Poll

Should JTF support Ted Cruz for president in 2016?

Yes
25 (96.2%)
No
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Important poll: Should JTF support Ted Cruz for president in 2016?  (Read 3148 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Important poll: Should JTF support Ted Cruz for president in 2016?
« on: September 29, 2013, 11:01:09 AM »
בס''ד

In my opinion, we should support Senator Ted Cruz of Texas for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016. He is the only true conservative running, he appears to be strongly pro-Israel because he is an evangelical Southern Baptist, and he has guts unlike all of the wimpy establishment Republicans.

Are the odds against him? Yes. Hillary Sodom Clinton will be probably be the next president. But at least with Cruz, we will have a real fighter who is not afraid to attack and who has principles. So even if the odds are against him or any other possible Republican nominee, I think we should take a stand.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Important poll: Should JTF support Ted Cruz for president in 2016?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 11:20:10 AM »
From what I have read, he looks like a good candidate, many southern baptist and independent baptist are also very pro Israel.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 11:22:03 AM »
Yes Chaim, I think so.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 01:28:26 PM »
בס''ד

Is there a benefit to choosing someone this early?

Great question.

There are pros and cons to any decision we make.

The risk is that we end up supporting either a loser or someone who doesn't run at all which is what happened with Huckabee.

An even bigger risk is that we could support someone who ends up disappointing us or betraying us.

That's the possible down side.

However, there are several potential benefits.

First, we might influence the positions on the issues that a candidate or his supporters adopt. Cruz has spoken about the need to give Israel "unshakeable" support. He has taken a good stand on Iran, calling for issuing an ultimatum and then using military force to destroy their nuclear program unless they verifiably agree to abandon their quest for nuclear bombs. But Cruz has not yet taken a stand on a "Palestinian" state or Israeli retreats from Biblical lands. We might be able to influence his position with our videos. If we become his first Zionist supporters, he might be interested in what we say.

Second, we might be able to actually help him gain more support in order to win. Considering our budget and the size of our movement, that is only a slim possibility but we could try.

Third, we might attract new people to JTF. Unfortunately, we did not succeed in getting new people with our anti-Obama campaign in 2012 but maybe this time it will work. Cruz supporters tend to be much more intense.

Obviously, I can't promise that we will succeed. But I think the situation in both America and Israel is terrible and so I don't think we have that much to lose.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 01:48:13 PM »
Yes, Chaim. He's our only choice.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 06:49:14 PM »
So far, Cruz is the best choice.  I wonder, though, can he prevail in the new Third World America (TWA)?   Also, the media will go after him like gangbusters.  I fear Rand Paul will win; he brings together the far left of TWA  and the far right crazies, all of whom hate Israel, and the left wing media likes him bc he's to the left of Obama.

I fear the question will be:  who's worse?  Hillary or RiP? 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 07:00:12 PM by NoMosqueHere »

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 07:04:55 PM »
בס''ד

First, we might influence the positions on the issues that a candidate or his supporters adopt. Cruz has spoken about the need to give Israel "unshakeable" support. He has taken a good stand on Iran, calling for issuing an ultimatum and then using military force to destroy their nuclear program unless they verifiably agree to abandon their quest for nuclear bombs. But Cruz has not yet taken a stand on a "Palestinian" state or Israeli retreats from Biblical lands. We might be able to influence his position with our videos. If we become his first Zionist supporters, he might be interested in what we say.

Second, we might be able to actually help him gain more support in order to win. Considering our budget and the size of our movement, that is only a slim possibility but we could try.

Third, we might attract new people to JTF. Unfortunately, we did not succeed in getting new people with our anti-Obama campaign in 2012 but maybe this time it will work. Cruz supporters tend to be much more intense.

I think it's a great idea! Cruz is listening to people like us. The more support he gets, the stronger he will become. He is going to get attacked by everyone, and he needs as much support as he can get. You can make a difference!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 07:38:54 PM »
Cruz is the man!!!! 

He is the most constitutionally minded candidate in that den of snakes they call a senate. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 01:24:03 AM »
Anyone but Obama. Well almost anyone.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 01:40:13 AM »
Chaim, obviously we cannot live in fear of this, but isn't there some chance that a vocal support campaign for Cruz by our movement will lead to people saying "you see??? Ted Cruz cannot be trusted because he is a Zionist puppet!!!" I can see the left and Pedofronters alike parroting this nonsense already.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 02:12:57 AM »
Endorsing Cruz is okay but let's not freak out when we find an issue he disagrees with  us or Chaim on.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline GreenLightToGo

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 05:17:37 AM »
בס''ד

In my opinion, we should support Senator Ted Cruz of Texas for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016. He is the only true conservative running, he appears to be strongly pro-Israel because he is an evangelical Southern Baptist, and he has guts unlike all of the wimpy establishment Republicans.

Are the odds against him? Yes. Hillary Sodom Clinton will be probably be the next president. But at least with Cruz, we will have a real fighter who is not afraid to attack and who has principles. So even if the odds are against him or any other possible Republican nominee, I think we should take a stand.

I'll be the only one voting no, I guess.

I don't support him unless he's running against Rand Paul or Marco Rubio for the nomination.  I saw Ted Cruz saying on Fox that he supports securing the borders, and then legalizing all of the illegals ("securing the border first").

Rick Santorum opposes amnesty for illegals even if the border is secured from the last I saw of him.  If he runs again, I'm supporting him.  Tom Tancredo endorsed Santorum in the last election and spoke to an audience with Santorum standing next to him saying that he believed Santorum would address legal immigration as well, which means he probably spoke to him about it & Santorum agrees with him (at least that it's an issue).

As far as Israel is concerned... in the long term, I don't think a Ted Cruz administration would be as positive for Israel as a Rick Santorum administration, because of the administrations that would follow them.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 06:31:11 AM »
I have to do some research before i will vote for this.
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 08:11:02 AM »
I'll be the only one voting no, I guess.

I don't support him unless he's running against Rand Paul or Marco Rubio for the nomination.  I saw Ted Cruz saying on Fox that he supports securing the borders, and then legalizing all of the illegals ("securing the border first").

Rick Santorum opposes amnesty for illegals even if the border is secured from the last I saw of him.  If he runs again, I'm supporting him.  Tom Tancredo endorsed Santorum in the last election and spoke to an audience with Santorum standing next to him saying that he believed Santorum would address legal immigration as well, which means he probably spoke to him about it & Santorum agrees with him (at least that it's an issue).

As far as Israel is concerned... in the long term, I don't think a Ted Cruz administration would be as positive for Israel as a Rick Santorum administration, because of the administrations that would follow them.

בס''ד

Could you please provide a link for the interview that you are referring to? I have seen a number of interviews with Cruz on the subject of the illegal aliens, and he always made it clear that he was opposed to amnesty. In fact, Cruz has taken a tougher position on amnesty than any of the other candidates, in my opinion.

I like Santorum on a number of issues such as Israel, Iran and abortion. But as a Senator, he voted for hundreds of billions of dollars in wasteful spending. When Santorum ran for re-election in 2006, he bragged about his big spending policies. When Mitt Romney attacked him for his big spending votes during the debates, Santorum admitted that he voted for wasteful programs but said that he had to do it because he was a member of the Republican Senate leadership "team". That comment hurt Santorum badly in the primaries.

One thing you can't say about Cruz is that he's a member of the establishment "team". He's driving them nuts. I love watching him aggravate these RINO sell-outs.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 09:59:07 AM »
Ted Cruz? Didn't he just rammed us up the rear not long ago?

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/ted-cruz-praises-barack-obama-96665.html
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 12:14:45 PM »
At least Cruz knows the Dr. Suess story Green Eggs and Ham.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 12:41:32 PM »
בס''ד

Could you please provide a link for the interview that you are referring to? I have seen a number of interviews with Cruz on the subject of the illegal aliens, and he always made it clear that he was opposed to amnesty. In fact, Cruz has taken a tougher position on amnesty than any of the other candidates, in my opinion.

I like Santorum on a number of issues such as Israel, Iran and abortion. But as a Senator, he voted for hundreds of billions of dollars in wasteful spending. When Santorum ran for re-election in 2006, he bragged about his big spending policies. When Mitt Romney attacked him for his big spending votes during the debates, Santorum admitted that he voted for wasteful programs but said that he had to do it because he was a member of the Republican Senate leadership "team". That comment hurt Santorum badly in the primaries.

Don't forget that Santorum supported Arlen Specter in the 2004 Republican Primary over Pat Toomey. Because of that, JTF supported Bob Casey in 2006 when he defeated Santorum for Senate. Toomey eventually won in 2010 after Specter was defeated in the Democrat Primary.  Now Pennsylvania has 2 pro-life Senators (One Democrat and one Republican). Specter was a pro-abortion Republican.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 12:50:47 PM »
Wikipedia said he was born in Canada. His mother was born in Delaware. Is he not legally allowed to be President?

Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta[1][10] where his parents, Eleanor Elizabeth Wilson Darragh[11] and Rafael Bienvenido Cruz,[11][12] were working in the oil business.[13][14] His parents owned a seismic-data processing firm for oil drillers.[15][12] Cruz's father, who was born in 1939 in Matanzas, Cuba,[11][12] "suffered beatings and imprisonment for protesting the oppressive regime"[15][12] of dictator Fulgencio Batista. He fought for communist revolutionary Fidel Castro in the Cuban Revolution[16][17] when he was 14 years old, but "didn't know Castro was a Communist." A few years later he became a staunch critic of Castro when "the rebel leader took control and began seizing private property and suppressing dissent."[18][12] The elder Cruz fled Cuba in 1957 at the age of 18, landing in Austin[15] to study at the University of Texas, knowing no English and with only $100 sewn into his underwear.[19][20] His younger sister fought in the counter-revolution and was tortured by the new regime.[17] He remained regretful for his early support of Castro, and emphatically conveyed this remorse to his young son over the following years.[17][12] The elder Cruz worked his way through college as a dishwasher, making 50 cents an hour,[21] earning a degree in mathematics.[15] Cruz's father today is a pastor in Carrollton, Texas,[22] a Dallas suburb, and became a U.S. citizen in 2005.[23]

Offline GreenLightToGo

• Full JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 01:19:34 PM »
בס''ד

One thing you can't say about Cruz is that he's a member of the establishment "team". He's driving them nuts. I love watching him aggravate these RINO sell-outs.

I couldn't find exactly the interview with Ted Cruz that I saw (I was watching Fox News and not an internet video when I saw it), but let me give you to video links to show a difference between the two of them.

Santorum (this video is kind of short, but I like it):

Cruz:

While I credit Cruz with talking about why amnesty is wrong, he kind of shies away from talking about deportation, where as Santorum does not.  In other words, while Cruz will talk about the problems with the left's solution, he sort of shies away from giving his own, does he not?

That's how I see it, anyway.  As far as Santorum's spending is concerned, here's how I view spending.  If the Republican party were specifically against increasing spending, would we support a strong military, border security, and other forms of law enforcement?  Rand Paul opposes a strong military (he denies the threat of Islamic terrorism), supports amnesty, and doesn't he support weak drug laws?  Legalizing various drugs?

I do not believe that Rick Santorum supports spending money on government healthcare programs to cushion the consequences of promiscuity promoted by the entertainment industry instead of just warning about the behaviors.  He frequently speaks about family values and the entertainment industry.