Author Topic: Catholic League attack Minutemen  (Read 2860 times)

newman

Catholic League attack Minutemen
« on: July 26, 2007, 05:10:58 AM »
Catholic League Getting Desperate Claims Minutemen Are 'Anti-Catholic'
By Digger

The "Catholic League", a rogue group of the Catholic church, knows it is in the wrong regarding illegal immigration. St Peter's Church in Fallbrook, California headed by Father Edward “Bud” Kaicher in particular has been repeatedly breaking federal law by assisting illegal aliens directly with acquiring work. They even admit it in this latest press release below.

However they seem to be getting desperate at attempting to make groups that protest their illegal actions look like racists and now they have stepped so far as to call them "Anti-Catholic". This is simply outrageously false of course and just shows the nature of the leaders of this church and the Catholic League as a whole. To present a diverse group of American patriots as being against a single religious group is unconscionable.

Catholic League

July 10, 2007

SAN DIEGO MINUTEMEN GIN UP CATHOLIC BASHING

Yesterday, the Catholic League criticized the anti-Catholic bigotry displayed by the San Diego Minutemen against St. Peter’s Church in Fallbrook, California. The anti-illegal immigrant group is protesting the cooperation that the church’s pastor, Father Edward “Bud” Kaicher, has shown in helping day laborers find employment in the San Diego suburb.

Today, the group accused the Catholic League of creating “hatred amongst Catholics nationwide against Americans standing up for what’s right and legal.” It also accused the illegal immigrants of increasing “crime and disease in our communities,” and said that the “corrupt Catholic church” was committing “outrageous crimes and deeds.”

Catholic League president Bill Donohue responded as follows:

“We have learned that the San Diego Minutemen are unaffiliated with either the Minuteman Project or the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps. As such, our comments are solely directed at the San Diego Minutemen.

“The Catholic League is calling upon non-Latino Catholics in Southern California to join with Latino Catholics to condemn the flagrant anti-Catholic bigotry of the San Diego Minutemen. Regardless of whether one is sympathetic or not to the plight of illegal immigrants—and/or the grievances of legal immigrants—there is one issue that all fair-minded persons should be able to agree upon: there is no role for bigotry in this dispute.

“We are prepared to work with other Catholic organizations in the San Diego area to put an end to the Catholic bashing. To think there can be a realistic chance of achieving reconciliation without first addressing the issue of anti-Catholicism is pure nonsense.”

It doesn't take much to read between the lines of the above press release from the Catholic League. They want "non-Latino" Catholics to join them in trying to stop the Minutemen and residents of their community from using their constitutional right to protest. I can guarantee you that if St. Peter's stopped aiding and abetting illegal aliens and breaking the law then the protests would stop.

This has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with breaking our laws so that they can make a buck off their new church-going illegal aliens. As always if you follow the money you'll find the reason.

Here is a response from the protesters.

Father Bud knows he needs to close that illegal day labor center. He knows he is violating Federal law and subject to ICE raids. The sooner he closes the DLS, the less damage he will do to the Catholic Church. Americans are overwhelmingly opposed to what he is doing there! Americans, Catholics, Protestants and even Hispanic Americans call for the immediate closure of this site and an end to the flagrant anti-American bigotry of the Catholic League!
Our comments are solely directed at the Catholic League based in New York City and any Catholic entity that supports their campaign of hate and lies against good American citizens.

All media are encouraged to check with the Fallbrook Sheriff's Dept. at 760-451-3100 to confirm that all three protests so far have been 100% peaceful except for one incident where some Latino Catholics coming out of the church verbally assaulted a Hispanic American Family protesting the church's hiring site and then spit on one of our protesters on the public sidewalk. The Sheriffs were watching nearby and responded and restrained the vigilante church-goers before they could carry out their threats of violence.

The only thing I'd disagree with above is calling these criminals who assaulted the protesters, "vigilantes". A vigilante is someone who enforces the law on their own terms. These assaults had nothing to do with enforcing the law and everything to do with hatred of our rule of law and any who want immigration laws to be enforced. In addition they were obvious hate attacks on someone of their same race they consider a "race traitor"

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Catholic League attack Minutemen
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 07:36:21 AM »
BILL DONOHUE??? HE USED TOP BE NORMAL
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 07:38:53 AM »
BILL DONOHUE??? HE USED TOP BE NORMAL

So did allen-t.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 08:03:50 AM »
Unbelievable...How can the church be on the law breaking side.
That is the question that always comes to my mind.

I had a Priest tell me that Americans hate bill clinton just because they are sex obsessed.    ???
I tried to explain that it was because he was carrying on on company time with a subordinate and he broke the law.
He could have carried on right where the President resides with his wife present and most of us would not have cared.
No answer.
So siding with the illegals makes no sense to me if you are a religious law abiding person.  I know why they do - but can't figure how they think it is not hypocritical.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 08:12:22 AM »
Bill Donohue was a stand up guy :-\
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 11:15:35 AM »
Bill Donohue was a stand up guy :-\
I agree he always seemed like a stand up guy.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 02:52:13 AM »
Unbelievable...How can the church be on the law breaking side.
That is the question that always comes to my mind.

I had a Priest tell me that Americans hate bill clinton just because they are sex obsessed.    ???
I tried to explain that it was because he was carrying on on company time with a subordinate and he broke the law.
He could have carried on right where the President resides with his wife present and most of us would not have cared.
No answer.
So siding with the illegals makes no sense to me if you are a religious law abiding person.  I know why they do - but can't figure how they think it is not hypocritical.

The pope, especially, has been irrational.  Despite being declared an infidel by the jihadists, the pope wants them all over Europe. 

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 03:22:23 AM »
I agree.
It just makes no sense to anyone with any RationalThought process.  ;)
Good screen name by the way!

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 11:39:34 AM »
Without being anti-Catholic, it must be rationally noted that the Catholic Church and a few Catholic organizations do seem to be supporting a pro-Amensty agenda.

I'm sure there are many Catholics who do not agree with them.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 11:46:48 AM by kane123123 »

newman

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 11:51:07 AM »
It's simply a question of butts on seats and $$....ie: survival.

All the established churches are facing a crisis, none more than the catholic church. There congregations are shrinking and getting longer in the tooth.....as are their clergy. They are facing extinction in the western countries in a century or less. Allready the church is bringing clergy from turd world countries to fill the desperate shortages of priests in the west. In shear desperation they are doing something to try and insure their survival. That is....getting a mass injection of catholic latinos to put their brown butts on the seats and $$ in the plates. The church is so desperate to survive in the short to medium term they don't care if they destroy the USA in the process.

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 11:56:14 AM »
An excellent point.  Its nothing that is "wrong" with the religion of course, its just a drive for cheap labor.

If we look at corporations, its a similar situation, only its not for religious "jobs."

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 08:02:31 AM »
It's simply a question of butts on seats and $$....ie: survival.

All the established churches are facing a crisis, none more than the catholic church. There congregations are shrinking and getting longer in the tooth.....as are their clergy. They are facing extinction in the western countries in a century or less. Allready the church is bringing clergy from turd world countries to fill the desperate shortages of priests in the west. In shear desperation they are doing something to try and insure their survival. That is....getting a mass injection of catholic latinos to put their brown butts on the seats and $$ in the plates. The church is so desperate to survive in the short to medium term they don't care if they destroy the USA in the process.
That about sums it up you are exactly right newman. The Catholic church has done a great bit of good in the world however it also has the power to influence things that cause problems for countries like America. As I am writing this post it dawned on me that the R.C Church is very much in the same situation as the Republicans are in . They want to get their hands on the Latinos because of the shear numbers however they risk loosing their original members. As I see it when push comes to shove they will cut the original members loose in favor of the new however the way I see it in both cases they will be getting nothing but a pig in a poke.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

newman

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 08:09:07 AM »
That's right. They'll sell out what's left of their Irish / itallian / polish congregation for the lure of the $$ a large latino flock can throw in the plate. This is short sighted as it will just p*ss main street USA off and hand ammo to the growing pool of R.C.C. bashers. They're also wrong to assume the US born future latino generation will stay in the church.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 11:47:44 AM »
That's right. They'll sell out what's left of their Irish / itallian / polish congregation for the lure of the $$ a large latino flock can throw in the plate. This is short sighted as it will just p*ss main street USA off and hand ammo to the growing pool of R.C.C. bashers. They're also wrong to assume the US born future latino generation will stay in the church.
Exactly.
Again I ask - Newman - do you ever sleep? - greater then 2000 posts - Congratulations - I think  ;) Just joking.

Offline snowshoe

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 12:03:03 PM »
A lot of the Minutemen are  Roman Catholic, including several of their leadership.  I worked with several on the "fence".
They were good dedicated patriots.

:)
Forever, O Lord, Thy Word is settled in Heaven.

newman

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2007, 12:04:34 PM »
Exactly.
Again I ask - Newman - do you ever sleep? - greater then 2000 posts - Congratulations - I think  ;) Just joking.

You talkin' to me?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 12:06:19 PM by newman »

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2007, 03:43:14 PM »
Too many people are resorting to name calling, "racist," "anti-catholic" etc. as a political mechanism to stop the advance of valid movements and arguements.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2007, 10:55:49 PM »
After looking into this i found out bill Donohue was just talking about the Fallbrook chapter thats where nazi Metzger has his group it's called white aryan resistanse.It may very well be that this minuteman chapter is a metzger front  this might explain it

http://www.catholicleague.org/07press_releases/quarter_3/070710_sd_minutemen_2.htm

SAN DIEGO MINUTEMEN GIN UP CATHOLIC BASHING

Yesterday, the Catholic League criticized the anti-Catholic bigotry displayed by the San Diego Minutemen against St. Peter’s Church in Fallbrook, California. The anti-illegal immigrant group is protesting the cooperation that the church’s pastor, Father Edward “Bud” Kaicher, has shown in helping day laborers find employment in the San Diego suburb.

Today, the group accused the Catholic League of creating “hatred amongst Catholics nationwide against Americans standing up for what’s right and legal.” It also accused the illegal immigrants of increasing “crime and disease in our communities,” and said that the “corrupt Catholic church” was committing “outrageous crimes and deeds.”

Catholic League president Bill Donohue responded as follows:

“We have learned that the San Diego Minutemen are unaffiliated with either the Minuteman Project or the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps. As such, our comments are solely directed at the San Diego Minutemen.

“The Catholic League is calling upon non-Latino Catholics in Southern California to join with Latino Catholics to condemn the flagrant anti-Catholic bigotry of the San Diego Minutemen. Regardless of whether one is sympathetic or not to the plight of illegal immigrants—and/or the grievances of legal immigrants—there is one issue that all fair-minded persons should be able to agree upon: there is no role for bigotry in this dispute.

“We are prepared to work with other Catholic organizations in the San Diego area to put an end to the Catholic bashing. To think there can be a realistic chance of achieving reconciliation without first addressing the issue of anti-Catholicism is pure nonsense.”
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 11:04:50 PM by mord »

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline fjack

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 09:57:23 PM »
One of he reasons that I gave up being a Catholic is because of the leftest leanings of the the whole organization. I don't remember where it is written in the Constitution that religious organizations are immuned to obeying laws. I don't even know why they are tax exempt. This is nuts. Why should they not pay taxes so they can shelter, feed and give clothes to these lawbreakers, This does not compute. If they don't like our laws they it stands to reason that they don't like the tax exemption they get, so take it away.