Author Topic: The JTF Hebrew Club  (Read 36709 times)

newman

Re: The JTF Hebrew Club
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2007, 10:39:29 PM »
What is the Hebrew expression they use to describe how screwed up the situation in Israel is? It means upside down and upside down again.

That should be "Hafuch al hafuch". :)
Thanks.

That's easy to remember 'coz it sounds like 'how f---ed and how f---ed!'
 :laugh: :laugh:

Right! :D :D

I'm forced to mutter that (and worse! ) every time I listen to Arutz Sheva and hear the latest erev rav madness from the knesset! :(

Yeah, I've been swallowing their craps for years. What can I say.. Bunch of completely insane people..

I don't know how you Israelis cope with it all. Just having to hear those muslim animals screeching through the loudspeakers at the Kotel would send me into a phsycotic, 3D, technicolour, medievel rampage.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2007, 10:51:43 PM »
Wow watching our Israeli members translate all the Hebrew really makes me want to learn it now. I think we really have to have a organized JTF Ulpan here in NYC. Sort of like when a bunch of high school kids organize and get a driving school to give them drivers ed. We need to get this organized and get the hebrew classes rolling.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Gam Bashan veGam Gilad

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
  • Avi Farhan – One Day, Brothers, We Shall Be Back!
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2007, 12:03:33 AM »
What is the Hebrew expression they use to describe how screwed up the situation in Israel is? It means upside down and upside down again.

Thanks.

I'm forced to mutter that (and worse! ) every time I listen to Arutz Sheva and hear the latest erev rav madness from the knesset! :(

Yeah, I've been swallowing their craps for years. What can I say.. Bunch of completely insane people..

I don't know how you Israelis cope with it all. Just having to hear those muslim animals screeching through the loudspeakers at the Kotel would send me into a phsycotic, 3D, technicolour, medievel rampage.

Brainwashing, brainwashing and brainwashing again. We are taught to love and feel compassion towards the Arab Muslim nazis since day one. According to the media – we are the bad guy, Israeli army is an "occupation army" that takes over "Pal@stinian" territories, Israeli pioneers are shown as "land robers" and anti-democrats, the Supreme Court is protecting the Arab killers making us afraid to even dare to defend ourselves, we have enemy-agent traitors in the Knesset (!) who want to destroy us, whom the media welcomes with great respect and honor in each station and channel, and of course,- we are always to blame, we descriminate, we oppress, we abuse..

The outcome of all this is naturally a whole disordered people with self-destructive tendencies, mental problems, twisted minds and a very hard state of stupidity,- causing them to feel guilty, humiliated and ashamed on every bit.

newman

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2007, 12:14:49 AM »
Israel needs a Kahanist government OR Messiach..........and FAST!

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2007, 12:17:34 AM »

You got that right !! And the sooner –
tha' better! :D

newman

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2007, 12:25:58 AM »

Want I won't give to see Israel's enemies' eyes burn up in their skulls as per prophesy!......Man that thought gives me warm, gooey feelings!

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2007, 12:32:49 AM »

Want I won't give to see Israel's enemies' eyes burn up in their skulls as per prophesy!......Man that thought gives me warm, gooey feelings!

I share your sentiments! ;)

newman

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2007, 12:37:50 AM »

Could you save me some rubble for the al aqsa pig stuy? I have a fiend who needs something to tile her outhouse with.

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2007, 05:40:06 AM »

Could you save me some rubble for the al aqsa pig stuy? I have a fiend who needs something to tile her outhouse with.

I wouldn't use it in any way or any place, believe me.. ;)

Offline whywhywhy

• Full JTFer
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2007, 03:26:15 PM »
I'm level four. Today I learned that efetz means zero because I had to give a number to someone in Hebrew. Here is my hebrew lesson to everybody for today.

0 - Efetz
1 - Echad
2 - Shtyim
3 - Shalosh
4 - Arbah
5 - Chamaish
6 - Shaysh
7 - Sheva
8 - Shmonah
9 - Taisha
10 -  Eser
Start with the Hebrew letters

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2007, 04:01:47 PM »

Thanks.

Brainwashing, brainwashing and brainwashing again. We are taught to love and feel compassion towards the Arab Muslim nazis since day one. According to the media – we are the bad guy, Israeli army is an "occupation army" that takes over "Pal@stinian" territories, Israeli pioneers are shown as "land robers" and anti-democrats, the Supreme Court is protecting the Arab killers making us afraid to even dare to defend ourselves, we have enemy-agent traitors in the Knesset (!) who want to destroy us, whom the media welcomes with great respect and honor in each station and channel, and of course,- we are always to blame, we descriminate, we oppress, we abuse..

The outcome of all this is naturally a whole disordered people with self-destructive tendencies, mental problems, twisted minds and a very hard state of stupidity,- causing them to feel guilty, humiliated and ashamed on every bit.

