Author Topic: Snowden and Zimmerman thoughts  (Read 570 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Snowden and Zimmerman thoughts
« on: July 01, 2013, 06:51:41 PM »
    I think what Snowden did was wrong. The guy had a job to do, and he completely screwed over his country. The government spies on us and hacks into crap, whether that is right or wrong is another discussion: this is about how Snowden betrayed his country. He had a job to do and was supposed to keep quiet. I think he deserves a punishment for that betrayal.
   I don't think we'll ever know what really happened that night between Zimmerman and Martin, and realistically it could have gone either way. I don't know what happened; I hear only testimonies, so I can't judge. The evidence thus far has been somewhat inconclusive. This is such a racially charged case - - -  an argument can be made from either side, but it's stupid to assume such things without any proof. I think we just have to let the facts from that night unfold. Whatever happens, Hashem has the FINAL say. I just hope innocent people never get harmed. That's all I can say.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
Re: Snowden and Zimmerman thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 12:52:32 AM »
I am not decided on the Zimmerman case.

But as for Snowden. There have been many years in which I have started to consider the US is not "the good guy" anymore. So, I must politely disagree.
According to Rabbi Kahane "America will become the major enemy of Israel due to its economic disintegration which no (American presidential) administration can stem."
The seeds of this are already starting to happen. And America is becoming a full supporter of gay rights. Hashem destroyed sodom and Gomorrah for their immorality.
I really am caring less about the US. The only thing I value about the US is that they are #1 in freedom of speech compared to most of the world. But other than that, the US is not the same place it used to be. If it were, I might be upset over the Snowden case. But I am not that bothered by it.
The US is just getting a taste of their own bad actions.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 01:42:06 AM »
I am not decided on the Zimmerman case.

But as for Snowden. There have been many years in which I have started to consider the US is not "the good guy" anymore. So, I must politely disagree.
According to Rabbi Kahane "America will become the major enemy of Israel due to its economic disintegration which no (American presidential) administration can stem."
The seeds of this are already starting to happen. And America is becoming a full supporter of gay rights. Hashem destroyed sodom and Gomorrah for their immorality.
I really am caring less about the US. The only thing I value about the US is that they are #1 in freedom of speech compared to most of the world. But other than that, the US is not the same place it used to be. If it were, I might be upset over the Snowden case. But I am not that bothered by it.
The US is just getting a taste of their own bad actions.
Just a couple weeks ago you were ready to hang Snowden--what changed?

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 01:51:30 AM »
Just a couple weeks ago you were ready to hang Snowden--what changed?

I think you might be confused. I have never been against Snowden. I want him to get to safety so that he can unleash the BIG publication that has Obama so scared.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 01:59:04 AM »
Here are my previous posts about Snowden. I have never wanted him to get caught. If you notice, I am supportive of him getting to safety:

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,69995.msg599069.html#msg599069

And then I continued a few posts below

On June 24 I said:

Snowden must have a BIG revelation to make soon from his files- since the US is literally shaking as they try to bring him back to the US.
I am really looking forward to his next leak. I see the hand of Julian in him falling off the radar in Moscow. Well played!

I agree with Mord too. Retribution for Pollard. And hopefully Snowden will be safe and sound to make his even bigger revelation. He's wiped off Obama's smirk off his face. 

June 25

I don't understand what Obama does not understand. It's as if he's clueless or delusional into thinking the world will bow down to his demands. I mean, if a Russian dissident defected to the US and revealed sensitive information about Russia, America would NOT return him. So why is the US so touchy feeling about it. America has kept Alexander Poteyev, who blew the cover of many Russian agents... Russia convicted him and yet he is free in the US. Similar situation.

AND America protects and shields Chechen rebels who are not being extradited back to the Russian Federation. WHY would Putin return Snowden?

Why does the US think they can keep wanted Russians and give them asylum and yet act like Putin or anyone else has to obey their requests to return Snowden? It's arrogant. If Obama wants to do damage control, rather than make himself look like a fool about this, his administration should focus on fixing the issues that Snowden is exposing.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 01:59:51 AM »
We all knew in the back of our minds that the technology exists today which allows the government to monitor our communications. At least I knew this from the beginning of my career in computer engineering (1983) that this would be the ultimate use of the technology we worked on at the time. I have been reflecting on the growth of computer technology over these 30 years, from when we used 16K memory and 144k floppy disks to today when we can carry around 32Gigs in our pocket with Terabyte hard drives. I started when 300Baud modems were the fastest, and progressed through 1200Baud, 2400Baud, 9600Baud, etc. etc... Today we have high speed internet which permits Megabytes of data to be transmitted in seconds.

Information has become smaller, communications speeds have multiplied, the average man and woman has multiple CPU's embedded in the devices they use, their cars, their phones, their laptops, ipads, tablets, and coffee pots. We keep all of our information in computer systems, our searches and our contacts, and our personal and professional information.

What we learned from this leak is that our worst fears are actually the truth. Our trust in the system has been foolish, we are being pacified by excuses while our information is still analyzed. We should trust the government in other areas? With the IRS scandal we see that the system is more than willing to use the branches of the federal government to punish or reward based on political outlook. Our information may be used to profile us into political classifications, and I would bet it already is being used.

Hashem is the ultimate judge and the executioner of will. No matter what the system knows or doesn't know we can have trust in this fact.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 07:48:36 AM »
We all knew in the back of our minds that the technology exists today which allows the government to monitor our communications. At least I knew this from the beginning of my career in computer engineering (1983) that this would be the ultimate use of the technology we worked on at the time. I have been reflecting on the growth of computer technology over these 30 years, from when we used 16K memory and 144k floppy disks to today when we can carry around 32Gigs in our pocket with Terabyte hard drives. I started when 300Baud modems were the fastest, and progressed through 1200Baud, 2400Baud, 9600Baud, etc. etc... Today we have high speed internet which permits Megabytes of data to be transmitted in seconds.

Information has become smaller, communications speeds have multiplied, the average man and woman has multiple CPU's embedded in the devices they use, their cars, their phones, their laptops, ipads, tablets, and coffee pots. We keep all of our information in computer systems, our searches and our contacts, and our personal and professional information.

What we learned from this leak is that our worst fears are actually the truth. Our trust in the system has been foolish, we are being pacified by excuses while our information is still analyzed. We should trust the government in other areas? With the IRS scandal we see that the system is more than willing to use the branches of the federal government to punish or reward based on political outlook. Our information may be used to profile us into political classifications, and I would bet it already is being used.

Hashem is the ultimate judge and the executioner of will. No matter what the system knows or doesn't know we can have trust in this fact.

Amen to that! This wouldn't be happening today if we still communicated with computers via punch cards and stored data on magnetic reel to reel tapes.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson