Author Topic: Japanese Leapfrog Everyone on Solar Energy  (Read 709 times)

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
Japanese Leapfrog Everyone on Solar Energy
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:17:01 PM »
I guess the Japanese really understand the need for energy independence.  This muslim fraud in the white house sure doesn't.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/energy/2013/08/130814-japan-solar-energy-incentive/

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Japanese Leapfrog Everyone on Solar Energy
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 05:27:55 PM »
While I support energy independence...  I think solar is not the answer.  Japan still only gets a tiny percentage from solar.

I think energy independence has to be practical... otherwise... it will backfire... like it has in California.. where people got so angry with the rising costs..... that the politicians just outsourced our energy from other states.

If we are going to replace gasoline with electricity.... we need significantly more electricity... basically double the amount of electricity that we have now.  That can never be done with solar... we couldnt even do a fourth of it... only nuclear can provide this without polluting us to the point where we resemble China.   I know Chaim doesn't like nuclear, but if we used the latest nuclear reactor technology... they are far safer than even the best available reactors in Japan.

Brian

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 05:31:42 PM »
I don't think subsidizing solar energy is a good policy. Especially since the main beneficiary of such policy are the Chinese because their state owned solar modules manufacturers are the one selling about 90% of the total solar modules globally and moreover it makes electricity more expensive for consumers and for industry, which once again plays into the hands of the Chinese competitors.

The fossil fuels for electricity generation are natgas and coal, OPEC and the other quran rodents don't control these commodities trade and never will. If there are circumstances where solar power or other forms of "green" energy are economically viable I am in favor of using them.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 05:34:07 PM »
Nuclear could be the future for cheap electricity except it seems like politicians are making it too expensive if not completely impossible to build new reactors.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 02:29:09 AM »
pure solar farms used solely to produce energy is ridiculous.
however, solar roofs make plenty of sense. because the roof is just black tiles. solar tiles provides cover and electricity.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 02:43:53 AM »
Break it up... Break it up... This thread has become too serious...

Talking about Japanese Leapfrogs...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14