Author Topic: Haredim in Army.  (Read 3560 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Haredim in Army.
« on: June 08, 2013, 09:50:42 PM »
English

Hebrew

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Haredim in Army.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 11:05:27 PM »
Good video Tag, I don't understand how they think they shouldn't have to serve? Joshua, and David should of said, they are to busy studying Torah, to fight... Where we be?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 11:16:32 PM »
I posted this video, but my opinion is not 100% in agreement though with it.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 08:32:38 PM »
I posted this video, but my opinion is not 100% in agreement though with it.
What do you disagree with? The only reason I think you should not serve, is if you don't want to. Because if your heart is not in it, you become a danger to yourself and others...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 08:37:13 PM »
What do you disagree with? The only reason I think you should not serve, is if you don't want to. Because if your heart is not in it, you become a danger to yourself and others...

That's not a reason for not serving. Anyway I'm not saying that people should not serve.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 09:01:28 PM »
That's not a reason for not serving. Anyway I'm not saying that people should not serve.
What do you mean " it's not a reason"... You have some guy next to you in combat, that doesn't want to be there, has never been in a conflict in his life, wetting himself and crying. How comfortable would you be?

There is times, Hashem sends the meek away...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 09:11:06 PM »
What do you mean " it's not a reason"... You have some guy next to you in combat, that doesn't want to be there, has never been in a conflict in his life, wetting himself and crying. How comfortable would you be?

Doesn't matter, when something is an obligation its an obligation. With that logic then almost no one would be in the army.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 09:16:35 PM »

Doesn't matter, when something is an obligation its an obligation. With that logic then almost no one would be in the army.
No, there are plenty of people that like to fight! There are times Hashem tells some to go home, if they are not into it, or they have a new family, ect...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 10:21:31 PM »
No, there are plenty of people that like to fight! There are times Hashem tells some to go home, if they are not into it, or they have a new family, ect...

Different type of war not an obligatory one.