sephardics and Ashkenazi, regardless of cultural differences are of the same people's, does this also concern anyone else with how bad it has gotten lately?

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: The undeserving hatred towards Ashkenazi jews
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:59:02 PM »
I haven't typed this into google myself.  Its very disturbing.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 09:26:17 PM »
It is more common on youtube, yahoo answers and in some cases on google search.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 09:35:46 PM »
"This isn't just from anti Semites either but I see way to much division between even Sephardics and Ashkenazi, regardless of cultural differences are of the same people's, does this also concern anyone else with how bad it has gotten lately?"

Yes. These Jew haters are trying to divide and conquer the Jewish nation. Also they try to justify their hatred of Jews by trying to claim they just hate the "Askenasim" and not all Jews etc. It is all non-sense and some people (animals) trying to suppress their conscious. About some Askenasi-Sefardi tension, it does sometimes unfortunately happen, it MUST end. I am not Askenasi myself, but for me we are all one. Perhaps this should be a hint to us Jews that we need to look beyond the separation that the galut created in scattering our people throughout the world and come together is all ways including in the Halahic ways and practices as well.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 11:21:19 PM »
I dont hate ANY of our fellow Jews unless they are Commies

But, having said this, I have to say that my being Sephardic, many Askenazi's are nasty to me and I STILL take up for THEM! They treat me like I am dumb. 
We are all different.

Portuguese are not the brightest people by nature, (even ethnic Portuguese) but many of us are talented in the arts.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 01:24:37 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                    :fist:

As I stated in the other post regarding the issue about liking Jews yet hating Zionism,
 it should be reiterated that Jews, the chosen of G-d must put aside differences, 
 competitive feelings, exaggerated pride,pettiness vanity, etc. and treat each other
 with good will and be decent toward one another and all be a light unto the nations. .

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 01:31:51 AM »
I am Ashkenazi and my community is mainly Ashkenazi but we love Sephardim and Mizrachi all the same.

Just tonight I attended a Kaddish minyan to help my Mizrachi friend mourn for his fathers recent passing. He told the story of how his family, his father from Baghdad Iraq, emigrated to Israel in 1948 and how his father davened every day despite his demanding schedule working in a bakery. My good Egyptian Sephardi friend who davens from his grandfathers siddur, his family having a many century stay in Cairo Egypt and eventually owning property on the beach. Eventually his family was rudely chased out of Egypt in the 1950s, losing all of his families wealth.

We all are Jews, and even though we have different minhagim (customs) and even different nusach (prayers in the daily prayers) we all believe the same things, and share the same Siddur for the most part (aside from some differences).

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 01:36:02 AM »
For a little of the Torah thinking on nusach read this:

http://www.torah.org/advanced/weekly-halacha/5760/kiseitzei.html

Harav M. Feinstein was asked numerous times for his opinion on this matter. For reasons which are not completely clear, he did not always give the same response. Basically, though, he was unsure if the Biblical prohibition of Lo sisgodedu applied to the question of different nuschaos - but the Rabbinical edict against deviating from local custom was definitely relevant. Usually, he advised that the local custom be strictly upheld, unless the individual could keep his practiced undetected by others in the shul. The following is a digest of the guidelines that Harav Feinstein offered on this subject and its specific applications [see footnotes for the opinions of some other poskim]:

Any part of davening, e.g., Shemoneh Esrei, which is normally recited in an undertone may be recited in one's own nusach(16).

Preferably, Pesukei d'Zimrah and Birchos Kerias Shema should be recited according to the nusach of the minyan, since they are sometimes recited out loud. If, however, it is difficult for one to change from his own nusach, they may be recited in one's own nusach provided that they are said in an undertone(17).

Kedushah or any other part of davening which requires a minyan should be recited according to the nusach of the minyan, even if it is recited in an undertone(18).

Viduy and the Thirteen Midos should be recited with the congregation before Tachanun, even if one's own custom is not to do so(19). One may recite Viduy in an undertone in a shul that does not recite Viduy, but one may not strike his chest as he usually does. The Thirteen Midos cannot be recited, since a minyan is required to recite them(20).

A sheliach tzibbur must always daven according to the nusach of the tzibbur, even while reciting his own silent Shemoneh Esrei(21).

On Pesach night, one should recite Hallel with the tzibbur even if his custom is not to do so; he may not leave shul to avoid reciting Hallel. If he can avoid reciting the blessing without it being noticeable he should do so; otherwise he should recite the blessing as well(22).

One who follows the view of the poskim that yire'u eineinu is not recited at the nightly Ma'ariv, need not recite it with the congregation if the people around him will not notice his omission(23).

If the officers and members of a shul do not mind, there is no halachic objection to having men who put on tefillin on Chol ha-Moed and men who do not, daven in the same shul(24).
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 01:45:26 AM »
One little difference which I always notice is in the Kaddish itself.

Most Sephardim and Chabad siddurs have the response in this section (reproduced from Chabad siddur):

When the reader says 'Shmay Dekudsho Baruch Hue' I say, as the Siddur I learned from, the response is 'Baruch Hue (Blessed is he)' rather than 'Amen'... Only me and my other friend who learned from the Artscroll Ashkenazi Siddur respond 'Baruch Hu'...

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 06:34:21 AM »
The Khazar theory has been debunked time and time again.By British experts in DNA and Genetics,German experts,U.S. experts and everyone in between most of them non Jews.The theory was first brought by Arthur Koestler in hopes of decreasing anti Judaism at the time there was no DNA or Genetic science able to find out.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03