Author Topic: Bill Gates chokes back torrent of tears  (Read 900 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Bill Gates chokes back torrent of tears
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 05:45:56 PM »
It is sad to admit but the industry seems to need these kinds of 'personalities' in order to drive development. The old cowboys of the microcomputer revolution are riding off into the sunset now..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »
The great ancestor of the PC you are using today (The original Apple I):

I almost bought an IMSAI 8080 way back in the early 80s:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/dawn_personal_computer_altair_ibm_pc?page=0,2
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 05:56:52 PM »
For a trip down 'memory lane' of the micro-computer revolution see : http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2263708/posts

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 03:23:36 AM »

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 10:08:19 AM »
I used to subscribe to popular electronics and radio electronics until they died out with Gernsback  publications.
I used to have them stacked up high.
Eeek. Paper. I always hated paper.
When I first had my commodore 64, right away I started documenting stuff in ANSI text files.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774