Author Topic: Don't go to Uman!  (Read 6709 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Don't go to Uman!
« on: August 28, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Don't go to Uman!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 04:09:38 PM »
One day I will go... I have heard all those who say not to and I still want to go...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 05:57:37 PM »
One day I will go... I have heard all those who say not to and I still want to go...

Its your Yetzer Hara. Besides the things said in this video a lot of other things weren't even said. Some go to literally escape life- they party and drink and other such things. If your traveling anyway why not have a much more meaningful time in Israel instead with many many graves of Tzaddikim available? With Rishonim and Tannaim being buried there? Why spend your time and $ in an anti-semitic country and anti-semetic people?  Why not spend it in Israel AND do a Misswah every second being in Israel instead of in Ukraine?
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 11:05:24 PM »
I  can't wait until the messiah comes, and punches everyone in the face...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 08:30:12 PM »

If you think soo then perhaps you need to get ready and start punching yourself in the face. You know in order to get ready for the punch. 

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 09:05:56 PM »
  If you think soo then perhaps you need to get ready and start punching yourself in the face. You know in order to get ready for the punch.
I have been punched in the face alot. I know I'm going to get punched. Do you?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 11:51:07 PM »
I have been punched in the face alot. I know I'm going to get punched. Do you?

Dude  ::)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 01:07:54 AM »
Even the Na Nach Nachman branch of Breslav claims there is no need to leave the land of Israel to go to Uman.
I don't understand what  אפרים בן נח is trying to tell us when he says:
To get a better idea about the value of spending every second in the land of Israel,
I will refer open-minded Jews to the online book in English
Eim HaBanim Semeichah at http://www.tsel.org/torah/emhabanim-eng/contents.html#link

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 01:18:09 AM »
Rosh Hashanah is not a pilgrimage festival. It can be celebrated wherever the Jew finds himself.

I do not think there is anything wrong with going to Uman for Rosh Hashanah any more than it is wrong to go to your local Shul for the holidays.

The only question is whether a person who is living in Israel can leave in order to go. Otherwise, those Jews living in the diaspora have no issue with going.

The Breslav of Chut Shel Chessed, Rabbi Arush and Rabbi Brody, do live in Israel and they do make the journey to Uman for Rosh Hashanah. I am sure they have considered the issue...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 11:57:05 AM »
Rosh Hashanah is not a pilgrimage festival.

THANK YOU. EXACTLY! Yet they make it into a pilgrimage to Uman.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 03:03:02 PM »
THANK YOU. EXACTLY! Yet they make it into a pilgrimage to Uman.

What I meant, which it seems you did not understand, is that Rosh Hashanah does not require the Jew to come to Israel as do the Regalim (Passover, Shavuot, Sukkot). Thus, aside from the question of whether a Jew currently living in Eretz Yisrael should (or should not) be able to leave in order to attend the Uman festival. So I do not see a problem if a Jew currently in Galut goes to this event.

For me the attraction is the feeling of Unity which is felt in such a large gathering of like-minded people. Having attended large 'rock-music' events where the entire crowd appeared to have such unity was an awesome experience. It is truly a spiritual experience to have so many people who are so very motivated to make Teshuva, to visit the kever of Rabbi Nachman, and to daven with a special intensity.

So I leave it to a question of whether Jews currently in Israel should leave. There is disagreement on this issue.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 08:08:28 PM »

Dude  ::)
Sorry Tag, I'm just so mad, I think bad things are coming and there is going to be a lot of suffering in the world, that didn't have to happen. Now the  Moshiach is going to come with vengeance, because Jews and Gentiles couldn't get along, couldn't work together, didn't make HaShems name ONE through out the world, and didn't put their differences aside to rebuild the Temple, ect.

And to sound even more crazy, I think we are on our last chance, and if we don't straighten up and get it to together, we all are going to have to pay for what we have done.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 02:34:48 PM »
Sorry Tag, I'm just so mad, I think bad things are coming and there is going to be a lot of suffering in the world, that didn't have to happen. Now the  Moshiach is going to come with vengeance, because Jews and Gentiles couldn't get along, couldn't work together, didn't make HaShems name ONE through out the world, and didn't put their differences aside to rebuild the Temple, ect.

And to sound even more crazy, I think we are on our last chance, and if we don't straighten up and get it to together, we all are going to have to pay for what we have done.

If your complaint is truly that Jews and Gentiles didn't work together, Jews can hardly be blamed for this.

So I guess the messiah won't have to punch me, and my beautiful face is safe.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »
If your complaint is truly that Jews and Gentiles didn't work together, Jews can hardly be blamed for this.

So I guess the messiah won't have to punch me, and my beautiful face is safe.
I'm definitely not saying it's the Jews fault! What my complaint is that Jews can't get along with Jews, Christians can't get along with Christians, Gentiles can't get along with Gentiles, and Christians and Jews can't get along, ect. When we aren't unified, it makes us an easy target for our enemies. That being said... Christians should not get along with anti semitic Christians, and Jews should not get along with anti Israel Jews.

I hope your pretty face don't get messed up either.  :::D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 03:56:33 PM by אפרים בן נח »

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 10:39:12 PM »
(long time) but have to say it- does anyone who said to go to Uman still feel this way now?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 03:00:00 PM »
I think in light of recent events that it's pretty safe to say that no sane person should go to Ukraine!

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 06:50:01 PM »
Uman man, Nazis Nazis, Uman man, Nazis Nazis, Uman is full of Nazis, Uman is full of Nazi's, Uman is full of Naziis......

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 07:59:56 PM »
Uman man, Nazis Nazis, Uman man, Nazis Nazis, Uman is full of Nazis, Uman is full of Nazi's, Uman is full of Naziis......
That version SUCKS!

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Don't go Na Na Na bto Uman!
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »
That version SUCKS!

Yea, but 50 bucks says that some of them will still find the inspiration to "make it" to Uman, "despite all the difficulties". They in their mind will probably reason- The Satan doesn't want us to go because he knows that if we go it will be a great tikkun (or something like that).
 That why I would bet 50 bucks for it and let's see what will happen. 

How about this version of another song of theirs-

Na Na Na nuts, these people are very nutz, na na na nuts, they are all nutz.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 08:41:28 PM »
Yea, but 50 bucks says that some of them will still find the inspiration to "make it" to Uman, "despite all the difficulties". They in their mind will probably reason- The Satan doesn't want us to go because he knows that if we go it will be a great tikkun (or something like that).

That's funny, but whatever.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 08:49:12 PM »

You do kinda throw me off sometimes... Sometimes you are for something and upset, and later you're against it and upset....   Sometimes you freak out that people are attacking Haredi, and then later you're attacking them...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 09:27:23 PM »
You do kinda throw me off sometimes... Sometimes you are for something and upset, and later you're against it and upset....   Sometimes you freak out that people are attacking Haredi, and then later you're attacking them...

Attacking who? I'm upset (if you will) when its attacks that are wrong and unjustified (with misinformation and twisting of the facts), otoh when its correct to expose the truth and dangers I do so. Nothing more nothing less.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 10:59:37 PM »
I do not think it is wise to go at this time...

I think the time is coming to move the Kever of the Rabbi to Israel where he belongs.

But till such time there will be those who go regardless of the risk. So too there are those Breslov who make the dangerous journey to the Kever of Yosef...

Is this justification to mock them? I think not... But something odd has been happening to tag lately and I don't know what it is. I would help if I could.