Author Topic: The Yom Kippur War : Israel's day of judgement 1973  (Read 425 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
The Yom Kippur War : Israel's day of judgement 1973
« on: September 02, 2013, 08:46:19 PM »
We are entering the week of trembling, the week of Rosh Hashanah through Yom Kippur.

In 1973 Israel was attacked by arab armies and rose to repel the invaders. This video recalls the events of those days.

May we always have Hashem with us, to assist us in our battles, and to remove our obstacles.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: The Yom Kippur War : Israel's day of judgement 1973
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 08:56:02 PM »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 12:33:14 AM »

I don't like how it gloifies the piece agreement with Egypt. Israel could have literally stretched from the Nile to the Euphrates. The Jewish People are compared to the Moon. Israel has waned since reaching its peak during the Yom Kippur War. Just like the Jewish Kingdom waned after King Solomon built the Temple.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 01:01:23 PM »
I can't believe that it's been 40 years already.  I remember that my father went to shul for services and told people that Israel was being attacked by Egypt.  The people there were shocked and the rabbi asked everyone to say a prayer for the Iseralis.