Author Topic: JPost interviews Marzel  (Read 3588 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
JPost interviews Marzel
« on: August 23, 2007, 04:00:13 PM »
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1187779146718&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull   

Baruch Marzel: Fatah government can be bought off with money
By TALIA DEKEL
Print Subscribe 
E-mail Toolbar 

In a rare interview with Palestinian news agency Ma'an published late Wednesday, former Kach member Baruch Marzel called Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas's government a group able to be bought off with money and said he would not hesitate to kill the chairman if need be.

Baruch Marzel and Itamar Ben Gvir (left) look at a book by the late Rabbi Meir Kahane.
Photo: Ariel Jerozolimski [file]

"I do not like him [Abbas], and if I had to, I would assassinate him. But at present he is not fighting us. The moment [his government] begins to fight us, they will be just like Hamas.

Marzel noted that he thought Hamas was a "problematic force," because of its deep religious beliefs. Abbas's Fatah party, however, could easily be bribed and therefore posed a lesser threat to Israel.

Marzel, a resident of Hebron since 1984, told his Ma'an interviewer that Hebron's Jewish community would only grow, adding that 10 additional families would join the settlement. "Sooner or later there will be great emigration of Palestinians and more Jews will come, and this is a positive direction," claimed Marzel.

"We estimate that the number of Arabs that will leave is approximately 40,000. In all of Judea and Samaria [Palestinians are] leaving and in the end there will be no Palestinian state. There will be two million Jews in Judea and Samaria, and we will remove those that refuse to fight with us," said Marzel.

Asked whether he thought the 1929 Pogrom in Hebron - during which 67 Jews were massacred - could repeat itself, Marzel said that the Jewish community was preparing for such an event and that it had stocked up with arms and was training.

Marzel cited terror attacks and attempted terror attacks against the Jews of Hebron after his interviewer mentioned that relations between Palestinians and Jews in the West Bank city had calmed over the last year. "There were attempted stabbings, explosive devices thrown and shots fired in the area. The situation at present is not calm."

Marzel also accused international forces deployed in the area of paying Palestinians to complain against the town's Jews. "For one hundred dollars they [Palestinians] are prepared to say that their mother was killed… every week their mother is killed. We are not prepared to be the ones who are suffering. You invited Christians and missionaries who are trying to bring Christianity into Hebron." He said.

Asked what the Jews of Hebron would do if forced to leave, Marzel claimed that they were there to stay, and would fight to do so. According to Marzel, Palestinians did not want the Jews to leave as "they have seen what life is like in places that [Israeli-Jews] have left, referring to post-disengagement Gaza.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: JPost interviews Marzel
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 06:05:37 PM »
Can you believe marzel said that fatah is not fighting Israel?
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 06:10:33 PM »
maybe he has a method to his madness
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 06:11:51 PM »
Marzel is a traitor. Flat out.

I thought Marzel was one of ours ???

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 07:00:58 AM »
Heres another article people are calling him traitor

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/123474

Hevron's Marzel Tells Kuwait TV Why Disengagement Was Good

by Hillel Fendel

(IsraelNN.com) Hevron activist Baruch Marzel, interviewed on Kuwait's television station, explained why the Disengagement was good and why a PA state won't be formed.

Marzel, a leading member of the currently-outlawed Kach organization, and the Kuwaiti TV station recently came to a surprising agreement to speak to one another.  A resident of Jewish Hevron with his wife and nine children for over two decades, Marzel explained to the NRG-Maariv website why he agreed to the interview:  "I don't see that BBC has any fewer anti-Semites than the Kuwaiti television - and even on the Israeli channels there is great anti-Semitism..."

Marzel explained why he now views the expulsion/withdrawal from Gaza - which he strongly opposed and worked against - in a positive light: "This was Ariel Sharon's plan to clean out the whole Gaza area of Arabs.  He said that if the Jews are not removed, it won't be possible to get the Arabs out," because the Jews bring blessing to the area.  "We'll yet return to Gush Katif [in Gaza], but this time there will hardly be any Arabs; they will have all left, because we left."

Similarly, when asked if he fears an expulsion of the Jewish community in Hevron, Marzel said, "No - if only because the Arabs don't want us to go.  I think they are praying that [we remain], because you see what happened here where Jews are not found.  Ever since we arrived in Hevron [in 1979], there has been much blessing in this city; ask the store-owners." 

Marzel, who ran for Knesset in the last two elections, lives in the neighborhood of Admot Yishai (Tel Romeida).

Asked if fears another murderous pogrom in Hevron as happened in 1929 [when Arabs murdered 67 of their Jewish neighbors], Marzel said, "We are ready and prepared for all developments.  We have much equipment and weapons, and we are training."

The long-time activist said he does not oppose allowing free mobility to Arabs even in the Jewish area of Hevron: "I am in favor of opening up the whole city to everyone. If I'm allowed to walk everywhere, I will let them walk everywhere.  But if I can't go into H1 [the area closed to Jews], then they won't be able to enter H2 [the much smaller Jewish area]. You have to understand that we are returning, and the place is ours; whoever raises a hand against us will pay a price.  The government promised us that every time Jews are hurt, Arab business will also be harmed - and that's what's happening."

For similar reasons, Marzel feels, a much-touted Palestinian state will never arise, "because the Arabs are just running away. We estimate the number of Arabs who have left Hevron as 40,000 [the current population is estimated at 120,000-140,000 - ed.]... Everyone understands that there will not be a Palestinian state.  There will be two million Jews in Judea and Samaria, and the Arabs who do not leave but rather fight against us - we will remove."

Marzel agrees that Hamas is a more dangerous enemy than Fatah: "Hamas members are religious believers; we will fight them....  If I was the Prime Minister, I would tell Hamas they have a few hours to leave before I kill them... But Abu Mazen [PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas] and his guys - we'll just give them some graft and we'll get along with them."

Click here to receive our free Daily Israel Report

© A7 Syndications - This article may not be republished freely. Written and oral arrangements prior to April, 2007 must be reconfirmed. If you are republishing A7 material, please contact us promptly.
 Post Comment       Send to Friend       Print Version 

Post Comment
Thank you for sending your comments to our news forum.

Close

Comments which include incitement, slander or foul language will not be published.
Name: 
City: 
Title: 

Send to Friend
Send to Email: 
Sender Name: 
Sender E-Mail: 

Court: Government Must Pay Up on Ariel Sharon's Oral Promise National Union MKs Call for Jews to Bolster Haifa Neighborhoods

Talkback   23 Comments
View All Comments

1. MARZEL Sold out
MEIR GOLDBERG, (23/08/07)

1. MARZEL Sold out
nm
MEIR GOLDBERG, (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

2. Emesser Emes!
Dr.Zechariah, NY (23/08/07)

2. Emesser Emes!
Sheyirbu b'Yisroel Camono! He has the 20/20 vision!
Dr.Zechariah, NY (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

3. Marzel is a good grass roots leader, not a good political leader
Mikhail Alterman, Cleveland (23/08/07)

3. Marzel is a good grass roots leader, not a good political leader
There is a certain level of political skills needed to get things done in the government. It doesn't mean compromise your ideology. Let's pretend Marzel is a new prime minister: he won't get much done. He can't even get Kach off the black list.

Mikhail Alterman, Cleveland (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

4. Thank you
Sholomi Tov, Netanya (23/08/07)

4. Thank you
My emuna is not as strong as Rav
Marzel---reading his thoughts helps so much to strenghen me--
May Ha Shem bless you and your family for a wonderful New Year
Sholomi Tov, Netanya (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

5. HEBRON IS THE BIRTHPLACE OF JUDAISM.
IamJoseph, Australia (23/08/07)

5. HEBRON IS THE BIRTHPLACE OF JUDAISM.
This makes it a foremost protection, even before Jerusalem. Thise who work for the return of the pre-67 Jordan signs - 'DOGS & JEWS FORBIDDEN' - are today's Dathans.
IamJoseph, Australia (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

6. Palestinian Authority Security Services have MURDERED More Jews than Hamas
Linda Rivera, New York (23/08/07)

6. Palestinian Authority Security Services have MURDERED More Jews than Hamas
Please explain - how is that getting along with them???
Linda Rivera, New York (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

7. Leadership, not sarcasm !!
yochanan , chicago (23/08/07)

7. Leadership, not sarcasm !!
This type of mixed messaging is "cute" but disingenuous. Obviously we must find positive Hasgacha Pratit in the horrendous events of the expulsion, yet it was totally unnecessary and destructive to the whole world, not only the expellees, and Sharon certainly did not have plans along the lines that Baruch suggests.We need Leadership from Marzel , not sarcasm !!
yochanan , chicago (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

8. Marzel NEVER SAID that "disengagement was good"
Sergio, Qiryat Arba (23/08/07)

8. Marzel NEVER SAID that "disengagement was good"
This NRP-style reporting never misses an opportunity to throw mud on Rav Kahana's supporters, after they so happiy saw to it - together with Likud and the leftists - that his party be forbidden to run for the Knesset (IN SPITE OF THE FACT THAT RABBI YEHUDAH KOOK SIGNED A CALL TO VOTE FOR IT!).

Saying that Marzel calls the disengagement "good" is ignoring that IT IS JEWISH TRADITION TO SAY GAM ZU LE-TOVAH AND TO KEEP A POSITIVE AND FIGHTING SPIRIT!

