Author Topic: Does anybody know if it is legal to bring meat products into Israel?  (Read 530 times)

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
My daughter is coming back from the US on Sunday & if it is legal I will ask her to bring me real hot dogs.
The dog food which they try to pass off as hot dogs here tastes horrible.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Does anybody know if it is legal to bring meat products into Israel?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 10:53:55 AM »
My wife tried this in the past and had it confiscated.  So, no.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 12:30:40 PM »
  I also heard sometimes its confiscated. Should could wrap it up well and try to hide it inside the luggage, it passes through sometimes. Its a risk though (worst can happen is you loose the value of it).

I had the stupid border guards or whatever in JFK stop me and confiscate an apple while they left the chocolates and candies I had.

-------

Oops, I see you want to bring INTO Israel? I think it is easier, but Israel has tastier products then in the U.S. and elsewhere. Soo why would you need some hotdogs? Also some or many of the glatt kosher hotdogs are from Israel. Soo why dont you search around to get them instead.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 01:28:29 PM »
Is this an attempt to keep the meat entering Israel kashrut or is there some other kind of motivation for these laws?

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 02:49:58 PM »
Is this an attempt to keep the meat entering Israel kashrut or is there some other kind of motivation for these laws?

Not sure but I think that all or many countries do this to each other. Especially products coming into the U.S.A. I think its precautions and other things to make sure that their isn't infections and such. As I understand its usually easy to take out of the U.S. and hard to into the U.S.

Also besides these "official" things their could also be about tariffs and about lowering competition. I saw someone being caught trying to take a chicken into the U.S. from some South American country, also someone else with packs and pacts of cigarettes being stopped, they scanned it, videotaped him and then took him someplace else. I also got "busted" in the U.S. airport because I was stupid enough not to notice an apple that was in my bag. They took it and said I can go.

-- You need to report every food you bring in to customs I guess. On the airplane they give you a paper with the foods your bringing in, you need to write everything down and its value as well.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 06:55:58 PM »
Almost every country has restrictions on importing frozen foods.and dairy. When i.come back to.the.us.from.colombia they have the same restrictions