Author Topic: priorities -Dedicated to all the patriotic American Jews  (Read 2022 times)

Offline whywhywhy

• Full JTFer
priorities -Dedicated to all the patriotic American Jews
« on: July 25, 2007, 08:35:57 AM »
When Golda Meir held the office of Prime Minister, she tried to
encourage

Henry Kissinger to make Israel a top priority.

He sent her a letter: "I would like to inform you that I'm first an

American citizen, second Secretary of State and third a Jew."

She responded: "In Israel we read from right to left"

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 08:37:50 AM by whywhywhy »

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: priorities -Dedicated to all the patriotic American Jews
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 08:42:26 AM »
What's your point?  That Israel should be a higher priority than America?  I don't see a contradiction between the two.  What's good for Israel is almost always good for America.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 08:49:42 AM by Ze'ev Jabotinsky »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 08:44:43 AM »
Classic ashkenazi wit. :)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 08:49:17 AM »
What's your point?

I guess he's point is that "American Jews" should be Jew first, American second.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 08:52:14 AM »
What's your point?

I guess he's point is that "American Jews" should be Jew first, American second.

I hope so.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 09:05:09 AM »
That's one of the reasons I love this forum.

Here I can say I'm a Jew first and an American second, without having my patriotism questioned.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 09:08:46 AM »
Any logical person can see that it's not unpatriotic to consider oneself a Jew first and an American second, just like it's not unpatriotic for oneself to be a Christian first and an American second.  There is no difference.

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 10:14:04 AM »
I agree that Jews should be Jews first and Americans second. You would never be able to say that most places though without an outcry.
The same goes for Christians- I see no problem with people being Christians first and Americans second.