Author Topic: The great "palestinian" culture  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
The great "palestinian" culture
« on: May 31, 2013, 12:49:01 AM »
How nice that the "palestinians" get to show off their culture. Let's see, how many contributions to humanity has the ancient country of "palestine" given to the world? In the 1500s? 1600s? In the Middle Ages? Can we name a great "palestinian" ruler or scientist or inventor?

Oh well, the palestinians have an answer....they have a "culture" complete with costumes and their own music. Let's take a look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_costumes

I find this part of the article compelling:
Foreign travelers to Palestine in the 19th and early 20th centuries often commented on the rich variety of the costumes worn, particularly by the fellaheen or village women. Many of the handcrafted garments were richly embroidered and the creation and maintenance of these items played a significant role in the lives of the region's women.

Though experts in the field trace the origins of Palestinian costumes to ancient times, there are no surviving clothing artifacts from this early period against which the modern items might be definitively compared. Influences from the various empires to have ruled Palestine, such as Ancient Egypt, Ancient Rome and the Byzantine empire, among others, have been documented by scholars largely based on the depictions in art and descriptions in literature of costumes produced during these times.

So, basically- leftist liberals talk about the great and ancient "palestinian" costumes  yet NO costumes exist today. Hmmm strange, isn't?  Also, note how it is called "costume" and not traditional dress or clothing... probably because they are playing dress up with costumes.
Oh yes and then it is admitted that they are strangely similar to the surrounding arab countries, I wonder why. Perhaps because most "palestinians" today have grandparents, great-grandparents, and or great-great-grandparents who immigrated from all the surrounding arabs countries (yet claim to be the natives of the land).

Much of everything else seems to be copied from their surrounding arab neighbors: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Palestine#Dance
From their "national dance" (which is also the national dance of other countries) to their national dishes.

As we can see, the immigrants who arrived into Israel brought in their arab culture and now call it "palestinian".

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: The great "palestinian" culture
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 01:25:44 AM »
They're so gay!

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 01:27:53 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinians

"Total population c. 11,000,000"

They make up their numbers too.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 01:34:22 AM »
It's also gay that some Historians say Palestine to refer to the whole land since Pre-History even though it was originally Canaan, not Palestine.

I looked up on Wikipedia if they have the History of Pre-1948 Israel only under Fakestine and they don't. I guess because Jews added to the History of Israel article. Before the days of the Internet, when I would have encyclopedia CD-Roms, articles about Israel would say see Palestine for History of Israel prior to the State.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 11:14:05 AM »
Love how the next article talks about Palestinian folktalkes which doesn't even list any and "Palestinian Folklore Society of the 1970s, emphasized pre-Islamic (and pre-Hebraic) cultural roots, re-constructing Palestinian identity with a focus on Canaanite and Jebusite cultures. You have got to be really dumb to think the Palestinians of today are the original Canaanites. I also find it hilarious that they don't have traditional dress but "costumes"

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 11:37:48 AM »
The Funny thing is that the only Canaanite language left is Hebrew! Palestinians even want to rewrite linguistics!

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 11:41:53 AM »
Saw information on another website on how the muslim youth are a bunch of sodomists and continue to promote this culture...pretty pathetic.  No wondet Ambassador,  Christopher Stevens who was mystified with Islam, got a big surprise in the End.

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »
Aren't "palestinians" part greek? Or this also a myth to help support the claim that they have been in Israel for longer than they actually have?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 04:12:57 PM »
Aren't "palestinians" part greek? Or this also a myth to help support the claim that they have been in Israel for longer than they actually have?

The true Philistines are supposed to be from Greece... And the Philistines were invaders who came long after the Jewish kingdom was established in the land. They had nothing to do with the caananites.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/464038/jewish/War-with-the-Philistines.htm

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/the_time_of_the_judges/

Samson is the Judge famous for his superhero strength, and for leading the struggle against Israel’s arch-enemy, the Philistines. (See Judges, Chapters 13-16.)

The Philistines were a seafaring people. They probably migrated from the area of the Aegean near Greece about 3,200 years ago. They settled along the eastern Mediterranean Coast from the southern coast of Israel to Lebanon. In the southern coastal area of Israel they established a confederation of five city-states (Gaza, Ahskelon, Ashdod, Gath and Ekron). During the period of the Judges they are constantly at war with the tribes of Israel pushing them away from much of the coast and into the hilly, inland regions of the country.

