Author Topic: Ukraine - Dont Blame Jews For The Toxic Fumes.  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Ukraine - Dont Blame Jews For The Toxic Fumes.
« on: July 29, 2007, 12:47:41 AM »

Ukraine - A Ukrainian Jewish lawmaker is warning against turning a poisonous chemical spill in western Ukraine into an opportunity for anti-Semitic slurs.

Alexander Feldman blamed "some politicians and journalists” for fanning “anti-Semitic hysteria” by referring to the Jewish ethnicity of the alleged owners of the highly toxic yellow phosphorus material that spilled last week when a freight train carrying it from Kazakhstan to Poland derailed near Lvov.

Some Ukrainian politicians and media outlets claimed the cargo belonged to Jewish businessmen from Kazakhstan and Israel, notably referring to them as “Jews." Originally, official sources announced that the train that caused the accident belonged to a Kazakh company, leading some Ukrainian newspapers to conclude that the toxic cargo belonged to Israeli business moguls Lev Leviev and Arkady Gaydamak. But a later statement released by Nestor Shufrich, Ukraine's minister for emergencies, said the cargo in fact belonged to a Dutch company.

Hundreds of Ukrainians, including Jews, have been evacuated from nearby homes. Nearly 150 are being treated for inhaling the toxic fumes released in the spill.[jta]

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

newman

Re: Ukraine - Dont Blame Jews For The Toxic Fumes.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 12:59:21 AM »
The Ukrainians are the worst anti-semites in Europe. I hope they choke on the stuff.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 06:27:28 AM »
Dear, dear mother Ukraine! Nothing has changed since I've left you.

You are right, Newman. Ukrainians are possibly the worst antisemites in the world. They might share this dubious honor with Poles and Balts. I wouldn't know for sure, because my antisemite-meter haqs maxed out.

A couple of years ago, there was a bog controversy about the so-called "orange revolution." The US supported the Ukrainian nationalists, who won. It was a very regrettable choice because they ran their campaign on antisemitic slogans, which was not reported in the Western media.

newman

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 06:30:45 AM »
Dear, dear mother Ukraine! Nothing has changed since I've left you.

You are right, Newman. Ukrainians are possibly the worst antisemites in the world. They might share this dubious honor with Poles and Balts. I wouldn't know for sure, because my antisemite-meter haqs maxed out.

A couple of years ago, there was a bog controversy about the so-called "orange revolution." The US supported the Ukrainian nationalists, who won. It was a very regrettable choice because they ran their campaign on antisemitic slogans, which was not reported in the Western media.

Masha, In all the books I read about the holocaust, they say the same thing..........

The germans were bad, the polaks were worse but the ukranians were the worst of all.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 06:37:44 AM »
Wow, the fact that this mentality is still around in the Ukraine amazes me somewhat, although it shouldn't.  Is it really so important that the cargo spill be blamed on Jews?  Isn't it good enough to blame it on the rightful owners of the stuff?  I mean what do they have to gain from this?   Any of those who still remain in the Ukraine need to get the F out.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 06:39:01 AM »
Wow, the fact that this mentality is still around in the Ukraine amazes me somewhat, although it shouldn't.  Is it really so important that the cargo spill be blamed on Jews?  Isn't it good enough to blame it on the rightful owners of the stuff?  I mean what do they have to gain from this?   Any of those who still remain in the Ukraine need to get the F out.

It's like a script from Borat

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 06:48:50 AM »
The germans were bad, the polaks were worse but the ukranians were the worst of all.

Especially the West Ukrainians. They are almost a nation into their own. They are very hateful people. I don't know what made them this way - if it was their history, or what... But this is a fact: they are hateful, resentful people, who think that the whole world owes them for something. Not only did they exterminate the Jews on their territory during the war (more eagerly than the Germans themselves), but they also killed the Polish minority. It's not a very know fact. They went into the Polish villages and killed everyone they found - women, children, and old people. It's not that I sympathize with the Poles that much, for obvious reasons. This is just an example of their hatefulness.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 06:50:52 AM »
Is it really so important that the cargo spill be blamed on Jews?  Isn't it good enough to blame it on the rightful owners of the stuff? 

It is important if you want to prove the Jewish conspiracy to take over the world.

newman

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 06:51:37 AM »

Especially the West Ukrainians. They are almost a nation into their own. They are very hateful people. I don't know what made them this way - if it was their history, or what... But this is a fact: they are hateful, resentful people, who think that the whole world owes them for something. Not only did they exterminate the Jews on their territory during the war (more eagerly than the Germans themselves), but they also killed the Polish minority. It's not a very know fact. They went into the Polish villages and killed everyone they found - women, children, and old people. It's not that I sympathize with the Poles that much, for obvious reasons. This is just an example of their hatefulness.

Are they russian orthodox? Is it the religion to blame?

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 07:05:26 AM »

Are they russian orthodox? Is it the religion to blame?

I don't have the statistics. I'm guessing that the largest percentage of West Ukraininas are Eastern Orthodox, and a smaller number (20%? - no idea) is the so-called Greek-Catholics (Orthodox lithurgy, but subordinate to the Pope). There is a small percentage of Catholics as well. East Ukrainians are predominantly Eastern Orthodox. I don't think that the religion itself explains a lot. Eastern-Orthodox Church in Russia and Ukraine is an antisemitic institution - there is no question about it. But I am talking about the practice, not the doctrine. I simply don't know enough about the doctrine to accuse it of antisemitism. I know personally some Russian Orthodox people who are very pro-Israel. But they are a small minority. Somehow the anti-Israel stance and a strong adherence to the Eastern Orthodox religion (the Russian and Ukrainian version - I'm definitely not talking about the American Orthodox) go hand in hand.

newman

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 07:14:28 AM »
As bad as anti-semitism has been in the west it has always been wore in eastern europe. Maybe they're more superstitious or something. Poles still believe in warewolves! Eastern Europe is no place for Jews, that's for sure.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 08:13:40 AM »
Western Ukraine is much more anti semitic i think it's due to catholics
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 08:18:36 AM »

orthodox are bastards too.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 08:27:58 AM »

orthodox are bastards too.
True
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03