Author Topic: Meotti on Sharons Legacy  (Read 456 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Meotti on Sharons Legacy
« on: January 17, 2014, 04:59:32 PM »
As I wrote last week, Sharons main legacy is the brutal expulsion of 10s of thousands of Jews...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/14401#.Utmm1XXTnq4

Sorry, I Don't Feel Pity for Sharon

Now that the media hype has subsided, let us remember that Ariel Sharon's legacy is one of brutality and indifference towards 10,000 innocent and peaceful Israeli citizens.
From Giulio Meotti

In total, 2,530 Jewish homes were demolished in Gush Katif. This is Ariel Sharon’s only legacy. That is why I don’t feel compassion for him.

Human compassion is one thing, but political and moral judgement must be one of harsh condemnation for Ariel Sharon, the man who forcibly ethnically cleansed almost 10,000 Jews living peacefully on their land and made them jobless and homeless.

Israel is different from the rest of the world. Because Israel is the only country in the world which destroys its own cities and towns. Ariel Sharon made it possible.

In all other states, the expulsion of a demographic group is referred to as “ethnic cleansing” and its perpetrators are punished for committing crimes against humanity. Ariel Sharon made it possible.

In all other states, the notion of clearing a area of Jews (Jüdenrein) is condemned as anti-Semitic. Ariel Sharon made it possible.

In Gush Katif, Ariel Sharon erased from the pages of history 400 farms, 42 daycare centers, 36 kindergartens, 7 elementary schools, 3 high schools, an industrial center, 18 mikvaot, 18 synagogues, and community centers, swimming pools, youth clubs, libraries, military-Torah institutions and dozens of cottage industries.

If the Jordan Valley’s Jewish communities, the gate to Israel, are now in danger; if the Shechem “settlements” will be left outside the Israeli borders, it is because Ariel Sharon made it possible by destroying Gush Katif first.

Ariel Sharon was responsible for the tears of Hannah Barat, who was holding her daughter Hodiya in her lap when she was paralyzed in a terror attack in 2002. Hodiya’s father, Eliezer, was driving. Hannah felt the bullet go through her shoulder and saw Hodiya bleeding. She has kept her daughter’s bloodstained sweater. “Whoever drives me away from here will remember for the rest of his life what he has done,” Hannah said before she was evacuated from Gush Katif. “The soldier who drags me away from this house will never forgive himself for having displaced an invalid, for having forced me and my children to live in a prefabricated home. Whoever looks us in the eyes will not forget our expression, he will not forget our suffering, and one day he will curse those who made him do it”. Ariel Sharon made it possible.

In Gush Katif, Ariel Sharon exhumed the grave of a woman who had survived Auschwitz. Her daughter said goodbye to the land that she had loved and defended while clinging to the tragic dream of being Jewish in a sea of Arabs. There was the grave of Elkana Gubi, who believed in the right of the Jews to live in Gaza. His grandfather was a Holocaust survivor, the only one left of his family.

And there were the graves of Tali Hatuel and her young daughters, Hila, Merav, Hadar, and Roni. Shortly before they were killed, the girls had written to their father, David, who was protesting in Jerusalem on behalf of the Jewish communities of Gaza: “Daddy, we are proud of what you are doing to save the house we were born in”.

Ariel Sharon destroyed their precious home and endangered the future of the Jewish people. That is why he won’t be forgiven for what he did.

If the Jewish people, God forbid, one day will be expelled and deported again from their land and houses, it will be also because of Ariel Sharon.

All the rest are empty words - good for filling the newspapers.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Re: Meotti on Sharons Legacy
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 01:33:47 AM »
It's a real shame and a pity.  What a legacy Sharon would have had if had stood up and said, "This is our land and NO ONE WILL PUSH US OUT!"  He caved and betrayed his people.  He seemed to be a strong man, but in this he was very weak. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Meotti on Sharons Legacy
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 02:59:35 AM »
It's a shame that this Gentile has more sense and ability to call a spade a spade than 99% of so-called right-wing religious Zionists, including most professing Kahanists.