Author Topic: Realistical Organic Computerized Imagery  (Read 595 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Realistical Organic Computerized Imagery
« on: June 05, 2013, 01:35:15 AM »
I have been looking into some of the leading edge computer graphics (CG) and came across some fantastic scenes. In the early days of CG it used to take a long, long time to 'render' a short scene especially if it involved 'ray-tracing' techniques which are used to create 'photo-realistic' images. Taking into account light sources, reflection and transparacy, the ray-tracing technique has been a popular was of rendering these images.

Many years ago I worked at a video game company which used 3d rendering to generate characters in the video games. I also have played with several 3d model building and rending systems. There is a great Free 3d system called 'BLENDER' which does a great job for rendering using various rendering techniques.

This video is incredible in it's portrayal of organic objects.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:06:39 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Realistical Organic Computerized Imagery
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 01:36:26 AM »
A short history of Computer Graphics in movies and television...

Just this morning I was talking with a nurse at my doctors office about the CGI in the movie Tron which is one of my favorite movies of my youth (1982)...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 01:40:31 AM »
Here is a short 'movie' rendered with Blender...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:55:22 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 02:05:55 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 02:10:07 AM »
Last night I wanted to watch some scenes from the movie the Matrix because a friend of mine was talking about having seen it recently. This scene still seems to me to be one of the most complex CG scenes because of the coreography required...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 02:17:36 AM »
Here the 3d videographer explains how a special-effect in the Matrix was done...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 02:33:20 AM »
Intel demonstrates Ray-Tracing using their new graphics processors..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 02:44:26 AM »
A couple more 'Blender' short movies...

You can download the latest version of Blender for Windows or Linux from http://www.blender.org/download

There are many good tutorials on Blender on youtube..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 03:00:25 AM »
Some short scenes in Blade Runner were rendered computer generated.

The CG in Babylon 5 was rendered using the 'Video Toaster' which ran on the Commodore Amiga computer. The Amiga was one of the 1st computers I worked on professionally in the 80s (I wrote the Amiga Client Software LAN software) and it was used in several TV shows and movies of the era...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 03:19:04 AM »
The CG in Babylon 5 utilized the network software I wrote... I visited the studio where it was rendered...

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 03:38:39 AM »
The CG in Babylon 5 utilized the network software I wrote... I visited the studio where it was rendered...

I watched the show as a kid. Back then the CG of the show looked pretty decent, I don't know what it would look like if I watched it again today.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 06:10:13 AM »
What are your thoughts on OLED technology
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein