Author Topic: How Cat Stevens can make his music 'islamic'  (Read 4668 times)

newman

How Cat Stevens can make his music 'islamic'
« on: July 18, 2007, 08:59:29 PM »
According to Yuseless Pigslam a.k.a Cat Stevens, he can no longer play or publish his music because it is unislamic. I've come up with some changes that may help him out:

' abdull & son'

'blow up the peace train'

'remember the days of the old terrorist training camp'

' looking for a submissive woman (to cicumcise)'

' I'm being followed by a mossad agent'

' where do the terrorists train'

If anyone else has ideas for changes to lyrics or song titles ............
please post them here.       

kellymaureen

Re: How Cat Stevens can make his music 'islamic'
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 09:09:10 PM »
"my wife's in the cradle"

newman

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 09:11:34 PM »
"my wife's in the cradle"

:laugh:....and most appropriate

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 09:13:50 PM »
If someone wrote some good lyrics for a re-make of a Cat Stevens song like "ooh baby baby it's a jihad world" I would record it and share it with JTF.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 09:16:21 PM »
how about...."watch them run down to platform 1 and blow up the 8.30 train to Matthew & Son"?

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
  • one of my earliest rebbeim/rav nachman bulman zt"l
in defense of when he was "the cat..."
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 09:54:35 PM »
his music was beautiful, pure and spiritually uplifting... i know this for three reasons...

first because back in the 70's when he was around his music and lyrics moved me deeply to search for truth and to seek for answers about the real meaning of life which eventually led me to torah-true judaism... i quite possibly may never have come to torah without him...

second because my rebbe rav bulman taught us that music was holy and not defiable by the immorality or tumah of the composer or performer... and if the music fit and was appropriate... any of it could be used for and adapted to davening, zemirot or hallel... like has been done with simon and garfunkle's "scarbough fair" to lecha dodi and to d'ror yikra...

and thirdly because back then he was not an anti-semite nor an idolator (even if factually he is indeed these now)... still you can't take away from him what he was back then... you simply cannot discredit the beauty of his poetry nor the majesty of his melodies or the transformative power of his voice... nor for that matter the mastery of his musical ability... he was the mozart of our time and he was without peer... nik. out...   
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:05:41 PM by nikmatdam »
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 09:58:59 PM »
He had a few decent songs.

Peace train, My son was just like me or whatever it's title is.

That's about it.

I certainly don't think he was a great artist.

His thinly veiled anti-Israel song at the global warming concert sucked.

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 09:59:39 PM »
Cat STevens was a good singer, it is sad he went to Islam.

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
Re: sympathy for the cat....
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 10:13:01 PM »
in fact he writes when he was searching for truth and G-d after his near-drowning experience off of malibu... he became intrigued with the life of yosef hatzadik... hence his name yusuf... it is such a pity that he did not meet someone who could have brought him to the real truth... the only authentic truth... judaism... i guess he just was not zoche and neither were we... because his music writ onto a torah theme just might have been "instrumental" in bringing back many, many lost jews to their source... and for your information... he was a great, great artist... you just have not listened to his entire body of work as i have... you only know a few of his most popular tunes... some of which were commercially appealing but were not his best compositions... by far not even close... you just have no idea of what they and he truly were... nik. out...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:44:40 PM by nikmatdam »
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

newman

Re: sympathy for the cat....
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 10:18:36 PM »
in fact he writes when he was searching for truth and G-d after his near-drowning experience off of malibu... he became intrigued with the life of yosef hatzadik... hence his name yusuf... it is such a pity that he did not meet someone who could have brought him to the real truth... the only authentic truth... judaism... i guess he just was not zoche and neither were we... because his music writ onto a torah theme just might have been "instramental" in bringing back many, many lost jews to their source... and for your information... he was a great, great artist... you just have not listened to his entire body of work as i have... you only know a few of his most popular tunes... some of which were commercially appealing but were not his best compositions... by far not even close... you just have no idea of what they and he truly were... nik. out...

The problem is that self-hating westerners like him all think that the turd world and the east have more to offer. I doubt he would have looked at the real truth of Judaism because like so many in the west, he would consider Jews to be European........... that's why the secular western leftists are all anti-Israel.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 10:19:29 PM »
Great, great artist ?

Please.

Guess that's what makes horse races though.

I'd say Paul Simon was a great artist.

Based on what Yusuf stands for since his near drowning in Malibu, I can only say it's a shame the undertow wasn't a bit stronger that day.

newman

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 03:37:53 AM »
Sarah, you have to pass these ideas on to Cat.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 03:44:57 AM »
Sarah, you have to pass these ideas on to Cat.

Why do you so desperately want him to sing degrading and islamic lyrics?

He is a nice guy newman.

You know how celebrities like to be "different" and do something wacko, i guess thats what he did, became a muslim. At least he doesn't smoke drugs anymore.

newman

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 03:50:53 AM »
QUOTE:"You know how celebrities like to be "different" and do something wacko, i guess thats what he did, became a muslim. At least he doesn't smoke drugs anymore."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's priceless!

Sarah, I love you. Don't you ever change......and I mean it :D :D

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 03:53:00 AM »
QUOTE:"You know how celebrities like to be "different" and do something wacko, i guess thats what he did, became a muslim. At least he doesn't smoke drugs anymore."

That's priceless!

Um...ok. ;D
I didn't even find it funny, but heck! :) Thanks.

newman

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 04:12:12 AM »

That's priceless!

Um...ok. ;D
I didn't even find it funny, but heck! :) Thanks.

It was gorgeous! :D

It was like some nice old lady who when talking about the Cray Brothers says "Well at least they were nice to their mother" :laugh:

I can't beleive your just a young girl. :)

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 08:46:25 PM »
sarah... do you actually know him...? could you get a letter from me to him...? nik.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 04:20:05 PM »
sarah... do you actually know him...? could you get a letter from me to him...? nik.

Sure I could, though i would put it through his house door not hand it to him.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 04:29:45 PM »
where does he live?
Has he fully accepted the Muslim way of life? or is he a fake Muslim-Moderate Muslim?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 04:35:49 PM »
where does he live?
Has he fully accepted the Muslim way of life? or is he a fake Muslim-Moderate Muslim?

He lives in London.

His views vary but i can't speak for him, he respects all cultures and religions i'm sure and he loves the western civilisation but not the culture.
As a muslim, he practices but his intentions are his own, i haven't heard him speak many wise words about Islam itself but he always has something to say about muslims. He wants to be accepted. Islam hasn't rubbed off well on his children.

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 07:17:04 PM »
sarah i will send you my letter for him soon to your message box... if you can get it to him by any means at all that would be great... i could care less how he receives it... and thank you in advance... the letter won't have anything to say to you directly and whatever appears on the page when you print it out which refers to you or this site... by all means cut it away... i'll try to get to it next week... and thanks... in fact i already have one on file which i tried to send to majikcat or is that majickat his web site... but due to its content and who might have seen it first i doubt he ever received it... in any event i never got a response from him... anyway... thanks and take care... shabat shalom... nik.

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 08:14:49 PM »
it's done... thank you again sarah... nik.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2007, 03:47:31 AM »
It was a very beautiful message, i'll drop it off today.

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2007, 01:01:34 AM »
thanks and by the way... that's a stunningly gorgeous pic... where's it from...? and what's it of...? nik.