Author Topic: Chaim's Major Problem!  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Chaim's Major Problem!
« on: July 16, 2007, 09:54:29 PM »
. . . is a lack of funds to make JTF a mainstream movement.  How about we make a list of very wealthy Jews and righteous gentiles that could make sizable contributions and then try to contact them.  Of course, we will probably be ignored, but it's worth a shot, no? 

newman

Re: Chaim's Major Problem!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 10:00:38 PM »
I agree. I think we should start with the self-hating left ones. At the very least they might get such a shock at being asked by US, that they'll die of heart failure.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Chaim's Major Problem!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 02:15:52 AM »
I suggest Rabbi Schmuley Boteach.  He knows many people and has also held fundraisers--he held one a few months ago for Giuliani.  I think he raises money/gets sponsors for his TV shows.  He's also setting up a show in Israel. 

If he's told how JTF is about Jews and Christians being allies, I think he'd be for it.  He's written some articles about how he's in favor of this kind of alliance. 

Boteach was very disappointed that after the Rebbe had passed away, the leadership of Chabad no longer cared about having Jew and Christians be allies.  The Rebbe was in favor of this and so is Boteach. 

JTF and Boteach come to different conclusions on some matters; however, maybe he'd be willing to help based on agreement of a common issues like JTF's alliance.