Author Topic: Pope Poised to Publish Pope Pious's Papers from WWII  (Read 367 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Pope Poised to Publish Pope Pious's Papers from WWII
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:10:41 PM »
In a move aimed to ease Jewish-Roman Catholic ties the Pope has tentatively agreed to open the secret archives of the former Pope during the Holocaust, Pope Pious the XII. These records may reveal whether this pope did anything to help the Jewish people in Italy during the persecution of Jews during the expansion of Nazism.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Pope Poised to Publish Pope Pious's Papers from WWII
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 03:52:01 AM »
I think the church knows that there are records there that will show that he did a bit more than is widely known by most people... Then again I am sure that the records will show the church was also dealing with Nazi Germany... Hitler made it quite clear to the clergy in his occupied countries that he would only tolerate so much and that after the war if Germany won it would be a far different picture... Still and all from what I have read over the years showed that the Italian government did very little to deport it's Jewish population... It was only after the government collapsed and Germany had full control of Italy that deportation of Italian Jews was stepped up... Pious was not a popular pope even for most Catholics... In my opinion I tend to believe he may have been painted with a worse brush than he actually deserved... I think it's good that the Church actually is going to open the books on this issue.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years