Author Topic: What if "Women in Tefillin" catches on?  (Read 22406 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: What if "Women in Tefillin" catches on?
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2014, 11:13:57 PM »

www.jewishtelegraph.com
More girls demand the right to put on tefillin 

THE practice of allowing Orthodox girls in New York to don tefillin is growing.

It began last month when Salanter Akiba Riverdale High School allowed two female students to begin wearing tefillin at school during their morning prayers.

And now the Upper East Side modern-Orthodox school Ramaz has announced it will allow its women to do the same.

Rabbi Haskel Lookstein, the principal of Ramaz, told the newspaper Jewish Week that women were always allowed to wear tefillin during the weekly women-only prayer session - a practice that began in 2002.

Now they will be able to do so, should they so desire, during the regular daily minyan, the principal said.

Rabbi Lookstein said that the first time he received a request from a woman to wear tefillin was back in the early 1990s. At the time, he said no.

"If we were asked the question today, we are in agreement that if a young woman wanted to put on tefillin and tallit, she could daven with us in our school minyan," he added, though he noted that he has yet to actually receive such a request.

The two students at SAR high school in Riverdale, Ronit Morris and Yael Marans, campaigned long and hard to be allowed to wear tallit and tefillin at their all-women's prayer group.

They told their school newspaper, The SAR Buzz, that they started putting on tefillin around their batmitzvahs, but Morris said it just didn't seem like something that women at SAR did, despite the fact that she lay tefillin at her previous school.

Marans said she told SAR's principal, Rabbi Tully Harcsztark, that "I didn't know how much I would miss davening without tefillin during the week".

Rabbi Harcsztark alerted the SAR faculty on December 8 that Morris and Marans would begin laying tefillin, and that even though the issue was "communally controversial", he believed it was "halachically permissible".

"These girls came to me and said that they put on tefillin every morning - that's the way that they have been raised," Rabbi Harcsztark told The Buzz.

"It's not a flippant attitude. It's a practice that has a halachic basis."

At another modern-Orthodox high school in Los Angeles, Shalhevet, Principal Rabbi Ari Segal said in the school's online student newspaper, The Boiling Point: "While there certainly exist legitimate halachic and rabbinic sources that suggest permitting the practice of women wearing tefillin, Shalhevet is a school that draws from a broad spectrum.

"In order to maintain that diversity, there will be times when something might be technically permitted but not wise to allow."

None of this has anything to do with women of the wall or egalitarianism.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2014, 01:26:08 AM »
The same women who are advocating for women to daven with Tefillin are the same women who are champion the rights of gays and lesbians and insisting lesbians have every right to become rabbis of their synagogues, etc.

Thank G-d that these insidious feminazis who care nothing about Judaism, just "their freedom" do not have many children.  Most of these feminists championing the rights of women to pray with teffilin as well as have gay sex and every other form of vice against our Holy Torah, rarely ever want to burden themselves with motherhood and producing a future generation.

One day the Charedim, Chassids and Ultra-Orthodox, in general, will take over the land of Israel and all this non-sense will be put to a stop once and for all!

Here is a prime of example of some of the champions of the Woman of the Wall movement, the Lesbian Rabbi Lisa Edwards and her lesbian lover Tracy Moore..
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2014, 01:39:08 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

There are righteous women who do desire to demonstrate their devotion to Hashem and are not satisfied with the commandments they have. While I am fully in agreement that women should be responsible for their traditional roles, as the caretaker and the one to bring up the children, I also know that in todays world some women are confused about their role.

I do not hate the woman who really wants to wear Tefillin to be able to fulfill the commandment we read daily in the Shema. While women are exempt from time-bound commandments (of which davening is considered), they are encouraged to daven when they have the time to do so. I can imagine that some women feel that they need a more active demonstration of their 'Dyvakus Hashem' (desire to be close to G-d).

It is the desire to cling to Hashem that brings man to willingly and cheerfully do the commandments (such that Hashem's will BECOMES his will)...

I suppose it is the reason we Bless Hashem that we were made men... That we are obliged in these commandments... But so many men often grow to feel the mitzvahs are a burden, and they do them without any joy.

Before I finish this post let me bring a discussion of the concept of 'Dyvekyus Hashem':

The profundity of the concept of reward for a mitzvah is given an interesting interpretation in the words of the Mishnah that declares sechar mitzvah – mitzvah construed to mean "the reward of a mitzvah is the mitzvah itself" (Avos 4:2). What animates every mitzvah, say its "soul", is the concept of dveykus b'Hashem, closeness to G-d. In-other-words, the very act of the mitzvah is the medium whereby man forges a timeless relationship with G-d. Conversely, every sin or transgression causes the opposite impact: it draws the person away from G- d.

