Author Topic: Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Day) : Videos of the events  (Read 523 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Day) : Videos of the events
« on: April 07, 2013, 12:57:17 AM »
Today was Yom HaShoah the day which Israel marks to remember the martyrs who died in the Holocaust.

The first video I will post is made by Rabbi Machlis, from Jerusalem, who gives a weekly Torah shuir which I post in the Torah section...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Day) : Videos of the events
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:06:33 AM »
While these videos were recorded in the 90s the stories of Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach never cease to move the heart...

His music and stories are always touching.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 05:52:19 PM »
More from Shlomo's Yom HaShoah appearance in 1992...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 12:37:47 PM »
Here is the final video posted of Rabbi Shlomo Carlebachs appearance in 1992 on Yom HaShoah...

Here he sings the Kaddish prayer, which I discussed the other night when I attended a minyan to mourn my friends fathers passing...