Poll

Which country is more hostile to the Jewish people?

Hungary
8 (57.1%)
Romania
1 (7.1%)
Both
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Hungary or Romania?  (Read 3280 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Hungary or Romania?
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 03:49:16 PM »
Your correct in the sense that in the "recognized territory of Romania" at that time that most of the massacres didn't happen specifically within Romanias borders, but there were massacres such as the Iași pogrom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ia%C8%99i_pogrom and the bucharest pogrom which left about 13,266 Jews dead. That is still a significant number of Jews in Romanias borders, outside Romanias borders in what was territory of Ukraine is where most of the murders happened and were committed by the Nazi government that was in charge of Romania at that time. That resulted in Jews being deported to Transistria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria_Governorate#The_Holocaust_in_Transnistria_under_Romanian_occupation). According to the Wiesel Commission report released by the Romanian government in 2004, the Nazi government in Romania at that time murdered in various forms, between 280,000 to 380,000 Jews in Romania and in the war zone of Bessarabia, Bukovina and Transnistria.

This is a pogrom that happened where rogue Romanian military at the time attacked Jewish units who were also in the Romanian military, the government says they did not endorse it but it doesn't sound like the attackers were ever punished either.

Dorohoi pogrom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorohoi_pogrom

Before World War 2 started, because of the agreement between Germany and the Soviet Union, Romania was allied with Nazi Germany and was required to give up territory to the Russian Empire and so they lost Bessarabia, Bukovina and part of Transylvania, the Jews living in those areas were still Romanian.
I already mentioned before that the Romanians have committed genocide against Jews in parts of the territory they controlled during WWII. I said I was not aware of any pogroms before the war.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 05:28:28 PM »
I suppose Romania still is dealing with it's problem of Jew hatred. In the news today...

In Romania nothing spells Christmas like some good old fashioned Jew hatred, deck the halls Y'all!

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/175060#.UqjmPUnsg8g

Romanian Television Station Airs Anti-Semitic Christmas Carol

A Romanian television station is under fire after broadcasting an anti-Semitic Christmas Carol performance earlier in December, according to United Press International.

The state-operated TVR3 Verde, a channel directed to rural communities, began broadcasting December 3 with a program that included a Christmas carol with anti-Semitic lyrics.

The Jewish Telegraphic Agency revealed the horrific lyrics Wednesday, which include the statements, "The kikes, damn kikes, Holy God would not leave the kike alive, neither in heaven nor on earth, only in the chimney as smoke, this is what the kike is good for, to make kike smoke through the chimney on the street.”

TVR3 insisted in a public statement it did not choose the song, but rather simply broadcast what was given to them by the Center for Preservation and Promotion of Traditional Culture, a local cultural organization based in Eastern Romania. The statement referred to the song as "an uninspired choice."

MCA Romania, a local watchdog group, said it wrote a letter of complaint to Romanian President Traian Basecu and to Prime Minister Victor Viorel Ponta.

"It is outrageous that none in the audience took a stance against the anti-Semitic Christmas carol that incites to burn the Jews," the letter stated. It added that it was "absolutely unacceptable that TVR3 tried to deny responsibility" by blaming the cultural group.

The move is another strike by Romania, after talks with Israel soured on Tuesday over the country's refusal to allow its workers to operate in Judea and Samaria. The development followed months of work between the Foreign Ministries of the respective nations over the agreement.

This is not the first time Romanian television has broadcasted anti-Semitic statements on a national scale. In 2012, a Romanian member of the European Parliament denied the Holocaust on national television.

"There was never a Holocaust in Romania," EP Corneliu Vadim Tudor stated. "I will deny it until I die because I love my people."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 07:16:04 PM »
I am sorry to hear this...we had been robbed in that country once and it was only bad experience..aside of that I found ordinary people there to be very religious and good...
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,