Author Topic: Famous breakfast cereal 'comes out of closet'  (Read 9376 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Famous breakfast cereal 'comes out of closet'
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2013, 10:56:39 AM »
The moon and sun shapes are probably supposed to be a pagan reference actually. Then again so are "Lucky Charms".
I don't read that much into it.
I'm tired of having to read so much into simple things like the sun, moon and rainbow marshmallows in children's cereal.
When did rainbows become the symbol for an 'alternative' lifestyle?

I think General Mills should stick to making their  products...and not make political statements.  Period
So, I won't buy their products if I can help it.

Also, I don't think Lucky Charms ( and cereal like that) is meant t be a staple in any persons diet.
But people should have a choice about what they eat...in my opinion.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2013, 11:41:01 AM »
A note about gelatin...

One of my guilty pleasures our sour gummy bears/worms.  Interestingly enough, one day I was eating some and offered some to a Muslim co-worker.  He said, "No thanks, because I can't eat gelatin because it may come from pig bones."

Ever since that, if I were to eat any gummy anything with gelatin on it, that is is also kosher.  That is, if it isn't good enough for a stinky Muslim to eat it, then a Jew shouldn't definitely not eat it.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2013, 12:03:32 PM »
If Lucky Charms is a staple in someone's diet they probably would end up with diabetes. I can't help but think if someone's going to eat themselves into a painful chronic disease that can cause unhealing wounds and blindness and a host of other horrible symptoms it must make it doubly bad if they do it on such low quality food as Lucky Charms. At least Paula Deen did it on good tasting food (not that it really makes it any better).

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2013, 09:13:54 AM »
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2013, 09:15:02 AM »
A note about gelatin...

One of my guilty pleasures our sour gummy bears/worms.  Interestingly enough, one day I was eating some and offered some to a Muslim co-worker.  He said, "No thanks, because I can't eat gelatin because it may come from pig bones."

Ever since that, if I were to eat any gummy anything with gelatin on it, that is is also kosher.  That is, if it isn't good enough for a stinky Muslim to eat it, then a Jew shouldn't definitely not eat it.

Soo you refrain from drinking any wine or alcoholic beverages?
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2013, 08:28:05 PM »
Soo you refrain from drinking any wine or alcoholic beverages?

Nawww...I still have that.

But the gummy bears/worms did not even have a U with a circle and had gelatin in it.  So it's definately not Kosher.  And the very fact it wasn't good enough for this Muslim made me realize it should definately not be good for me.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein