Author Topic: Monkey Biker Paralyzed from 'road rage' incident  (Read 1452 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Monkey Biker Paralyzed from 'road rage' incident
« on: October 03, 2013, 05:14:38 PM »
This is some good news... Justice sometimes is served.

Afro-american Edwin Mieses Jr., of Lawrence, Mass. is currently paralyzed due to the stunt he pulled by attacking a SUV with a man and his family. This guy was driving his bike without a license and had been arrested recently for driving without a license. This 'black biker' has a arm-length rap-sheet with dozens of arrests and violations. Animals like this punk Edwin Mieses would have been better served if he had been locked up in the slammer, at least he would be able to move his ass.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57605949/biker-injured-in-nyc-road-rage-incident-recently-arrested-in-mass/

A motorcycle rider seriously injured when an SUV ran him over after a New York City highway altercation was recently arrested in Massachusetts for driving with a revoked license.

Edwin Mieses Jr., of Lawrence, Mass., was struck on Sunday. He broke both legs and suffered a spine injury that his family says will leave him paralyzed.

According to police and Massachusetts motor vehicle records, Mieses hasn't had a valid license or permit to drive in the state since 1999. He also never applied for a motorcycle license.

It isn't clear if he had been licensed in any other state.

He was arrested most recently on May 24 in Andover, Mass., and has had dozens of other violations.

His attorney had no comment.

Mieses' friends and family held a rally for him Wednesday evening outside of St. Luke's-Roosevelt hospital and have said that the Lawrence, Mass.-resident, known as Jay Meezee, is the true victim. Jaime Reyes said his friend was doing well, all things considered.

"Hopefully I get to see him walk again and ride again and share special moments with him again," he said. "But for right now, we're all just praying for him and thinking positive that he's going to pull through and make it through this."

His wife, Dayana Mieses, said the motorcycle riders had wrongly been vilified in the episode.

"When you look at the video, you can see he's running over something," Diana Mieses said. "It's not just a motorcycle; it's a human being that was under there."

I celebrate reading news about people who deserve punishment receiving their just punishment in this world. It shows me that sometimes Justice is done in this world.

May Edwin have a slow painful death...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Monkey Biker Paralyzed from 'road rage' incident
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 09:31:21 PM »
I would have done the same thing if my family was in danger like that by this gang of thugs. I hope the courts will see it this way. The media certainly doesn't.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »
Nothing good happens when black thugs and chinese drivers mix it up.  Chinese drivers are rude and obnoxious; they never cut you a break on the road.  But these monkeys on bikes had no right to chase after the chinamin and beat him like that.  All these monkeys on bikes should be prosecuted. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 10:12:38 PM »
Why do you call him a monkey?  :P

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 10:41:40 PM »
Why do you call him a monkey?  :P

Because they acted like monkeys... I will call it like I see it.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 01:45:19 AM »

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 01:50:15 AM »
he was a brown bag of turd.
none of those so called "bikers" were innocent.
Too bad the RR driver didn't have an M16 to test.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 03:41:58 PM »
hundreds of 911 calls BEFORE attack

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 04:59:56 PM »
I like the Jewish attitude where when evil people suffer, good people rejoice. And you can laugh and mock evil people.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 05:00:23 PM »
I hope all Bikers consider that a car can be a lethal weapon. Whenever a motorcycle comes up quickly on me I think about how I could knock him off his bike and kill him. Some bike riders are just plain crazy. I would run over any biker who braked suddenly before me. I hope they lock up these 'hollywood stuntz' idiots for a long time.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 05:06:49 PM »
I like the Jewish attitude where when evil people suffer, good people rejoice. And you can laugh and mock evil people.

Can you provide a reference to what you are talking to?

It is actually a lot more complex than you suggest. There is an idea we are NOT supposed to rejoice over the fall of the wicked, rather we should pray that the wicked will repent and cease their evil ways.

Even the one who wrote the prayer for the destruction of the enemies and heretics is also the one who wrote that we should not rejoice over the downfall of the wicked.

The only reason we have to rejoice over the downfall of the wicked is if we are joyous that the name of Hashem was magnified and raised. To do otherwise is to believe that it was due to the might of our hands and not due to Hashems divine providence.

I have posted about this many times because sometimes it seems to me that some people don't quite understand why we say the 'blessing' that Hashem will destroy the heretics. It was written by Shmuel HaKatan (the small)...

http://www.sichosinenglish.org/books/ethics/04-19.htm

Shmuel Hakatan Said: "When Your Enemy Falls, Do Not Rejoice, And When He Stumbles Let Your Heart Not Be Glad, Lest The L-Rd See, And Regard It With Displeasure, And Divert His Wrath From Him [To You]."

Shmuel Hakatan Said

It is difficult to understand why this teaching is attributed to Shmuel HaKatan; it is an exact quote of a verse in Mishlei.[56] Among the explanations offered[57] is that the verse in Mishlei refers to conflicts with regard to worldly affairs, while Shmuel HaKatan is speaking about conflicts within the realm of Torah, such as when there is a difference between two sages regarding a halachic ruling.[58] When the view of one sage prevails over that of another, he should not see it as a personal victory. Rather than focus on the fact that it was his conception that triumphed, he should feel happy that the halachah was clarified. That alone should be the source of his joy.

This teaching reflects the character of its author, Shmuel HaKatan ("Shmuel, the small"), for he was given that title because he always regarded himself humbly.[59] Although he was one of the leading Sages of his time, he applied himself to his studies modestly, without taking pride in his achievements.
(Likkutei Sichos, Vol. XIX, p. 44ff)

Alternatively, it can be explained that the verse in Mishlei is referring to a person with whom one shares personal enmity,[60] while the teaching of Shmuel HaKatan refers to a person with whom one has no personal disagreement, and who is called an enemy only because he is wicked, and therefore, "it is a mitzvah to hate him."[61]

The verse is teaching us that even when an individual's enemy is wicked, he should not rejoice in his downfall, because the satisfaction that he feels is private in nature, and is not necessarily a reflection of the joy that accompanies "the perishing of the wicked."[62]

Shmuel HaKatan teaches a further lesson. Even when one has no personal reason for rejoicing at the downfall of a wicked person, one should not feel happiness. As the Baal Shem Tov taught,[63] when a person sees a fault in a colleague, he should realize that he possesses a similar fault. Thus, were he to take pleasure in the fall of a wicked person, he would invite similar retribution upon himself.[64]

There is an intrinsic connection between this teaching and Shmuel HaKatan's own life. Shmuel HaKatan was the Sage chosen to author the blessing VeLamalshinin[65] ("Let there be no hope for the informers..."[66]) which curses non-believers. Why was this task assigned to him? Because his zealousness bore no trace of hate, but was a reflection of his unbounded love for G-d.

Notes:

56 24:17-18.
57 Machzor Vitri, Midrash Shmuel.
58 In this context, compare the prayer of R. Nechumia ben HaKanah (Berachos 28b).
59 Jerusalem Talmud, Sotah 9:13.
60 This concept is reflected by the preceding verses, which warn a wicked man "not to lie in wait against the dwelling of the righteous, nor to plunder his resting place."
61 Pesachim 113b.
62 Cf. Mishlei 11:10.
63 Meor Einayim, the beginning of Parshas Chukas. Note the explanation in Likkutei Sichos, Vol. X, p. 24.
64 See the notes to ch. 3, mishnah 16.
65 Berachos 28b.
66 Siddur Tehillat HaShem, p. 55.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 05:14:29 PM »
Let me add that it is commanded to HATE the wicked. This is different than rejoicing.

And again, if the wicked's fall is demonstration of the righteousness of Hashem then we can and should rejoice. This is why we celebrate the Holidays of Channukah and Purim, the downfall of the wicked who were the enemies of Hashems chosen people, who by the act of Hashem were redeemed.

