Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Shalom
« on: October 04, 2013, 07:01:16 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:54:32 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Re: Devilutionists call science "heresy" if it challenges atheism
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 05:42:47 AM »
Interesting! If you could find additional backing for these ideas from neutral sources, it might help me convince some skeptics.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 05:08:40 PM »
Could you please spell it out, Dan Ben Noah, in what way, assuming that this scientific discovery is true, do you believe it helps out those with religious beliefs?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 07:35:44 PM »
Science has become a religion for some. These people make the same mistake as Idolators in that they place their faith in something created, and not the Creator. Science is like any other tool in the hands of man. Just as a tool which can be used for good, such as fire, can also be used for destruction. So too a gun is created for good purposes, and yet it is used for bad purposes. The thing called Science is actually the 'scientific principle' which involves theories, experiments, observation, and conclusions drawn using logic. It is a toolset which can be used to gain a little insight into how the natural physical world works.

It is not something which we place our trust in. Man is not perfect and his observation is not perfect either. We learn from actually scientific methods involving reproducible results and independent review. But there is nothing about evolution which is reproducible and nothing which can be proven outside of believing certain theories. I do not believe that evolution worked like the scientists believe. Although I do see the Torah discussing a progression of life from the lowest to the most developed over the span of creation.

I think science has a problem with faith because the prevailing opinion of those who 'believe' in science is that everything must be observable, everything must be measurable, everything must be corporeal otherwise it does not exist. They do not believe that anything can exist outside of our senses and thus they ignore any possible spiritual world. We know that the spiritual world is not measurable, and thus we exist on our faith.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14