Author Topic: Outraged by kidnapping, Egyptian police block Gaza crossing  (Read 505 times)

Offline Dan193

• Master JTFer
http://news.yahoo.com/outraged-kidnapping-egyptian-police-block-gaza-crossing-094619439.html
Outraged by kidnapping, Egyptian police block Gaza crossing
Reuters
May 18, 2013

Egyptian police angered by the kidnapping of seven colleagues by Islamist gunmen kept a crossing into the Gaza Strip closed again on Saturday, stranding hundreds of Palestinian travellers, witnesses said.

The protest began on Friday when police strung barbed wire across the Rafah border post and chained up the gates, local residents said, a day after the abductions.

Gunmen demanding the release of jailed Islamist militants had seized seven policemen and soldiers on a road between the Sinai towns of el-Arish and Rafah. Three of those abducted had worked at the Rafah border crossing, locals said.

"We will not open the crossing until the kidnapped soldiers are freed and the interior minister arrives to listen to our demands so that these attacks on us are not repeated," one of the protesting policemen said on Saturday.

Hardline Islamist groups in North Sinai have exploited the collapse of state authority after the overthrow of former President Hosni Mubarak in 2011 to launch attacks across the border into Israel and on Egyptian targets.

The protesting policemen called on President Mohamed Mursi, who is a moderate Islamist, to help free their colleagues.

The kidnappers have already released one policeman, security sources said. They had no word on the six remaining hostages.

Offline Dan193

• Master JTFer
Re: Outraged by kidnapping, Egyptian police block Gaza crossing
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 08:04:42 AM »
Gaza was a beautiful territory when it was tended by the Israelis. When they gave it to the Palestinians, all the orchards and farms were destroyed because they were planted by Jews.
3 Replies

0users liked this commentRate a Thumb UpRate a Thumb Down0users disliked this commentSteve 5 hrs ago Report Abuse
Gaza has turned into a garbage dump. The failed leadership has given the people no hope except early paradise through death.
Leave a comment... Comment Guidelines

If it wasn't for revenge and hate, muslims would have nothing to do all day....
3 Replies

The cycle of violence in Egypt has become routine even after they had toppled the presidency of Mubarak. It seems that Egyptians don't understand what they want.

They are eating their own. Nice.
1 Reply

Muslim Extremists, outraged by actions of other Muslim Extremists. Damn, I want to be a Pseudo Journalist Too...
Kidnappings, Beheadings, Sodomy, Gang Rapes, Defilings... They say they are against these things but are usual and standard practice for these groups. ie sodomizing and defiling... More
2 Replies

"President Mohamed Mursi, who is a moderate Islamist" - The word "moderate" surprised me.
Mursi is implementing Sharia Law throughout Egypt....That's not what I consider "moderate".
Words like - Fascist, Tyrant, Totalitarian...are more fitting.
3 Replies

Well at least these policemen know how to get their point across and what to do...wish they would permanently close that border. Less problems for everyone. Let the Gaza strip rot behind their gates and blow up and kidnap each other within those borders, A den of terrorists and troublemakers.
2 Replies

Ah, yes the rule of the gun. Terrorists do not deserve to live, catch them and put them in front of the firing squad without any lawyers.
1 Reply

The religion of peace is refusing to turn the other cheek and fighting back against their own.

"The protesting policemen called on President Mohamed Mursi, who is a moderate Islamist"
Are you kidding me? This is a joke right? Morsi, a moderate Islamist.... ROFLOL.
Two years ago Hillary called Assad a "moderate". Funny stuff by Reuters....
1 Reply

When israel gave gaza for peace, no one got peace. So now they want more land for peace and the world thinks this is a good idea. Are we the only ones that read these stories????

Muslims seem to have a whole lot of really crazy people among their ranks...why?

The Egyptians are fools to defend the palestinians,.. Until they realize that these palestinians are nothing more than terrorist rats, they will be facing trouble. After all the attacks on their country, the bombings in Sharm el Sheikh, the attacks in Sinai and the monetary schemes that the... More
1 Reply

Two Middle East mothers are sitting in a cafe chatting over a plate of tabouli and a pint of goat's milk. The older of the mothers pulls a bag out of her purse and starts flipping through photos. And they start reminiscing.

"This is my oldest son Mohammed. He would be 24 years old now." "Yes, I remember him as a baby" says the other mother cheerfully. "He's a martyr now though" mum confides. "Oh, so sad, dear" says the other.

And this is my second son Kalid. He would be 21." "Oh, I remember him," says the other happily, "he had such curly hair when he was born". "He's a martyr too" says mum quietly. "Oh, gracious me ..." says the other.

"And this is my third son. My baby. My beautiful Ahmed. He would be 18", she whispers. "Yes" says the friend enthusiastically, "I remember when he first started school". He's a martyr also," says mum, with tears in her eyes.

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks wistfully at the photographs and says ......

They blow up so fast, don't they?"
3 Replies

That must be some trailer park humor eh?
Comment hidden due to low rating. Show Comment

Lol! By someone who's never left their own backyard, no doubt!

LOL that joke never gets old

Funny

Dear President Obama Could you please send John Kerry back in the region so we can give Egypt and other muslim countries more money. Thank You please keep up the outstanding work, everyone in the US loves you.
1 Reply

"President Mohamed Mursi, who is a moderate Islamist"

This is the head or onetime head of the Muslim Brotherhood, a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION. Mursi has already stated "death to America." and Mursi wants to implement Sharia Law in Egypt.... More
1 Reply

That's going to triple the price on a smuggled bucket of KFC.

Lol no more KFC delivery for the palestinians!
1 Reply

The whole cowardly Muslim idea of sneak attack or stealth-like attacks, or bombs, kidnappings et cetera... They're such little worms. Every Muslim terrorist incident makes the world hate Muslims even more than we already do.
1 Reply

Islam - the religion of peace

Where is the outrage of the world....? Egyptians are blockading GAZA..... Aww.. sorry, the world's outraged only when Israel does it....after a terror or missile attack by moderate Islamist in Gaza....

More Middle East turmoil....hell the Gaza stripe a place strippers get big tips, and West Bank wheres the ATM

Time for a flotilla. Oh never mind it's Egypt and not Israel. Who cares. LOL!

I'm sure this will end 'piecefully" as in everyone ends up in little itty-bitty pieces...

Makes me think that the "moderate" Muslim is the one who holds your legs down while the other chops off yer head.......*(
1 Reply

Offline Dan193

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 08:13:16 AM »
pay no matter to this its just islam being islam...go about your business....its israels fault that muslims are terrorizing muslims
1 Reply

Don't understand why the TOURISM has fallen off in Egypt and they are in financial trouble. Terrorists and Liberals run things into the ground when they govern!

See, you Arab and Muslim countries let the Islamist radicals have free rain and it will always come back to bite you. It isn't just the Western world that is threatened but your own middle east countries. They are like a disease - they are not particular as to who they destroy.
1 Reply

Palestinian travelers? There is no Palestine, so how can there be "Palestinian travelers?"

People are "American" or "British" or "French" because they are citizens of countries that bear the names America, Britain, France, etc. There is no “American” race or color.... More

A good Muslim is a dead one!

See...it's not just Israel that has problems with these Hamas terrorists.

The gates should stay closed until the hostages are returned UNHARMED and the bodies of those that kidnapped them are piled at the gate for the world to see. The only thing these people understand is death. Let them be the ones to deal with their own stupidity.

Abdul goes to a local Burger King and asks for 2 Whoppers, the cashier says, "Mohammed was not a bloodthirsty pedophile and Islam is a religion of peace."

A Muslim father catches his son masturbating. He says, "Don't do that my son, or Allah will strike you blind." The child says, "Father, I'm over here."
1 Reply

Mursi is not a moderate!

When will the Muslims learn, we Westerners do not give a rats #$%$ if they live in poverty,starve on the streets,live in shacks and kill each other off in the name of Allah? I simply do not care about them, they are not my family, friends or brothers. They are just a meaningless mass of... More

Islamists, Muslims... what's the difference, I don't respect them enough to care to know. I just know Muslims are garbage I wish all were given the Nazi treatment. They knew how to get rid undesirables. And Muslims are very undesirable. They're nothing but trouble!!!

Mursi ? A Moderate Islamist ? that's like saying the saying the Pope is a casual Catholic. He(Mursi) is an Extremist Dictator in disguise as an Extreme Idiot.....ok ....he IS an Extreme Idiot (bad Analogy there).

Offline Dan193

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 08:15:32 AM »
Obama put the muslim brotherhood in place and is responsible for this. The muslim brotherhood in infiltrating our colleges, Obama has them on a council in Washington, and you think we are safe from this. obama is a muslim and will do anything to destroy America from within. Why do you think he had... More

By Reuters definition "moderate Islamist" is any Islamist who is not a suicide bomber.

Thank god(sarcasm) Obama helped Egypt fall and then he just left it for Egyptians to pick back up and they did a terrible job, electing an EXTREMIST MUSLIM(member of the Muslim Brotherhood), not a moderate, to the Presidency(Mursi), while Egypt excluded all other minority religions from... More

Ah, so the Egyptian police finally ... policed and took some definitive and meaningful initiative.

The very dictates of the backward Islamist religion is to fight, kill and kidnap on a daily basis. Since they can't take on Israel, they turn on themselves.
1 Reply

Muslims....can't live with em...gotta kill em! ALL OF THEM!

Awww Islam. The "cult" of peace.

@all israel-hatin'-fakistinian-supportin' jackanapes

where is the outrage?!?!?! where is your collective demonization of egypt?!?!?!... More

They weren't happy wiiht Mubarek and they aren't happy with the new Hitler in their midst, hopefully soon they will all be gone and nothing but sand left over there.

NO MORE KFC??????? Time to get the UN to condem Israel

The protesting policemen called on President Mohamed Mursi, who is a moderate Islamist, to help free their colleagues. Arent the police and the President on the same side? Law and order? Or is it the Islamist against everyone else? Better send them some more tanks and planes so they can finish off... More

gaza needs to be sanitised completely and every trace of the palestinians removed from the face of the earth for the good of mankind

Ahhh, the religion of peace at its finest.

#$%$ is a moderate islamist?

if a muslim kills another muslim do they still get their 72 virgin sex slaves ? or only if they blow up a jewish baby ?

Good .... Good ...... Muslims are killing and kidnapping each other ..... Muslims are wrecking their own countries ..... this is great news for Americans .... we can sit in our living rooms and watch them destroy each other on our TVs ....

No more KFC !!!

I think Egypt should contact some of our politicians and get some ideas about new Gun Control Laws...

Egyptian President Mursi is going down the same path as Murbarak punishing the innocent hoping to get a positive result.....

no muslim country respects palistinians as anything more then trailer trash.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 10:29:17 AM »
Hahaha like leaving them from Gaza really hurts. This is a great thing they can integrate into greater Egyptian society.