Poll

Is the Ask JTF program too long?

Yes! That's why I don't listen to all of them
Yes... I love the show but it's difficult keeping up
No... it's perfect. I love the length exactly the way it is
No way! I wish it was longer!

Author Topic: Is Ask JTF too long?  (Read 3382 times)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Is Ask JTF too long?
« on: July 26, 2007, 09:16:52 PM »
Chaim says that the Ask JTF shows are too long, he loves doing the shows, but maybe people listining dont. So please vote and we will see and report to Chaim.

(moderators- please make a poll).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
Re: Is Ask JTF too long?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 09:31:33 PM »
I don't think Ask JTF is too long.

I love listening to Chaim.

But give the guy a break.

Expecting him to do a show longer than 2 hours each week is asking a bit much.

In the end, Chaim will decide exactly how long the show should be and how much he can do.

I'd suggest that if the amount of questions he receives each week becomes too much to deal with, that he starts selecting the inquiries he feels are most interesting or important and answer just those due to time constraints.

That being said, if he had the time to do a 4 hour show I'd be happy to listen. I find the guy fascinating.   

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 09:34:44 PM »
Interesting... I have created the poll for you.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 09:35:36 PM »
Interesting... I have created the poll for you.

thank you.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 09:36:09 PM »
i personally feel bad when chaim does a show longer than 2-2.5 hours..of course i love it, but it's better to keep him sharp and not overdoing it each week. I think 40 questions/comments should be the limit.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 09:42:07 PM »
I don't think it's too long at all. I turn it up loud and clean my house while I listen and talk back to Chaim " Yes, you are so right!!" Haha. My neighbors probably think I'm nuts :D
They may be too long for him though- I'm sure that is a long time to talk continuously. I'm surprised he doesn't lose his voice on occasion.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 11:48:05 PM »
I love the show... but sometimes I don't get a chance to listen to the whole thing at once. However I do go back several times during the day to finish the whole show. 35-40 questions should be the limit!
2:30-3:00 hrs is an equivalent to Chaim doing his own daily 1/2 hour show. It's Great!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 12:01:53 AM »
I think they aren't long enough but if they are wearing Chaim out, he needs to speak up, say so, and make no apologies for it.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 12:22:21 AM »
I wish he would do a 2 hour show every day but I know that would be too much for him but not enough for me.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 12:11:33 PM »
I don't think it's too long at all. I turn it up loud and clean my house while I listen and talk back to Chaim " Yes, you are so right!!" Haha. My neighbors probably think I'm nuts :D
They may be too long for him though- I'm sure that is a long time to talk continuously. I'm surprised he doesn't lose his voice on occasion.

That's funny. I also crank it up and clean my apartment. Since the shows have gotten so long-my place has never looked so clean!  :)
Now I'm starting to look forward to cleaning :D.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 12:25:07 PM »
Does Chaim record the show in one sitting? I don't think the shows are not too long, but if it's too much for Chaim maybe he can record the show in 1-1.5 hour installments that can be put up on the web site separately or pasted together into one long show.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 12:33:41 PM »

That's funny. I also crank it up and clean my apartment. Since the shows have gotten so long-my place has never looked so clean!  :)

Haha Yes I look forward to my cleaning as well. I've been going down the list on the achives listening to a new 3 hr show every night while cleaning- ok, so I am a cleaning nut! :D

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 01:40:12 PM »

Haha Yes I look forward to my cleaning as well. I've been going down the list on the achives listening to a new 3 hr show every night while cleaning- ok, so I am a cleaning nut! :D

Yes! I like it because it's like a physical and a mental cleaning all at once. Feels really good.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

newman

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 02:13:23 PM »

Yes! I like it because it's like a physical and a mental cleaning all at once. Feels really good.

Yes.........JTF is an enema for the mind. :laugh: :laugh:

It should be compulsary for academics and ACLU attorneys.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 02:16:13 PM »

No way... that is too funny. I, ALSO, listen to them while I am cleaning. lol

What is it about listening to JTF and cleaning?
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 02:22:10 PM »
I don't think they are long it is only a few hours out of the week, but my concern is on Chaim's behalf.  I know he is a busy guy for him to be sitting around doing 2 or 3 hours.  I love hearing it every week.  I like hearing what other people have in mind and the answers.  And if some  people can't hear it all at once they can go to the archives and hear it bit by bit.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Alexander

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 06:17:15 PM »
The show is not too long for me. I get to listen to it at work so I would not mind if it was several hours longer. It would make my day go by faster. I know that is impractical and would put a great strain on Chaim. Somewhere between 2 and 3 hours is quite alright.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 06:43:29 PM »
Chaim inspires me with his words. He says what he believes in, and does not apologize for it.  I like the length of the show now, either way I don't care, I simply enjoy listening too what he has to say.
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 06:44:30 PM »
I wish it would remain three hours long. We don't even have the JTF and Take Back America shows anymore. I don't know how we can even suggest lowering our already lowered Chaim intake.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2007, 11:54:47 PM »
G-d Willing I will lock the thread in some hours and post the results to Chaim on Ask JTF.
 to Moderaters whats the latest the Ask JTF questions and comments can be posted? (if I dont make it on time can one of the moderators post the results to Chaim, thanks in advance).

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2007, 12:10:37 AM »
Hello friends, and good day.

Unfortunately Chaim is right, the show's ARE too long not for us, but for the majority of listeners.   I believe, and I will propose, a cut off in terms of total questions allowed per week in order to keep the shows around 2 hours.   This will also help get all questions answered fully, and in detail, which I believe is more important than Chaim rushing through a bunch of questions to keep the show from running up to 3 hours plus.

With kindest regards until Shiloh comes,
Christopher
Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2007, 12:33:21 AM »
Hello friends, and good day.

Unfortunately Chaim is right, the show's ARE too long not for us, but for the majority of listeners.   I believe, and I will propose, a cut off in terms of total questions allowed per week in order to keep the shows around 2 hours.   This will also help get all questions answered fully, and in detail, which I believe is more important than Chaim rushing through a bunch of questions to keep the show from running up to 3 hours plus.

With kindest regards until Shiloh comes,
Christopher

Right. Tzvi the problem is that the people who vote in this poll are the hard-core listeners. Just the fact that they're on this thread and actually voting shows they're hardcore-so I don't think it's an accurate picture of the listening audience.