Author Topic: Warsaw, Poland - Priest Condemned For Anti-Semitic Remark.  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!

Warsaw, Poland - More than 700 people in Poland, including a former prime minister and foreign minister, signed an open letter condemning statements about Jews by a right-wing Roman Catholic priest who runs a controversial radio station.

A magazine had reported that Rev. Tadeusz Rydzyk, during a lecture at a journalism school, described Jews as greedy and criticized President Lech Kaczynski for donating land in Warsaw for a Jewish museum.

Hundreds of people — including former Prime Minister Tadeusz Mazowiecki and former Auschwitz inmate and Foreign Minister Wladyslaw Bartoszewski — signed the letter, saying Rydzyk's comments "revealed his contempt" for Jews and fellow Christians.
"As Polish Catholics, laymen and clergy, we express our moral protest against the worsening statements of the director of Radio Maryja," the letter says. "It hurts us that the contemptible and anti-Semitic statements come from a representative of our church."

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

newman

Re: Warsaw, Poland - Priest Condemned For Anti-Semitic Remark.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 03:41:45 AM »
Pretty typical for Poland.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 05:51:38 AM »
You have to understand Polish anti-semitism.

After all, the country of Poland with it's millions of citizens is actually in all aspects controlled by the five eighty-year-old Jews who still live in Poland.

It's got to be frustrating for them.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

newman

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 05:54:33 AM »
You have to understand Polish anti-semitism.

After all, the country of Poland with it's millions of citizens is actually in all aspects controlled by the five eighty-year-old Jews who still live in Poland.

It's got to be frustrating for them.

Hasn't Poland been visciously anti-semitic since forever?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 05:58:57 AM »
Not really i think Poland was the first country in Europe to invite Jews to live there and grant them full rights
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 06:03:23 AM »
Not really i think Poland was the first country in Europe to invite Jews to live there and grant them full rights

Yeah, cenyuries ago. But for the last hundred and fifty years, pogroms were a regular event weren't they? I've also heard it said that Jews had to hide on good friday in poland.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 06:04:40 AM »

Yeah, cenyuries ago. But for the last hundred and fifty years, pogroms were a regular event weren't they? I've also heard it said that Jews had to hide on good friday in poland.
Yes in the past 150 yrs your right
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 06:07:36 AM »
Are you kidding?

When the Jewish survivors tried to  return to their homes after leaving the death camps, the polish citizens had a pogrom.

The Polish citizens are vicious Jew-haters by and large.

My point was that their hatred for Jews is all the more insane because there are no Jews in Poland anymore.

Most were exterminated. You'd think they would drop Jew-hatred when there are no longer any Jews there, but apparently not.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

newman

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 06:13:53 AM »
Yes, I heard about a holocaust survivor who  went back to poland in late 45/ early 46 to look for any family members. There were none, BTW.
He was murdered by a mob, lead by the local clergy because a 10 year old kid told a tall tale about blood libel.

Incase anybody's wondering why poland is a backwater and a sweatshop for rich germans...............see Genesis.