Author Topic: Why did David Fisch AKA Dov Fisch AKA Dov Aharoni AKA Dov Fischer change his nam  (Read 7913 times)

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Why did David Fisch AKA Dov Fisch AKA Dov Aharoni AKA Rabbi Dov Fischer change his name so many times?
Does anybody know?
What is this sellout hiding?

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
בס''ד

You and I are probably the only two people on this forum who know him.

The last time I saw Dave Fisch was in 1976 at the sentencing of Russ Kellner. I have no idea what happened to him since.

You are one of the few people that I can talk to about activism in the 1970s. I'm glad to see that someone remembers.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
I guess his Hebrew name is Dov and his parents named him David in English. This is not uncommon in the United States where people give their kids English names that are of Hebrew origin but don't match their real Hebrew names.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
בס''ד

The last time I saw Dave Fisch was in 1976 at the sentencing of Russ Kellner. I have no idea what happened to him since.

You are one of the few people that I can talk to about activism in the 1970s. I'm glad to see that someone remembers.
So you probably remember Steve Rombom also? He was some charachter back in the day. Once him & I & a bunch of other JDL chevra  were driving through Harlem & Rombom yelled out the window hi ho negro.
I am just curious as to why he changed his name from Fisch to Fischer if anybody knows?
From the old chevra I see Andy Green (AKA Baruch Ben Yosef )every so often & Garth & his wife Joy I saw by a dinner that was held in in honor of the 40 th anniversary of the founding of the JDL which was sponsored by the yeshiva.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
בס''ד

I have an idea let's try to make a place on the forum to discuss those glorious days.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Fisch sold out years ago FYI

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Fisch sold out years ago FYI
How did he do that ?

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
How did he do that ?
He was an oppoertunist that only used JDL to further his career,he later sold out & became executive director of Herut USA which is Likud..
On his shul's website it mentions that he ran Herut but absolutely no mention of the JDL obviously he is ashamed of his past involvement. You would know as the only ones on this forum that know him are me & Chaim.
Chaim will vouch that he is a sellout.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
So you probably remember Steve Rombom also? He was some charachter back in the day. Once him & I & a bunch of other JDL chevra  were driving through Harlem & Rombom yelled out the window hi ho negro.
I am just curious as to why he changed his name from Fisch to Fischer if anybody knows?
From the old chevra I see Andy Green (AKA Baruch Ben Yosef )every so often & Garth & his wife Joy I saw by a dinner that was held in in honor of the 40 th anniversary of the founding of the JDL which was sponsored by the yeshiva.

I remember hearing about Steve Rombom involving Mordechai Levy trying to shoot Irv Rubin. I remember hearing about it in the 1990's but it happened in the 1980's. That's all I've heard of Steve Rombom. It was either from the Rubins' fake JDL website or JDO's website.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
I was in JDL in 1971 and 72.  I saw Dave Fisch in the early 1980s in San Francisco.  I told him I had been in JDL.  He told me about Dov Hikind having electoral success (I did some work on his first campaign).  Fisch just said JDL wasn't happening any more and he had moved on.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
I was in JDL in 1971 and 72.  I saw Dave Fisch in the early 1980s in San Francisco.  I told him I had been in JDL.  He told me about Dov Hikind having electoral success (I did some work on his first campaign).  Fisch just said JDL wasn't happening any more and he had moved on.
But why did he change his last name to Fischer?

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
How does answer why Fisch changed his last name to Fischer?

I wanted to bring up more history that people might remember.