Author Topic: Druze security guard murders Jew. Shoots him 14 times!  (Read 2924 times)

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Druze security guard murders Jew. Shoots him 14 times!
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 11:57:56 PM »
I regret getting involved in this discussion. I do agree with Tag that disrespecting the Rabbi like this is not appropriate.

I do agree that Rab Ovadia Yosef has made several questionable decisions in the past which lead me to believe that he has not decided correctly concerning 'land for peace' issues and the question of 'pikuach nefesh'. I respect his halachic opinions but believe that he should get out of politics because it seems to taint his decisions.

I agree & this is the crux of the problem.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2013, 12:13:08 AM »
You have a point however R' Ovadia's recent diatribes against chief rabbi candidate Rabbi David Stav did exactly & he called Rabbi Stav a kofer which is not at all nice & also considering that the interior minstry under Shas denied Chaim & other good Jews entry into Israel & aliyah.
Shas is R'Oavdia & R'Ovadia is Shas & all their actions reflect on him.

With regard to the inappropriate statements about Rabbi Stav (although btw I personally wanted Rabbi Ariel to be the nominee rather than Rabbi Stav), I think it's probably a mistake to even take that stuff seriously.  When Rabbi Yosef attacked him, it's something akin to a type of "rabbinic bombast" which really should not be taken seriously at all, or at very least taken with a grain of salt. (and similarly other at times seemingly outlandish statements to the media).  As was mentioned, his involvement in politics as leader of the Shas party causes him to make this type of statement which certainly seems inappropriate, but in my mind is very much geared towards convincing his followers of how they need to vote with their feet on given issues and less to do with his true detailed assessment of the issue at hand.  Still, one has to wonder, how can the laws of lashon hara etc be flaunted in such a way, for the sake of what seems to be political posturing...  I honestly don't quite understand it.   

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2013, 12:15:51 AM »
With regard to the inappropriate statements about Rabbi Stav (although btw I personally wanted Rabbi Ariel to be the nominee rather than Rabbi Stav), I think it's probably a mistake to even take that stuff seriously.  When Rabbi Yosef attacked him, it's something akin to a type of "rabbinic bombast" which really should not be taken seriously at all, or at very least taken with a grain of salt. (and similarly other at times seemingly outlandish statements to the media).  As was mentioned, his involvement in politics as leader of the Shas party causes him to make this type of statement which certainly seems inappropriate, but in my mind is very much geared towards convincing his followers of how they need to vote with their feet on given issues and less to do with his true detailed assessment of the issue at hand.  Still, one has to wonder, how can the laws of lashon hara etc be flaunted in such a way, for the sake of what seems to be political posturing...  I honestly don't quite understand it.   

I agree with you & I also wanted Rabbi Ariel.

Online Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2013, 11:18:37 PM »
Go to StørmFrønt if you want to have discussions like this.

Easy now.  Binyamin Yisrael is not a pedofronter. 

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 02:04:45 AM »
If you review what I wrote, the blacks I refer to are probably not even the ones that people call Ethiopian Jews. They are probably black Arabs (Like Sudanese). Is it to wild to believe that there are Muslim security guards on the Temple Mount? Of course not? However, I have seen regular Ethiopians as security guards for the Border Police at the entrance to the Temple Mount but once you are up, the Nazi Wakf has Muslims all over the place. The Border Police are self-hating Jews but probably most of the guards on the Temple Mount are Muslims. Probably some of the policemen up there are also Arabs even though they are part of the Israel Police.  Who do you think kicks Jews out of their homes in places like Amona with such Nazi violence? So that relates back to the topic of this thread.