So too the downfall of the Egyptians was joyous because the Jewish people had been oppressed for so long, the destruction of Egypt was the most vivid proof of Hashems righteous providence.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 05:21:55 PM »
For those who would like to learn more about the Pirkie Avote (Wisdom of the Fathers) of Shmuel HaKatan read the following :

http://www.torah.org/learning/pirkei-avos/ch4-24.html

What We Think about Sinners

Chapter 4, Mishna 24

By Rabbi Dovid Rosenfeld

"Shmuel (Sh-moo-ail) the Small said, 'At your enemy's fall do not rejoice, and when he stumbles let your heart not be joyous, lest the L-rd see and be displeased and turn back His anger from him [to you]' (Proverbs 24:17-18)."

This week's mishna tells us that we must not gloat over the downfall of our enemy, even if such a downfall was eminently deserved. When G-d metes out justice to the wicked, we should find it unsettling. G-d's power has been unleashed in this world; am I so deserving that it will not be directed at me?

The commentator Rabbeinu Yonah adds that there *is* a certain sense of elation we may feel. G-d's honor has been restored. Wickedness does not last forever. G-d ultimately sees to it that His enemies are punished. If He does so in this world, just a small amount of His glory has been revealed to mankind. And for that, we may rejoice.

We should not, however, rejoice over the suffering itself our enemy endures. It may be necessary and it may be 100% *right*, but it is not a source of joy. The Talmud states that when the Egyptians were drowning in the sea, the angels wanted to sing their daily song of praise to G-d, and G-d quieted them: "The creations of My hands are drowning in the sea, and you are singing song?!" (Megillah 10b). One of the most wicked and immoral nations history has produced was at last experiencing its well-deserved fate, yet G-d Himself, so to speak, experienced no pleasure in the process.

Yet at the same time the angels were silenced, Moses and Miriam led the Jewish nation in our most glorious Song of the Sea. Were we so much better? If the angels could not sing, how could we?

The answer is that we sang not as a form of gloating over our enemies, but because we had witnessed G-d's salvation. And it was more than just a salvation. We caught a glimpse -- albeit a fleeting one -- of G-d's Divine guiding Hand. In a moment of inspiration, we were able to grasp the Big Picture -- to discern G-d's slow but directed guiding Hand throughout our history. Everything had come to a head. Jewish history had unfolded before our eyes. We realized that far beyond our puny comprehension G-d had been orchestrating events all along. Hundreds of years of exile and suffering had been purposeful and a part of G-d's master plan. We recognized that G-d had been purifying us in the crucible of Egypt, slowly molding us into His nation, and preparing us for this grand and glorious moment when we would see our Creator face to face.

Singing because people, even wicked people, are drowning we could never do. Singing because G-d had revealed Himself to His nation and to the world -- such a song would reverberate throughout all the generations.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 05:26:38 PM »
Now for my opinion:

I think that these bikers deserve prosecution. They acted in a dangerous manner and threatened the lives of innocent people. Justice demands that they face punishment.

I use the name 'monkey' not as a racial slur but rather as a description of their behavior. While not all monkeys are violent, they have a very low threshold of violence and when they act violently they are destructive.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 08:19:02 PM »
Can you provide a reference to what you are talking to?

No mister wikipedia search-master, I'm not going to do extensive research for that.
I am referring to one of the statements that chaim once made. This is from memory. So its not an exact quote.
Whatever the actual source material [from the ancient sages or whatever] I just like the sound of it.
All of those polluters are evil crime committing scum. I already posted videos that THEY THEMSELVES took.
They are evil and they will burn in hell. And I will laugh when they suffer and being that you are such a versed Jew you should also laugh at the evil.

Last I hope you aren't insulted.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 08:52:38 PM »

No mister wikipedia search-master, I'm not going to do extensive research for that.
I am referring to one of the statements that chaim once made. This is from memory. So its not an exact quote.
Whatever the actual source material [from the ancient sages or whatever] I just like the sound of it.
All of those polluters are evil crime committing scum. I already posted videos that THEY THEMSELVES took.
They are evil and they will burn in hell. And I will laugh when they suffer and being that you are such a versed Jew you should also laugh at the evil.

