Author Topic: Queens, NY - Brooklyn Man Claims, JetBlue Fired Him for Asking to be Off on Sha  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!

Queens, NY - A Brooklyn man is suing JetBlue Airways, claiming he was fired after he told the company's CEO, a Mormon, that he was an observant Jew and couldn't work on Saturday's.

In his suit against the Queens-based airline, Joseph Bunick, 31, said he applied for a job in customer service. He said he interviewed with recruiters and told them he was an observant Jew and could not work on Saturdays, the Jewish Sabbath. He was told it would not be a problem, he said.
"They called me back to tell me I got the job," Bunick said. "I came to the first day of training . . . so excited about the job."
During training, he repeated he could not work Saturdays and was told it would not be a problem, he said.

But things changed when he met then-CEO David Neeleman, a Mormon, Bunick said.
"I told him I'm an observant Jew and I know there's a training on Saturday, and I told him I won't be able to make it," he said.
"The next day, I realized it was all over for me," Bunick said. "All the recruiters approached me. They told me, 'If you can't be here and work on Saturday, you cannot work here.' "
The next Monday, he was fired, he said.

A JetBlue spokesman said the airline "does not discriminate against employees based on religion or any other protected classification." [NY Post]

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

newman

Boycott the airline so the mormon pervert changes his tune.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
They have a new ceo i think Barger is his name he's an extreme leftist
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

They have a new ceo i think Barger is his name he's an extreme leftist

Another reason for a Boycot.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Most of the claims of religious discrimination that I hear of are bogus, but here's one that has some real teeth to it!
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

Muslims cmplain about 'religious' siscrimination all the time. It's usually a case of terror aversion though. If my 'religion' called on me to commit rape and mass murder, whould you hire me? :laugh:

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
I was actually luck to have found a job where I dont have to work Shabbat. My boss was ok with it. I am thankful. Here in Seattle, it's hardfor a shomer shabbat Jew to find work.

newman

I was actually luck to have found a job where I dont have to work Shabbat. My boss was ok with it. I am thankful. Here in Seattle, it's hardfor a shomer shabbat Jew to find work.

Good for you keeping Shabbat. :)

You should see the ask the rav section on aish.com. All these Jews are claiming they have to work Saturday because of the expensive Jewish education they are giving their kids. :laugh:

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
If this guy was a muslim, he would get the day off.

Offline Cyrizian

• Full JTFer
  • Celebrating a future without Islam :D
JetBlue also is sponsoring the Daily Kos convention. For those who don't know, the Daily Kos is a hate site from the far left that repeatedly attacks Israel. Yet another reason to boycott this airline...
To liberate the Muslim from his religion is the best service that one can render him. -Earnest Renan
"Too long, for the honor of nations, have those Barbarians [Muslims] been permitted to trample on the sacred faith of treaties, on the rights and laws of human nature!"
-Thomas Jefferson

ftf

I would personally suggest boycotting all airlines, they use lots of muslim oil and they pollute the atmosphere.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Cyrizian, you took the words right out of my mouth!
I can't believe JetBlue is doing that!
I saw the ambush interview on O'Reiley, where the CEO was caught off guard coming out of his luxury apt. in Manhattan and was confronted by a reporter. He looked like a total schmuck...