Author Topic: Why was Rabbi Kahane so reviled in the mainstream media?  (Read 2194 times)

Offline rafeli18

• Full JTFer
Why was Rabbi Kahane so reviled in the mainstream media?
« on: November 15, 2013, 09:34:14 PM »
I first started with quite a neutral view towards him, although this was some time ago. I continually read reports that defamed his very character, with allegations that he was a "racist" and an "extremist", which I have to say is tragically ironic given that the scum that make this allegations are often the most racist and anti-semitic themselves. I decided to investigate further, and ascertain whether or not this was true. I first encountered his very eloquent piece" An open letter to the world" , which to put it mildly opened my eyes to the greater context of the Middle East. The Jewish people, be they the European Azkhenazim or the Iberian Sephardim have suffered at the hands of non-Jews. Whilst, I was aware of this beforehand I didn't realise this continued on into the Israel-Paleswine conflict. People still hold disgusting views regarding Jews, and they seek to legitimize them under the guide of being Pro-Palestinian.
I was still pretty unsure about his supposed racism, so I delved deeper and watched a few of his lectures on the internet. I was shocked! He was the very opposite of a racist, he sought to protect his people from the demographic threat emanating from the Arabs who want to destroy the only sane state in the Middle East. Contrary to "popular opinion", he didn't hate Arabs at all. He was merely Pro-Jewish, above everything else. If I may paraphrase the late Rabbi. "Anyone who wishes to convert to Judaism, can do so, and will be as Jewish as Meir Kahane." These words would surely not come from someone who was an extremist. Although, I'm still unsure as to why he referred to himself in the third person. Maybe someone could enlighten me on that topic?
Why did the media want to censor and defame someone who's very core was that of protection and sanctity? I have a few opinions of my own, but I'd be interest to hear your own opinions first.
Thank G-D for Kahane!

Offline fibrogirl

• Full JTFer
Re: Why was Rabbi Kahane so reviled in the mainstream media?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 04:54:44 PM »
I have just joined so I don't know if everyone will agree with me.

I live in a left wing area near Tel Aviv.  There has been a media TV blackout on Kahane continuing to this day.

I have been told that Kahane is a racist because he wanted to get rid of democracy and wanted a Halachic state. (I don't think he wanted the Halachic dictatorship, but that was the image.)

I think what really sticks in people throats: The policy of Kach to get rid of votes for Arabs and Non Jews. Even I am bothered by his policy of taking away votes and municipal jobs from non Jews. I know some intermarried couples here in Israel, where the non Jewish party is European non Muslim or Christian European. They are nice people and pro Israel and I don't feel comfotable with that bit of Kach's policy.
Maybe that is the part that bothers others.

I agreed with what Kahane said about America and many of the things he said about Arabs.
Personally I approve of Feiglin more now, but that is just me.

Israel's internal media is notoriously left wing. Even politicians like Feiglin and the late Rechavam Zvi get very little attention while leftest politicians are glorified.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:09:21 PM by fibrogirl »

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 05:46:23 PM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                                :fist:

Because Rav Kahane ZT"L  HYD told it like it was and always explained what had to be done, something
 that wasn't popular with and apparently posed a threat to the agenda ridden, corrupt, evil mainstream
 media. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 04:47:59 PM »
I agree with Nachus... With the following insights of my own...

The gentile world is intrinsically, basically, and at root terrified of the Jewish people. Ever since the days of the patriarchs Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob the nations have looked at our advance and been in fear. We are a people of infinite ability, blessings, and the power to overcome the most difficult of challenges. The fact that we exist is a challenge of the basic ideas of the nations who do not believe in the ONE G-d of our forefathers. We should have gone extinct many, many years ago according to natural selection and the rule of 'survival of the fittest' This was one of the things our nemesis Amalekite Nazi Hitler wanted to prove to the world. He wanted to show that the G-d of the Jews would not save his people, and he would be able to dispose of this great nation because he believed we no longer had divine providence watching out for us.

When the people of Israel suffer the nations of the world take great pleasure. They want to see us fail in our mission, to turn our backs against the G-d of mercy who has sustained us. When Israel prospers the nations of the world feel great pain. They realize that the Jews are a special nation and they feel inadequate, and desire our annihilation.

The mainstream media is a champion of every immoral act known to man. They have no morals other than to sell the most 'product' to the most people for the most money. They appeal to the masses, not to the moral concepts of right and wrong. Thus they are the enemies of the Jewish people just as much as the terrorist. They are working in lock-step with the forces which seek our destruction.

Rabbi Kahane expressed some of these ideas. I am trying to 'flesh them out' a little here...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14