Author Topic: Working on 3d Logo for Newsletter  (Read 1322 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Working on 3d Logo for Newsletter
« on: July 21, 2013, 05:59:19 PM »
So far:
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
Re: Working on 3d Logo for Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 06:52:53 PM »
Nice!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 07:03:54 PM »
Nice!!!

I also just completed a video of the prayer Shema which I am hopefully uploading to youtube presently...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 11:41:49 PM »
Incredible. Awesome. Fantastic. Wow. Mhann. Such art. Its beautiful. Wonderful. Its great. Such talent. Artistic.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 11:48:12 PM »
Incredible. Awesome. Fantastic. Wow. Mhann. Such art. Its beautiful. Wonderful. Its great. Such talent. Artistic.

I catch a bit of sarcasm in your response. But this shot is just a first try at a final rendering which I will include in the upcoming newsletter I am working on. It has taken me a while to re-learn how to use the new Blender interface. I recently added texture and a background of the Israeli flag which I hope to complete shortly.

Thanks for the words of Chizuk..

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 12:36:36 AM »
you don't have access to photoshop?
I'm sure someone at your job has it.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 12:39:58 AM »
I am not using PhotoShop, I am creating the scene in a 3d rendering program called Blender. It is capable of much better 3d manipulation than Photoshop...

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 12:50:34 AM »
Better this time around.

I didn't know how else to tell you that the first one sucked.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 12:51:25 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 12:56:42 AM »
Ive been watching all kinds of Blender tutorials this afternoon... Here are some interesting effects...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 01:40:53 AM »
Added the Holy Temple image in the background...

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 01:57:48 AM »
I made a few a long time ago using 3dsmax for jtf.... including one with an animated waving flag.   don't know where they are now.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 02:12:49 PM »
oi oi oi oi oi oi oi enough with the youtube

you're crashing my browser.

anyway. the star image looks good. Now you need to improve the jtf.org lettering. You're getting there.
don't mess with the flag anymore.  just improve the lettering. it just looks too common.  it doesn't look like you spent too much time on it. I know you probably spent a lot of time  on it, but it just doesn't look like it.

see if i just went along with everybody else and pretend that it looks great i would be doing you a disservice.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 02:14:11 PM »
and also I know that you would obsessively re-do.
and that you have thicker skin.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 03:16:32 PM »
oi oi oi oi oi oi oi enough with the youtube

you're crashing my browser.

anyway. the star image looks good. Now you need to improve the jtf.org lettering. You're getting there.
don't mess with the flag anymore.  just improve the lettering. it just looks too common.  it doesn't look like you spent too much time on it. I know you probably spent a lot of time  on it, but it just doesn't look like it.

see if i just went along with everybody else and pretend that it looks great i would be doing you a disservice.

It is just a logo for a newsletter, not the Mono Lisa or anything. I think what I have is just about good enough.

It took about five minutes to set up and render the final scene. Not too much time from start to finish... What took the time was re-learning the interface. Once you master it everything else is pretty easy...

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
A Logo should be simple. I am not sure it needs a background, especially on print.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 05:29:04 PM »
I like some of the different logos.  It's time for a variety.  This logo has been used for a long time.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 07:09:44 PM »
A Logo should be simple. I am not sure it needs a background, especially on print.

I agree that the final logo should be simple (without a lot of background) but I have been trying some ideas for a short video logo which will include several images (including the Temple, the Israeli flag, and images of Rabbi Kahane)...