Oh I get it now.  You mean like white people in the US.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2007, 07:05:31 PM »
I'm level four. Today I learned that efetz means zero because I had to give a number to someone in Hebrew. Here is my hebrew lesson to everybody for today.

0 - Efetz
1 - Echad
2 - Shtyim
3 - Shalosh
4 - Arbah
5 - Chamaish
6 - Shaysh
7 - Sheva
8 - Shmonah
9 - Taisha
10 -  Eser
Start with the Hebrew letters

hhmmm..OK
Alef-A
Beit-B
Gimel-G
Dalet-D
Hey-H
Vav-V
Zayin-Z
Chet-Ch
Tet-T
Yud-Y
Chaf-Ch, K, C
Lamed-L
Mem-M
Nun-N
Samech-S, C (c with e = ce)
Ain-A (But with a diffrent pronounce)
Pey-P
Tzadi-Tz (Some people call the letter Tzadik because the next letter is Kuf - K)
Kuf-K, C
Reish-R
Shin-SH
Tav-T

« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 10:52:56 PM by Dexter »
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2007, 11:38:00 PM »
Can we organize a jtf ulpan in NYC for all the jtf members on here that want to attend? I feel that is my only way of learning hebrew. If we get enough people interested, we could find a teacher and it would cost less as well. I hope their is a good response to this.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2007, 03:43:45 PM »
I'm making a flash game to learn Hebrew, i'm copy and pasting Hebrew Phrases and their meanings from websites and you have to match and create your own sentences. I'll hopfully finish it in about 2 weeks, with loads of different levels.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2007, 03:08:20 AM »
That is great Sarah. I can't believe how righteous you are considering your circumstances and the fact that you are literally risking your life talking to us. I hope you are freed from the shackles of Islamic life soon and that you will be free to live life the way you wish. I know how hard your situation is, the fact that if your parents get mad at you they could kill you. One of my neighbors are a jewish, super anti religious family. They have a few kids and 2 of the sons have recently become very religious. They have grown payis and they are very into learning torah and stuff. The parents are totally horrified and are not happy with their sons but they still love their children no matter what. Even though they are upset that they became religious, they will always love and do whatever they can to help their children. I think their is no reason to be upset if someone becomes a religious jew but that is not the point here. In an Islamic family, if the daughter dates a man the family doesn't approve of, she is killed. I really hope you leave your parents sarah.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2007, 04:43:41 AM »
The thing is I love my parents as well.

What are payis? :)

newman

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2007, 07:30:23 AM »

We know you love your folks, little one. That's what makes it so hard for you. :)

Payis are the long sidelocks or earlocks seen on some orthodox Jewish men. There is a mitzvah about not marring the sides of their beards.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2007, 08:51:28 AM »

We know you love your folks, little one. That's what makes it so hard for you. :)

Payis are the long sidelocks or earlocks seen on some orthodox Jewish men. There is a mitzvah about not marring the sides of their beards.

Oh, yes, i didn't realise that was what you called them. A few years back, i asked the Islamic studies teacher at our school, why orthodox Jewish men had the sidelocks and she told me that it was a belief that they would lifted up to heaven by them and the payis would unlock the doors? Is this true? :)

newman

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2007, 08:57:12 AM »

Oh, yes, i didn't realise that was what you called them. A few years back, i asked the Islamic studies teacher at our school, why orthodox Jewish men had the sidelocks and she told me that it was a belief that they would lifted up to heaven by them and the payis would unlock the doors? Is this true? :)

Need a learned Jew for that one.

I've heard of grabbing someone by the 'bollocks', but never the 'sidelocks'!  :laugh:

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2007, 08:58:04 AM »

Need a learned Jew for that one.

I've heard of grabbing someone by the 'bollocks', but never the 'sidelocks'!  :laugh:

Lol its probably just as painful!

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2007, 06:36:29 AM »
I'm using Rosetta Stone for Hebrew but it's helping a bit.

Offline Yogy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2007, 03:55:26 AM »
I've started to post Hebrew language lessons for beginners on the European JTF Weblog!
http://jtfblog.wordpress.com/2007/12/21/hebrew-lesson-1/
Beginners can learn first, than come to the Forum at the Hebrew Club and ask more knowledgeable members.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2007, 03:24:49 PM »
I've started to post Hebrew language lessons for beginners on the European JTF Weblog!
http://jtfblog.wordpress.com/2007/12/21/hebrew-lesson-1/
Beginners can learn first, than come to the Forum at the Hebrew Club and ask more knowledgeable members.

good idea O0

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2007, 03:50:56 AM »
I hope that video of the Pimsleur program is not your's since their programs are copyrighted and they will go after you for posting them online. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Yogy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2007, 12:37:28 AM »
I hope that video of the Pimsleur program is not your's since their programs are copyrighted and they will go after you for posting them online. 

Someone had posted them on a Romanian version of YouTube.
They are not that formal about copyrights there.

In the meantime, you can listen to lessons 2 and 3 now.