Last I hope you aren't insulted.

I provided all the material in the posts above addressing when a Jew should rejoice in the downfall of the wicked. It is nothing to do with personal righteousness though. It is a fact that there is no Jew or non-Jew who is perfect and without sin. All sin is punishable by gehinnom, even transgressions which we don't even consider (such as Lashon Hara or not giving charity when we can). Thus we should not exceedingly gloat when an enemy falls, because as Shmuel HaKatan pointed out it will cause Hashem to examine our own deeds (and thus maybe incur punishment which otherwise would not be coming).

I am not offended by your comment, and I hope I have been able to explain what I believe is the correct view on this topic.

"There is no person on earth so righteous that he does only good and never sins" (Eccl. 7:20)

PS: I don't use wikipedia for Jewish wisdom, it is useless... I use a Kosher search engine for this.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 09:00:39 PM »
I also know Chaims view on the topic and agree with him...

He points to the episode of the Egyptians drowning in the Sea of Reeds and the joyous song which was sung by the Children of Israel. We sing this song every time we pray, it is called The Song at the Sea (Oz Yashir/Shirat HaYam), and it relates the glory observed by the Israelites when the sea spit out the dead bodies of the Egyptians for them to see (to see that their oppressors had been eliminated).

The commentaries point out that they were permitted to sing, while the angels were not permitted, because the Children of Israel had been so badly oppressed by these evil Egyptians that it was a literal manifestation of Hashems providence which caused the joy which led them to sing...

Anyway, I don't know if you care... But somebody may...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 09:05:33 PM »
Oz Yashir Moshe : The Song at the Sea http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0215.htm

1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spoke, saying: I will sing unto the LORD, for He is highly exalted; the horse and his rider hath He thrown into the sea.

2 The LORD is my strength and song, and He is become my salvation; this is my God, and I will glorify Him; my father's God, and I will exalt Him.

3 The LORD is a man of war, The LORD is His name.

4 Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath He cast into the sea, and his chosen captains are sunk in the Red Sea.

5 The deeps cover them--they went down into the depths like a stone.

6 Thy right hand, O LORD, glorious in power, Thy right hand, O LORD, dasheth in pieces the enemy.

7 And in the greatness of Thine excellency Thou overthrowest them that rise up against Thee; Thou sendest forth Thy wrath, it consumeth them as stubble

8 And with the blast of Thy nostrils the waters were piled up--the floods stood upright as a heap; the deeps were congealed in the heart of the sea.

9 The enemy said: 'I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.'

10 Thou didst blow with Thy wind, the sea covered them; they sank as lead in the mighty waters.

11 Who is like unto Thee, O LORD, among the mighty? who is like unto Thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

12 Thou stretchedst out Thy right hand--the earth swallowed them.

13 Thou in Thy love hast led the people that Thou hast redeemed; Thou hast guided them in Thy strength to Thy holy habitation.

14 The peoples have heard, they tremble; pangs have taken hold on the inhabitants of Philistia.

15 Then were the chiefs of Edom affrighted; the mighty men of Moab, trembling taketh hold upon them; all the inhabitants of Canaan are melted away.

16 Terror and dread falleth upon them; by the greatness of Thine arm they are as still as a stone; till Thy people pass over, O LORD, till the people pass over that Thou hast gotten.

17 Thou bringest them in, and plantest them in the mountain of Thine inheritance, the place, O LORD, which Thou hast made for Thee to dwell in, the sanctuary, O Lord, which Thy hands have established.

18 The LORD shall reign for ever and ever.

19 For the horses of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and the LORD brought back the waters of the sea upon them; but the children of Israel walked on dry land in the midst of the sea.

20 And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances.

21 And Miriam sang unto them: Sing ye to the LORD, for He is highly exalted: the horse and his rider hath He thrown into the sea.