Author Topic: Foreign Aid To Israel  (Read 10384 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Foreign Aid To Israel
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 11:10:26 PM »
I don't think Israel or any country should get foreign aid. Israel is already an economic powerhouse, or would be if America would stop treating it like its little colony. Jewish brainpower and technological skill and entrepreneurial talent is the best in the world. If Israel were not worn down by decades of war and intifada and had leaders who believed in a free market she would be the wealthiest country on earth, and not just per capita.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 02:23:20 AM »
I don't think Israel or any country should get foreign aid. Israel is already an economic powerhouse, or would be if America would stop treating it like its little colony. Jewish brainpower and technological skill and entrepreneurial talent is the best in the world. If Israel were not worn down by decades of war and intifada and had leaders who believed in a free market she would be the wealthiest country on earth, and not just per capita.

What about donations from non-government organizations like the UJC?

Offline SSN

• Junior JTFer
  • STRENGTH AND HONOR
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 06:49:57 AM »
SSN , how are you ?

Sorry people, I had a FR moment.

LOL mosquewatch i love lolcats.

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
  • "Lo ta'amod al dam re'echa"
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 06:58:15 AM »
It's quite simple. Any money given to Israel will be with the expectation of some kind of return for the giver of said money. This means that the US will have influence over Israel if we continue to allow her to receive "aid" from the US. In addition, the US may in return want Israel to do something dangerous to its wellbeing, such as giving back land so that the Arabs will be happy with America  since America is not in the least concerned with the well-being of Israel. Also, we do not want American leftists controlling Israel - we have enough liberals in the Knesset as it is.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? if I am for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? - Hillel, Pirkei Avos

Offline Taren

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 09:00:38 AM »
It's quite simple. Any money given to Israel will be with the expectation of some kind of return for the giver of said money. This means that the US will have influence over Israel if we continue to allow her to receive "aid" from the US. In addition, the US may in return want Israel to do something dangerous to its wellbeing, such as giving back land so that the Arabs will be happy with America  since America is not in the least concerned with the well-being of Israel. Also, we do not want American leftists controlling Israel - we have enough liberals in the Knesset as it is.

You keep speaking "we", youre talking as if youre an Israeli, can i speak as an American or British? "we", phh another side effect of the diaspora...

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
  • "Lo ta'amod al dam re'echa"
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 09:02:36 AM »

You keep speaking "we", youre talking as if youre an Israeli, can i speak as an American or British? "we", phh another side effect of the diaspora...

Let's not start that annoying discussion again..I told you before, I consider myself Israeli because I'm a Jew, living there is a dream of mine, but I can do more for israel than you, since I actually do mitzvos, as I said before.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? if I am for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? - Hillel, Pirkei Avos

Offline SSN

• Junior JTFer
  • STRENGTH AND HONOR
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 09:05:57 AM »

Let's not start that annoying discussion again..I told you before, I consider myself Israeli because I'm a Jew, living there is a dream of mine, but I can do more for israel than you, since I actually do mitzvos, as I said before.

at least he sits far away and cant actually change a thing here, hes a harmless wittle wabbit, let him consider himself israeli, we all know hes a pathetic excuse for a jew, and more accurately, a pathetic excuse of a human being.

Offline Taren

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2007, 09:07:48 AM »

at least he sits far away and cant actually change a thing here, hes a harmless wittle wabbit, let him consider himself israeli, we all know hes a pathetic excuse for a jew, and more accurately, a pathetic excuse of a human being.

Well if it makes it easier to sleep at night for him...
I consider myself a Bulgarian and a South African ;D.

Offline SSN

• Junior JTFer
  • STRENGTH AND HONOR
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2007, 09:12:54 AM »
oooh oooh! i want to be jamaican mon!

newman

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2007, 10:51:27 AM »
Getting back on topic......why does a productive, clever, 1st world country like Israel need foreign aid?

Secondly, why have something that has proven detremental to Israel's own aircraft and armament industries?

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2007, 06:51:01 PM »
Getting back on topic......why does a productive, clever, 1st world country like Israel need foreign aid?

Secondly, why have something that has proven detremental to Israel's own aircraft and armament industries?

I don't understand this. Newman,  How can  loaning Israel money to build up its Military be a bad thing ? I'm just not processing the information brought to me properly I guess. Help me out, so that I can see this point more clearly please ?

Jeff
No peace, without FREEDOM.

newman

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2007, 07:13:10 PM »

I don't understand this. Newman,  How can  loaning Israel money to build up its Military be a bad thing ? I'm just not processing the information brought to me properly I guess. Help me out, so that I can see this point more clearly please ?

Jeff

The 3 bill per year isn't a blank cheque. It's credits that must be spent on US armaments. Because of that, Israel uses the less-than-totally-reliable M16 instead of manufacturing it's own excellent Galil AR. It buys cheap F-16s instead of continuing to develope and build the better IAI Kafir.......you see? This aid has been more harm than good in the long term. It also makes Israel beholden to the US Gov't as well as making Israel dependent on spare parts from the US that the US can withold if it wants to pressure Israel. All up.......a bad idea.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2007, 07:48:36 PM »
Quote : "The 3 bill per year isn't a blank cheque. It's credits that must be spent on US armaments."

I did not realize this point at all. I was under the impression , by ignorance, that the money that was loaned to Israel was theirs to do with as they choose. If the USA is forcing Israel to buy our weapons,     

that is wrong.

If I'm not mistaken the Israelis invented a gun that has a video screen on it, and can actually bend around a corner, so the soldier does not have to be in the line of fire. IMHO, the Israelis have weaponry and security locked down. They of all people understand the enemy.

I guess it's my heart getting in the way of logic and reason. I can't help it on the Israeli issue. You swayed me a bit on the ending the foreign aid to Israel a bit Newman. Thanks for the post.

Jeff

newman

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 07:54:14 PM »
It's probably an over simplification, MW but that's the effect of it. Meir Kahane (ZT'L) was against the aid for the reasons I outlined.

I never argue with a giant like Rabbi Kahane.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2007, 08:13:33 PM »
Then why do the muslims ask that America stop funding Israel, are they that ignorant ?

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2007, 08:15:27 PM »
Bad question, never mind lol. That was a stupid post of me lololol. Newman feel free to have as much fun with my most insane post on JTF . I'll  never live this one down..... :)

newman

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2007, 08:39:44 PM »
Then why do the muslims ask that America stop funding Israel, are they that ignorant ?

There's so many possibilities there but I aint got the heart, MW. ;)

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2007, 08:48:18 PM »
No heart ? No heart. All hollow......

LMBO NEWMAN THIS IS FOR YOU ! :)

Your infidel buddy.

raiseyourfist

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2007, 12:36:24 AM »
What Chaim was basically saying was that with the money Israel receives certain expectations are required for them to uphold and treat arab muslim nazis as equals..

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2007, 06:24:22 AM »
Unfortunately, Olmert has accepted a new aid package which consists of a vast increase.