So one should never attempt to evaluate and weigh up the relative importance of mitzvos based upon their perceived level of reward. Insofar as both function to successful bring man closer to G-d, the Jew truly has no way of knowing the exact reward within each mitzvah. Whether it is classified an 'easy' compared to 'harder' , he has to scrupulously perform both with the same vigilance and zeal (Avos 2:1). This comes out of cognizance that their defining objective – i.e. to draw close to G-d by obeying His will – lies at the heart of each and every mitzvah.

This beautifully explains why, apart from some occasional side benefits, the principal of man's reward is not within this world" (Kiddushin 29b). Fundamentally flawed, the physical, fleeting world lacks the currency to adequately reward the righteous. Such a person's reward is reserved, instead, for the world to come. How pathetically inadequate any reward in this world is, is memorably explained by Rabbi Eliyahu Dessler. All the happiness and pleasure of a lifetime coupled with the joy of every person in every city and country who have ever lived, if it was possible to concentrate them into one moment; could still not provide reward even for the smallest mitzvah compared to the delight man will experience in connected with G-d in the world to come (Michtav MiEliyahu I, p 4-5).

The resultant state of dveykus is brought out by a lifetime of mitzvah performance. The greatest reward imaginable that is a spiritual, eternal one that will to be fully felt in the world to come. Importantly, the spiritual world to come is exclusively determined by whatever man makes of himself and his achievements in this physical world.

What the Jew does here comes to define his reward there. Obviously, it is imperative that man chase after mitzvah opportunities to constantly develop his closeness with G-d. The relationship successfully forged, after all, is his ultimate and eternal reward.

So while I do not support 'Women of the Wall' and their obvious connections with Jew haters, and anti-Judaic organizations, and I stand opposed at every opportunity against their designs... My point is that there are non-lesbian, righteous women who do desire to perform the mitzvahs men do... These women I respect.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2014, 03:17:16 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

There are righteous women who do desire to demonstrate their devotion to Hashem and are not satisfied with the commandments they have. While I am fully in agreement that women should be responsible for their traditional roles, as the caretaker and the one to bring up the children, I also know that in todays world some women are confused about their role.

I do not hate the woman who really wants to wear Tefillin to be able to fulfill the commandment we read daily in the Shema. While women are exempt from time-bound commandments (of which davening is considered), they are encouraged to daven when they have the time to do so. I can imagine that some women feel that they need a more active demonstration of their 'Dyvakus Hashem' (desire to be close to G-d).

It is the desire to cling to Hashem that brings man to willingly and cheerfully do the commandments (such that Hashem's will BECOMES his will)...

I suppose it is the reason we Bless Hashem that we were made men... That we are obliged in these commandments... But so many men often grow to feel the mitzvahs are a burden, and they do them without any joy.

Before I finish this post let me bring a discussion of the concept of 'Dyvekyus Hashem':

So while I do not support 'Women of the Wall' and their obvious connections with Jew haters, and anti-Judaic organizations, and I stand opposed at every opportunity against their designs... My point is that there are non-lesbian, righteous women who do desire to perform the mitzvahs men do... These women I respect.

Amen  :clap:
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2015, 01:14:45 PM »
"Torah stunt at the Kotel"
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/194301#.VTTcn00cTn4

Some revere these women. Others revile them!

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2015, 03:41:39 PM »
He is having a party! What's wrong with that ? G-od like having fun! You would if your home was abandoned, the women don't know  how  are ridiculed everyday!

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2015, 11:36:16 AM »
"Torah stunt at the Kotel"
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/194301#.VTTcn00cTn4

Some revere these women. Others revile them!
Tell me that they are not a bunch of carpet munchers!!!!
 >:(

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2015, 06:44:06 AM »

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2015, 07:13:55 AM »
Yerusha, you must have a fetish for manly women with mouth wide open.

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2015, 08:35:27 AM »
Anyway women WoW  horor can catch on as much as they want! The Kotel is not of any significance for real Jew, give them all the kotel if they want take back the temple mount holy.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2018, 03:11:11 AM »

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2018, 03:21:37 AM »

She looks like a typical carpet muncher
 :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2018, 05:43:29 PM »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2018, 09:34:42 PM »

Oi she thinks the blue thing is the talit. That didn't work out for Korach.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2018, 11:13:34 PM »
The blonde one looks like it could be a Tranny.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2018, 12:01:01 AM »
The blonde one looks like it could be a Tranny.
They all look like trannys & bull dykes