Poll

Did anyone hear of such a name?

"Yeah. It be a brilliant African name. UMM HMM!"
1 (20%)
No. It's too hard to keep track of all the names they come up with.
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Did anyone ever hear the name Trayvon before the Zimmerman case?  (Read 377 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
I don't think I did.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Did anyone ever hear the name Trayvon before the Zimmerman case?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 01:20:07 AM »
They used to have names like Tyrone and Leroy. I guess now they are trying to be more "creative". Recently I hear such names as mostly the names of football and basketball players. DeSean, LeBraun, etc....

The ones that play baseball seem to have real names though. As long as I can remember though, their women have had real crazy names.

The rabbi even mentioned a black name in his shiur on the Book of Ezra. In the end of the book, people got rid of their Non-Jewish wives from intermarriage. He mentioned "Lequisha" as an example of a Non-Jewish woman. I was laughing. I don't know if anyone else was. The Jews there are mostly Liberal even though they are Orthodox.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 01:31:26 AM »
I wonder if the blacks know what it allegedly means. I think they just put sounds together. If it is really German, I doubt they know.

http://www.ourbabynamer.com/meaning-of-Trayvon.html

The name Trayvon is of German origin.

The meaning of Trayvon is "brave one". 

Trayvon, is generally used as a boy's name. It consists of 7 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Tray-von.

In the U.S. in 2012, it  ranked 1061 in popularity for boys with 178 occurrences.  Less than 5 girls were given the name. 

View the  Trayvon Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Trayvon has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Trayvon to other names.

Trayvon is a variant spelling of Travon.

Considering this name? Then you may want to  save it to your favorites list.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 01:33:01 AM »
This says Shaniqua be a real name. I guess they wanted to Africanize "Shanika". It sounds like Shannon or Danica which are real names. Shaniqua is a complete AA invention. It bares no resemblance in pronunciation.

The name Shaniqua is of English origin.

The meaning of Shaniqua is "G-d is gracious". 

Shaniqua, is generally used as a girl's name. It consists of 8 letters and 4 syllables and is pronounced Sha-ni-qu-a.

In the U.S. in 2012 less than 5 girls were given the name.  Less than 5 boys were given the name. 

View the  Shaniqua Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Shaniqua has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Shaniqua to other names.

Shaniqua is a variant spelling of Shanika.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 01:47:01 AM »
And they say it's racist to just call him Trayvon. Well, it's a unique name and most people in the World probably have never heard of such a name before. So what do you expect people to call him? Martin? Isn't that reserved for St. Martin Luther King?

Notice how the mother gave his full name when testifying of who the voice sounded like. Zimmerman's mother said "my son George". The Zimmermans seem like a nice family.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 01:48:29 AM »
When searching for "my son George", this is what comes up. It's a book by his father. Maybe should buy it to show support.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DE19P3K

Florida v. Zimmerman: Uncovering the Malicious Prosecution of my Son, George [Kindle Edition]
Robert Zimmerman (Author)
3.3 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (136 customer reviews)