SHAME ON ARUTZ 7 FOR SUCH HEADLINES!!!
Sergio, Qiryat Arba (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

9. Marzel's point about the Gaza expulsion
Steve, US (23/08/07)

9. Marzel's point about the Gaza expulsion
I understand Marzel's point about the Gaza expulsions. I suppose HaShem can ultimately turn evil into good. However, what was done to these fine Jews in Gaza was extraordinarily evil.

Perhaps mistakes were made from our side. There was little non-violent resistance or protest. I hope the Jews in Judea and Samaria have taken note so that at least these mistakes will never again be made.

Some believers, both Jews and Christians "conjectured" that Hurricane Katrina's wrath, on the U.S. Gulf Coast within hours of the forcible expulsions, was not mere coincidence. Of course no one really knows. It's merely supposition.

Either way, I do not believe the Almighty was pleased with this crime by a long shot. Should it be repeated in Judea and Samaria, I cannot imagine the consequences to Israel and to the U.S.
Steve, US (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

10. Marzel gets it!  He tells the right people - Kuwait TV!!!
MED, USA (23/08/07)

10. Marzel gets it!  He tells the right people - Kuwait TV!!!
Kuwaitis had it with Arafat. They drove him out of Kuwait. Similarly, they drove the fabled 'Palestinians' mischief-mongers out of Kuwait during the 1st Gulf War, because they were Saddam sympathizers.

Israel needs to do what the Kuwaitis did: DRIVE THE FABLED PALESTINIANS OUT! Marzel gets it when he says, "Arabs who do not leave but rather fight against us - we will remove."
MED, USA (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

11. WHEN CAN U DUMB JEWS GET COURAGEOUS MEN LIKE MARZEL TO LEAD GOVERNMENT?
MOSHE, US (23/08/07)

11. WHEN CAN U DUMB JEWS GET COURAGEOUS MEN LIKE MARZEL TO LEAD GOVERNMENT?
YOU ISRAELI JEWS ARE THE DUMBEST MOST INSENSITIVE IDIOTS OF ALL TIME TO HAVE DEFENDED THEIR NATION. ONLY HAS H-SHEM HELPED YOU TO BEAT BACK THE arubs FROM RAPING YOUR WOMEN &DAUGHTERS, MURDERING YOUR CHILDREN, STEALING YOUR CROPS, KIDNAPPING YOUR CHILDREN, DESECRATING YOUR CEMETERIES, DESTROYING YOUR ANTIQUITIES, STEALING YOUR LAND & MARGINALIZING YOUR ECONOMY. OTHERWISE, BETWEEN YOUR SOBS & BLUBBERING YOU DUMMIES WOULD BE BEGGING THE arub ANIMALS NOT TO HIT YOU AGAIN LIKE THE SELF ABUSERS YOU ARE. I AM SO ASHAMED OF MY FELLOW ISRAELI JEWS. DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY REAL MEN LIVING THERE? KICK THE arubs OUT. MOSHE
MOSHE, US (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

12. They'll No More Leave Than The Egyptians Did
Yanatan, Yerushalayim (23/08/07)

12. They'll No More Leave Than The Egyptians Did
Will They Leave Like The Egyptians Did? I Don't Think So. The Egyptians Did Not Leave. Neither Did The arabs On The Holy Mount. This Mentality Invites More Damage Since It Leads One To Become Dormant In The Face Of Outright Agression. Yanatan
Yanatan, Yerushalayim (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

13. At last...
keren , San Diego (23/08/07)

13. At last...
Looks like a leader
Talks like a leader
Acts like a leader
keren , San Diego (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

14. Glad to hear the Arabs are leaving! (N"C)
Louise M. Smith, Brandon,Florida (23/08/07)

14. Glad to hear the Arabs are leaving! (N"C)
Louise M. Smith, Brandon,Florida (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

15. # 12  Not A History Buff , Right ?
M, USA (23/08/07)

15. # 12  Not A History Buff , Right ?
THE EGYPTIANS LEFT WHEN THE IDF DROVE THEM OUT OF ISRAEL.IT IS HARD TO COMPREHEND THAT THE WAR HERO IN THAT BATTLE WAS THE SAME JEW THAT GAVE UP
GAZA TO THE ARAB TERRORIST AND EXPELLED ALL THE JEWS THERE.THAT WAR HERO WAS NONE OTHER THAT ARIEL SHARON.
HE WAS STRONG AND BRAVE THEN FOR HIS COUNTRY ISRAEL AND HER JEWISH PEOPLE.
HOW A MAN CAN FALL SO LOW IS SHOCKING
BUT WITHOUT THE G-D OF ISRAEL,THIS IS
HOW A JEW CAN FALL SO LOW.
MARZEL HAS AN UNDERTONE OF A GOOD LEADER IN THE IDF..LET US PRAY THAT HE NEVER FALLS INTO THE DIRTY POLITICIAL CAMPS THAT ARE TRYING TO SELL ISRAEL TO THE ARAB TERRORIST.
ISRAEL WAS NEVER INTENDED FOR WORLD POLITICS..SHE WAS MADE FOR G-D AND HIS LAWS OF OUR TORAH..THIS WILL BE OUR LEADERS OUT OF THIS MAN MADE MESS.
WAIT A LITTLE WHILE AND THE SANHEDRIN WILL GIVE THE TIME TO GO TO WAR & TAKE BACK OUR JEWISH NATION FROM OUR
ENEMIES ,AS THEY DID KING DAVID.
M, USA (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

