Author Topic: Ask JTF For July 22 Broadcast  (Read 12289 times)

Offline imaknick

• Full JTFer
Re: Ask JTF For July 22 Broadcast
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 12:07:01 AM »
What are the kashrut laws for fruits and vegetables?  Can you just pick berries or other fruits and vegetables off trees and eat it or do you have to wash them? I heard that the plant has to be grown for 7 years before you can eat the fruit.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 01:21:37 AM »
Dear Chaim,
      In Israel today among the National Religious camp there are terrible divisions and infighting, do you intend to unify the National religious once you go to Israel and how will you do it?

Thank you for answering our questions each week
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2007, 08:39:56 AM »
Hello Chaim,
 What constitutes a mass movement? Is it the number of members, amount of money, endless publicity, or something else... I just wanted to know at what areas that you think WE needs most improvement on, and what areas we've exceeded expectations?
                                     thanks Dan

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2007, 09:45:44 PM »
Hello Dear Chaim,

Hope you had a great and productive week and all is well.  This week I would like to ask you about the Evangelical Christian view of Armageddon and how it relates to Torah Judaism.  Obviously, we as Jews disagree about the identity of the Messiah, so I won't belabor this point, but I was wondering if the rest of the Evangelical Christian view is consistent with Torah.  It is my understanding they believe in a bloody end of days scenario, an end to all humanity in this world and entrance into the world to come with the coming of a Messiah in Israel.  How does Judaism interpret this scenario?  Also, if this is indeed consistent with Biblical prophecy, would an escalation of the war in the Middle East be an almost welcome occurrence as it is all part of G-d's divine plan?  Thanks as always for your time an effort.  Until next week, G-d willing, be well.

Ari

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2007, 12:33:18 AM »
Could you tell us more about the hilltop youth.  What exactly are they?  What is the role of Avri Ran?  Are many from troubled backgrounds with drugs and mental illness?  Have they been successful?  How much territory are they controlling?
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2007, 01:51:57 AM »
Shalom Chaim,

It is pretty clear to me that Avigdor Lieberman has betrayed the principles he himself proclaimed. His popularity among Russian Jews is below zero now, to say the least.

Despite this fact, do you think he still in a way contributed to the acceptance of “They Must Go” idea and has given to the building of Kahanism another brick?

Please read this comment: Is there a way to use the newsletter feature of our forum more actively? I am afraid that the recent decline in its use may seriously affect the ranking of JTF’s fresh videos.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2007, 06:40:52 AM »
Shalom dear Chaim,

What do you think about "Chofesh" website ?

Shavu'a tov . :)
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2007, 11:34:24 AM »
Shalom Chaim,
 any updates on Noam Federman and the Torah learning in Hevron.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/