Author Topic: Just for fun what do JTFers think about this...  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Just for fun what do JTFers think about this...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 10:44:25 PM »
Maybe my opinion is unpopular but i have been in places that feel haunted and have personally experienced confusion or have heard things, just bad vibes that occur, I am not sure what causes it but somehow I don't find the story unbelievable.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 10:58:28 PM »
I do believe it. I have had some pretty scary things happen in my life,  that I can't explain. It does makes me wonder if there is dualism... I do know that the belief in HaShem takes it all go away...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 12:28:21 AM »
In Jewish belief we have a thing known as a Dibbuk. A Dibbuk can posses a persons body...

http://www.aish.com/atr/Dybbuk.html

Dybbuk

I recently received tickets to a ballet called "The Dybbuk," with music by Leonard Bernstein. It sounds like something like the "Jewish Exorcist." Please tell me what this is all about.

The Aish Rabbi Replies:

A dybbuk is a case of a dead person, whose soul is sent wandering by God because the soul does not merit eternal rest. In some instances that soul may "chase" a living person and enter that person's body - this creating a situation where an alien, second soul lives through the person's body. The word "dybbuk" is derived from the Hebrew word meaning "attachment."

In the Bible (Samuel 18:10), a bad spirit is briefly described as attaching itself to King Saul. Two of the most influential rabbis in modern history - Rabbi Yosef Karo (author of the Shulchan Aruch) and the Chafetz Chaim (author of the Mishnah Berurah) - have both have told of experiences regarding dybbuks - so such stories cannot be dismissed so quickly.

The exorcism ritual involves a quorum of 10 men who gather in a circle around the possessed person. The group recites Psalm 91 three times, and the rabbi blows a shofar (ram's horn) with certain notes, in effect to shake the possessing soul loose.

Such a case was reported recently in Israel, where a woman's dead husband came back, and began "speaking" through her. A team of rabbis went in and chased the dybbuk out of the woman. The story received widespread press throughout Israel, and seems to have been 100 percent true. As a result, many people were encouraged to look deeper into the issue of spirituality, and to some degree, this had the effect of turning some Jews back to Torah.

PS: I don't know if I believe it. Most cases are hoaxes...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 02:04:37 AM »
Pure and utter nonsense.  There's no spirits, or ghosts, or monsters, or haunted houses, etc.  This stuff is for superstitious or ignorant people. 

When people think they're possessed, they ACT like they're possessed, and, to an ignorant person, it can seem as if they are "possessed."  We've all seen where preachers do their speeches, and yelling, and shaking, etc. etc. and the whole congregation gets into a fervor.  Then the preacher comes down and places his hand on some lady's head and then she falls back and starts shaking while the preacher is doing his psychobabble and "Thank you, Jesus!!" bit, and then the lady acts like she's possessed.  I have no doubt that that lady actually believes that the preacher is calling out her demons, but it's nothing more than mass hypnosis and hysteria. 

Well, you did ask.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 02:24:28 AM »
Pure and utter nonsense.  There's no spirits, or ghosts, or monsters, or haunted houses, etc.  This stuff is for superstitious or ignorant people. 

When people think they're possessed, they ACT like they're possessed, and, to an ignorant person, it can seem as if they are "possessed."  We've all seen where preachers do their speeches, and yelling, and shaking, etc. etc. and the whole congregation gets into a fervor.  Then the preacher comes down and places his hand on some lady's head and then she falls back and starts shaking while the preacher is doing his psychobabble and "Thank you, Jesus!!" bit, and then the lady acts like she's possessed.  I have no doubt that that lady actually believes that the preacher is calling out her demons, but it's nothing more than mass hypnosis and hysteria. 

Well, you did ask.

You don't believe in the force? 

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 03:22:24 AM »
You don't believe in the force?
Is that in Judaism?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 04:46:13 AM »
It's mass hysteria.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 05:55:58 AM »
Boo!
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 09:36:59 AM »
There is a big black monster called al sharpton.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 10:02:14 AM »
Big black monster!
Isn't that racist?

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 10:17:19 AM »
Big black monster!
Isn't that racist?

Reality is racist.