16. Disengagements & The Disenfranchised
marie, usa (23/08/07)

16. Disengagements & The Disenfranchised
This is different view from what I usually hear..only thing is, Abbas cant be trusted when we take his past involvements and statements into consideration, that is, unless Mr.Abbas has a road to Damascus type of revelation..pun intended. I think Fatah needs to go back to Gaza and have another election so we can see if they vote for Hamas yet again? If Hamas gets voted out then Fatah with the help of the USA and others can arrest all of the terrorists who would not want to accept the new democratic leader of the PA, Mr. Abbas, but that would turn Gaza into one big prison cell, and so, it would be like what we see happening in Iraq today, a big chaotic prison riot. Its very sad when I hear about those whom are living in such desposts under Islamic controls, they are LOST and looking for a way OUT, read this: http://www.faithfreedom.org:80/Articles/sina/Persians_are_ready.htm
marie, usa (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

17. Interesting but not serious!
Fivish, London (23/08/07)

17. Interesting but not serious!
Yes, the Arabs will have to leave, because Gaza is not viable. They are living on handouts from the West! Rich Arabs give them nothing!
They will also have to leave Judea and Samaria and go to Jordan where a Palestinian State is there to welcome them.
They simply cannot have a second or third or G-d forbid a fourth Palestinian State.
Fivish, London (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

18. What a chacham!  Let's leave Eretz and when
z, (23/08/07)

18. What a chacham!  Let's leave Eretz and when
we come back it will be empty of aliens.

Gaza is one of three Palestinian states now!
z, (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

19. SERGIO IS CORRECT (N"C)
yaakov, Jerusalem (23/08/07)

19. SERGIO IS CORRECT (N"C)
yaakov, Jerusalem (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

20. Abu Mazen Graft
AMG, BROOklyn (23/08/07)

20. Abu Mazen Graft
Abu mazen needs to treated the same way hamas needs to be treated
AMG, BROOklyn (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

21. It wasn't Sharon's plan to clean the area
Expellee, Gush Katif (23/08/07)

21. It wasn't Sharon's plan to clean the area
Did Marzel really say that? Does he really believe it? It was obvious to everyone Orange that Sharon's plan was to keep him and his son out of jail. He didn't believe in what he was doing - he just turned his "bulldozer" around to save his own skin. I do believe that it could be G-d's plan to rid the Gaza Strip of the Arabs. When we go back home we'll have ample space to rebuild the settlements, and we'll need it because, G-d willing, there will be a lot more that 9,000 returning!
Expellee, Gush Katif (23/08/07)
 Close Reply

22. advice from an american armchair
smearnov, wpb (24/08/07)

22. advice from an american armchair
you're kidding right? Thanks for showing us the humor in the tribal outlook. Hamas, Hezzbollah, the IRI have that exact view. Lucky you live under a Western Democracy and not that ugly Theocracy you were joking about.. Right????
smearnov, wpb (24/08/07)
 Close Reply

23. Baruch is always up to something
aliza, (24/08/07)

23. Baruch is always up to something
Baruch does not rest. he keeps looking for new angles, new ways to strengthen Hevron and Jewish life in Eretz Yisroel. even when he is not in the news, he is not idle.
aliza, (24/08/07)
 Close Reply

hit the link and read the letters
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 07:02:53 AM by mord »

Shot at 2010-01-03

raiseyourfist

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 08:06:58 AM »
it's hard to know where Marzel stands on the issue because he seems to be fairly right wing but then talks to the Kuwaiti news and appears somewhat politically correct in the interview

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 08:13:41 AM »
True but can the kuwaiti newspaper be worse then the BBC or Haaretz

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 09:03:33 AM »
He lied about Chaim not giving him funds when Chaim did. Ask him on ask JTF.
I never knew that ???

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 10:11:32 AM »
He lied about Chaim not giving him funds when Chaim did. Ask him on ask JTF.
I never knew that ???
Yes it's true!
Chaim even has the receipt from when he sent the money via wire transfer...