Excavations show that the Philistines—despite what the word “Philistine” has come down to mean in the English language—were very sophisticated culturally. They had perfected iron tools and iron weapons, gaining an important technological advantage over their neighbors.

Of course the Roman name Palastine was named because the Romans wanted to erase the Jewish state and replace it with a state of it's enemies.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 10:33:42 PM »
Arab invaders do have some history in the region from 635 AD. They have been there for what 1,400 years...Greeks have history everywhere and their influence on human kind is enormous. I truly believe that Israel belongs only to the Jews and that Arabs should be paid to leave to other bigger countries.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 12:55:47 AM »
The true Philistines are supposed to be from Greece... And the Philistines were invaders who came long after the Jewish kingdom was established in the land. They had nothing to do with the caananites.

Actually I beleive the true Phillistines whos culture is gone today were mentioned in Joshua as the people that the Israelites went around which would be before the Jewish kingdom

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 02:21:45 AM »
If I were an Israeli Arab I'd either convert  or (if I was a devout muslim) leave to a Muslim majority country, I don't see the point in remaining there.

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 08:21:21 PM »
If I were an Israeli Arab I'd either convert  or (if I was a devout muslim) leave to a Muslim majority country, I don't see the point in remaining there.

That is because you apparently have a significant degree of intelligence...... something very few Arabs posses.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 10:54:15 PM »
The Funny thing is that the only Canaanite language left is Hebrew! Palestinians even want to rewrite linguistics!

Hebrew is not Canaanite. Canaanites were Hamites. Hebrew is Semitic. That's Secular linguistic garabage. They also say the Jews adapted the alphabet from others even though the Torah was given in Hebrew before the date listed by the evil Secular linguists. I was going to buy a book about the alphabet in Israel but when I saw that lie I didn't buy it.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 01:34:10 AM »
The article there is propaganda.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 02:37:39 AM »

Hebrew is not Canaanite. Canaanites were Hamites. Hebrew is Semitic. That's Secular linguistic garabage. They also say the Jews adapted the alphabet from others even though the Torah was given in Hebrew before the date listed by the evil Secular linguists. I was going to buy a book about the alphabet in Israel but when I saw that lie I didn't buy it.

So where do you beleive Hebrew came from? Abraham was described as an Ivri and he was from Iraq...

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 05:19:46 PM »
I think there's mass confusion, what people are claiming is Palestinian culture or costumes are not, rather they are Bedouin Arab culture a nomadic people who never settled in any specific land, they just roamed the Middle East. Palestinians simply adapted local Levantine and Arab culture but the truth is that it's not distinct from any other Arab or Levantine culture.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 05:28:07 PM »
I think there's mass confusion, what people are claiming is Palestinian culture or costumes are not, rather they are Bedouin Arab culture a nomadic people who never settled in any specific land, they just roamed the Middle East. Palestinians simply adapted local Levantine and Arab culture but the truth is that it's not distinct from any other Arab or Levantine culture.

Exactly! There is no "palestinian culture", it has all been borrowed from other cultures. This is why the articles above do not have any proof. They can go on and on about "palestinian culture" "palestinian dress" "palestinian music" but they have nothing to show for it. No proof, no evidence. Just words about how ancient it is yet nothing existed until the modern era.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 08:42:59 PM »
Exactly! There is no "palestinian culture", it has all been borrowed from other cultures. This is why the articles above do not have any proof. They can go on and on about "palestinian culture" "palestinian dress" "palestinian music" but they have nothing to show for it. No proof, no evidence. Just words about how ancient it is yet nothing existed until the modern era.

Fox news on the iphone had an article about newly appointed 'palestinian president'

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 02:04:53 AM »
So where do you beleive Hebrew came from? Abraham was described as an Ivri and he was from Iraq...

Hebrew comes from The Torah which pre-dates the World. The letters of The Hebrew Alphabet are the building blocks of Creation. The Torah is the blueprint of Creation. G-d created The World with The Hebrew Alphabet.