Author Topic: Why are streets in Israel named for people who did absolutely nothing for Israel  (Read 1349 times)

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
For instance:
Martin Luther King
General Pierre Kenig
Abraham Lincoln
And worst of all King George

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I think there are other criteria for naming streets. For example I don't see a reason not to name a street after Louis Pasteur or Leonardo da Vinci. Contribution to humanity and science is also a merit worthy of a street name.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Waiting for rakhov Arafat and rakhov Obama to be created
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
There is a Clinton Pizza & a Putin Bar in town so anything is possible.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
There is a Clinton Pizza & a Putin Bar in town so anything is possible.

:::D    Obama's Fried Chicken
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Obama's Fried Chicken
:::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D
Free watermelon with every family size order.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Congoleeza Burger.
It's ooga booga good.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member

I heard that the Arabs named the street that Rachel's Tomb is on after Arafat. But now Rachel's Tomb is separated from the rest of Bethlehem and is Arab free so the street it is on is only a parking lot and you can only get out the same way you came in.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
There is Rechov Penis near Davidka so nothing shocks me any more

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
For instance:
Martin Luther King
General Pierre Kenig
Abraham Lincoln
And worst of all King George

There's also one named after George Washington. I guess it's the influence of American Jews.

At least King George Street is related to the History of the city. It can't be any worse than streets with Arabic names. The British and Arabs are both part of the colonial History of the city. You can say the same for Sultan Suleiman of the Ottoman Empire. The main street in the heart of the Arab neighborhood outside Damascus Gate is named after him. I find it even worse when there are streets in the Old City with Hebrew names but the English names are transliterations of the Arabic name.

Also, it's stupid that Shechem Road is written as "Nablus Road" in English.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
There is Rechov Penis near Davidka so nothing shocks me any more

Don't you mean Rechov Pines (Which is prounoucned the same way as the male sexual organ.)? Something spelled Penis in transliterated Hebrew would not sound like the male sexual organ. There is some self-hating politician with the name Ofir Pines-Paz. Sometime he doesn't use the Paz part of his name.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Its a last name. I had a teacher named Ms. Pines.

Also their is an author named  "Shlomo Pines". I had a professor (Israeli) who pronounced it as Penis.  :::D

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Its a last name. I had a teacher named Ms. Pines.

Also their is an author named  "Shlomo Pines". I had a professor (Israeli) who pronounced it as Penis.  :::D

That is how you pronounce it because it's Hebrew. If it was pronounced in Hebrew like the plural of pine trees (pines), it would be spelled pains/payns or painz/paynz.