Author Topic: I can't get to JTF from work  (Read 700 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I can't get to JTF from work
« on: February 09, 2014, 03:14:50 AM »
I realize it might not be the best idea to log in from work but I would at least like to be able to read the forum at work. When I try to go to it a screen from McAffee comes up and says blocked due to "Discrimination".

There was an option to ask for it to be unblocked by McAffee so I filled that out and sent it in but nothing changed in the months since I sent that in.

I was wondering if there's any way to be able to see the site indirectly.

I tried google translate but that's also blocked as an anonymizer.

I tried looking up the internet archive but only seems to archive some of the pages, not the actual forum posts.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: I can't get to JTF from work
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 03:50:17 AM »
Most companies have their servers locked down very tight... They don't want the unneeded traffic going through their system sapping resources that are needed for day to day operations...  There is always the potential of things creeping into the system if the system is left open to every site on the internet... I believe most companies go by lists that are generated by security companies like McAffee and some of the protection companies and it's not so much an in house selection of what's being limited... The company I work for has the system locked down to the point where they can pinpoint what each employee has been doing... If you walk away from the system for a few moments it logs you off... To be honest I have never tried to access anything other that what the business requires...  In my opinion they less most employees allow their companies to know about their lives away from work the better... I am sure most companies would love to know the viewing habits and personal business of their people... Using the internet at work gives them that and a great deal more.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline brenden

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 06:45:04 AM »
if you google "proxy" you will get a list of sites which allow you to surf anonymous

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 10:03:07 AM »
CJD usually the computers are used for printing stuff out from the company's intranet or for accessing training modules. They are however connected to the internet and during my 1 hour lunch break we're allowed to surf the internet for fun. I can access all kinds of highly offensive left wing sites, forums, etc. I can even watch videos on dailymotion (but not youtube).

I'm not wasting company time because I'm off the clock when I'm doing this. It's also not really linked to one person as most of my actual job is out on the sales floor and the computers are in the training room. Several people use them on their lunch breaks just to browse around and read stuff. I'd like to be able to read JTF sometimes especially since my free time has been more limited lately at home (I've been taking care of my sister's dogs and one of them has a heart condition).

I don't think it's fair that I can go and read left wing forums but not JTF.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 10:03:52 AM »
if you google "proxy" you will get a list of sites which allow you to surf anonymous

Proxies and anonymizers are also banned.

I'm hoping there is some site that can be used that's not blocked by McAffee.

There was this one site several years ago that if you entered a URL, you could see all the forums but it would add "in bed" to the end of every sentence. The internet archive site also has a lot of pages saved, but not the actual forum posts. If there's an archive site that archives the forum that would be good too.

I guess I'm looking for something like that, that's not blocked. Something that would let me view the site without using an actual proxy or anonymizer.

I already tried google translate but that's blocked.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 10:35:51 AM »
I'm posting this message from my phone.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 12:03:03 PM »
I'm posting this message from my phone.

My cell phone is a flip phone that I can't go online with. It makes calls and takes pictures. One day when I have a better phone then I can go online using that.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 12:35:59 PM »
Someday JTF will be blocked from home computers/personal phones too.