Author Topic: Boycott Israel.  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Boycott Israel.
« on: October 06, 2013, 08:52:00 PM »
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Boycott Israel.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 09:17:54 PM »
I know it was just a video, but what was the pic from Oklahoma?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 09:38:13 PM »
Good stuff... I am subscribed to his YouTube channel...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 09:54:33 PM »
I know it was just a video, but what was the pic from Oklahoma?

2:55 - Israel- IsraAID sent relief to Oklahoma (and other places as well)

IsraAID Brings Relief to Victims of Oklahoma Tornado

http://unitedwithisrael.org/israaid-brings-relief-to-victims-of-oklahoma-tornado/
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 10:26:44 PM »
I know many of you are younger. 

But, I have to say this:  WHY is he acting like a gang banging black man for?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 11:02:28 PM »

You think that is what gangbanging black people do. To me it seemed he was styling towards reggae.

I think I am a bit older than you, btw..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 11:04:33 PM »
I don't think you are as old as my dad was (75) but he used to say that the Beatles was Black music...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 11:06:55 PM »
I think Reggae is much more interesting than gangsta rap. And as many of you know I am keen toward Jewish hip-hop and feel it is a valid art. I accumulated a rather large collection of popular Reggae music but eventually grew tired of the 'rastafarian' message in the music as that religion is heretical to Jewish belief (while assuming many Jewish symbols). But then there is Jewish reggae which I also consider a valid art form.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 11:38:58 PM »

He is not. He doesn't like like that here nor in general. He is just making music.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 11:57:10 PM »
I don't think it's a sin to do reggae or be a rapper. There are some legitimate and righteous Jewish and Christian rappers who have a wonderful message. Of course the vast majority of rap is negro murder music.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 12:01:09 AM »
Rap early on wasn't gangster in nature. It was more in the 90s that the whole "gangsta rap" thing caught on. The style of rap itself isn't necessarily bad. While it's not really to my taste most of the time, there were some early rap songs that were more innocent in nature.

It went bad much more recently than a genre like country music which for a very long time has had a consistent theme of promoting alcoholism. When I'm in stores where country music is playing on the intercom (which I also am not particularly fond of)  just about every song is about drinking beer, being at a bar, or taking shots of whiskey. Many of them are also about irresponsible sexual behavior such as picking up a woman at a bar and having sex with her without dating or getting married. Not that there's anything wrong with a beer or liquor now and then, but for just about every song to be about that is very unhealthy. There was a black guy once at my job who made the comment that country music is often just as dirty as rap music, it's just that they phrase it in a different way. Instead of the hos, it's country queens, and instead of the gin and juice it's beer and whiskey. Both genres also frequently mention weed.

The really frustrating thing is that then after all that degeneracy the same singer will sing some kind of Christian-themed song as if all the bar fights, alcoholism, fornicating, etc. were Christian values.

Basically any kind of popular musical genre is going to be degenerate most of the time because the world itself is degenerate and people are overall very sinful in nature.

As Muman pointed out the song in this thread seems to follow a reggae sound. This is also troublesome, especially when you look into the origins of that form of music. However people in the target audience for the video will probably relate better to that than if he were to use a more Jewish form of music.

Generally I think people should mostly embrace things from their own culture. For example I don't think it's very good if some white person makes an entire career out of rapping, etc. when they could be involved in something more native to their own cultural background. However sometimes it's ok to use different styles of music to achieve a goal.

I think this song was very well done and pointed out a lot of bad things. I wish he would have mentioned more of the horrible things that have gone on in the USA from the government to the people, like the whole MKULTRA thing, but he did bring awareness to a lot of world wide human rights abuses so that in itself is a good thing.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 12:32:25 AM »
Rap early on wasn't gangster in nature. It was more in the 90s that the whole "gangsta rap" thing caught on. The style of rap itself isn't necessarily bad. While it's not really to my taste most of the time, there were some early rap songs that were more innocent in nature.

It went bad much more recently than a genre like country music which for a very long time has had a consistent theme of promoting alcoholism. When I'm in stores where country music is playing on the intercom (which I also am not particularly fond of)  just about every song is about drinking beer, being at a bar, or taking shots of whiskey. Many of them are also about irresponsible sexual behavior such as picking up a woman at a bar and having sex with her without dating or getting married. Not that there's anything wrong with a beer or liquor now and then, but for just about every song to be about that is very unhealthy. There was a black guy once at my job who made the comment that country music is often just as dirty as rap music, it's just that they phrase it in a different way. Instead of the hos, it's country queens, and instead of the gin and juice it's beer and whiskey. Both genres also frequently mention weed.

The really frustrating thing is that then after all that degeneracy the same singer will sing some kind of Christian-themed song as if all the bar fights, alcoholism, fornicating, etc. were Christian values.

Basically any kind of popular musical genre is going to be degenerate most of the time because the world itself is degenerate and people are overall very sinful in nature.

As Muman pointed out the song in this thread seems to follow a reggae sound. This is also troublesome, especially when you look into the origins of that form of music. However people in the target audience for the video will probably relate better to that than if he were to use a more Jewish form of music.

Generally I think people should mostly embrace things from their own culture. For example I don't think it's very good if some white person makes an entire career out of rapping, etc. when they could be involved in something more native to their own cultural background. However sometimes it's ok to use different styles of music to achieve a goal.

I think this song was very well done and pointed out a lot of bad things. I wish he would have mentioned more of the horrible things that have gone on in the USA from the government to the people, like the whole MKULTRA thing, but he did bring awareness to a lot of world wide human rights abuses so that in itself is a good thing.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 12:33:00 AM »
Just shared this with my mom and step-dad and my aunt & uncle...

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 12:43:19 AM »
PS Rubystars one could argue that rap is actually a white genre that blacks ripped off. The very first rap song was "Rapture" by Blondie.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 03:10:01 AM »
PS Rubystars one could argue that rap is actually a white genre that blacks ripped off. The very first rap song was "Rapture" by Blondie.

Limericks are also a white art form which rap can trace at least some of its origin too.