Author Topic: My deleted posts  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
My deleted posts
« on: March 06, 2014, 10:27:32 PM »
You guys can restore them all if you want. My point was made and it worked, and if they help you guys, put them back. There's probably over 3000 though.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Re: My deleted posts
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 12:20:38 AM »
You guys can restore them all if you want. My point was made and it worked, and if they help you guys, put them back. There's probably over 3000 though.

בס''ד

Why did you delete your posts? When a member deletes his own posts, I don't think we have any way of restoring them.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 01:28:37 AM »
The only was is if Shlomo would restore an older version of the forum. Doesn't he archive the forum every day? One time the forum crashed and two weeks of posts were lost so he started archiving it every day. I think it had to do with affirmative action problems involving the former web host of the JTF domain that caused the crash.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 01:38:36 AM »
The only was is if Shlomo would restore an older version of the forum. Doesn't he archive the forum every day? One time the forum crashed and two weeks of posts were lost so he started archiving it every day. I think it had to do with affirmative action problems involving the former web host of the JTF domain that caused the crash.

What then, if he could restore an archive... Is it possible to extract just the messages from the archive from LKZ and append them to the current database?

I just set up my own SMF forum at work... I have not spent a lot of time learning how to administer it though. Just set up the various forums and the categories, and added some users...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 02:33:16 AM »
בס''ד

Why did you delete your posts? When a member deletes his own posts, I don't think we have any way of restoring them.

They did it before.

People were making big problems over 1 or 2 things when they didn't have a problem with 90% of what I said before. There's five or so more reasons I wrote before that seemed pretty good at the time.

People treated me like a monster. I'm not 50 years old and I didn't know anything from my life. I didn't know what I was living for, or anything real about Judaism.  I without his site and Muman especially who consistently stuck up for me, I'd still be a brainwashed self-hating Jew who didn't know anything about Judaism and was in avodah zara. I thought that might work anyways and it did.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 03:14:27 AM »
What is the reason you deleted your posts? (This time, since you kind of explained last time but you were overreacting last time, I for one certainly didn't consider you a monster).   What point was made by deleting them? 

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 03:29:32 AM »
That I'm not trolling the forum and would rather not have posts then loose the opportunity to discuss and learn more.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 11:51:43 PM »

What then, if he could restore an archive... Is it possible to extract just the messages from the archive from LKZ and append them to the current database?

I just set up my own SMF forum at work... I have not spent a lot of time learning how to administer it though. Just set up the various forums and the categories, and added some users...

Wouldn't that be a whole lot of extra work for Shlomo?  (It seems he administers the forum and is busy on the creative end.)
Just to restore one members posts.   Especially, if they deleted them themselves?
Isn't that different than the whole forum being down and trying to retrieve two weeks worth of forum postings.

I think you should just move forward LKZ.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 11:54:23 PM »
Wouldn't that be a whole lot of extra work for Shlomo?  (It seems he administers the forum and is busy on the creative end.)
Just to restore one members posts.   Especially, if they deleted them themselves?
Isn't that different than the whole forum being down and trying to retrieve two weeks worth of forum postings.

I think you should just move forward LKZ.
Agreed.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 08:20:57 PM »
That I'm not trolling the forum and would rather not have posts then loose the opportunity to discuss and learn more.

Maybe it's better that you deleted them because you said you didn't know anything back then and now you learned the real Jewish beliefs. So it's better that any false things you may have said in the past are gone unless of course JTF wants to use it so people can see how JTF can cause teshuvah and see how people are changed from learning the truth.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 08:29:29 PM »

Maybe it's better that you deleted them because you said you didn't know anything back then and now you learned the real Jewish beliefs. So it's better that any false things you may have said in the past are gone unless of course JTF wants to use it so people can see how JTF can cause teshuvah and see how people are changed from learning the truth.
Don't go to far out on a limb.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 09:31:26 PM »
You might be able to find some of the deleted posts by going to the following website:

http://archive.org/web/
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 09:39:26 PM »
I don't honestly care. If you want them back, you can do it, don't loose sleep over it though.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 07:51:29 PM »

Oh I see now you were referring to the first time around.   I respect your decision.  Once those posts were not retrieved right away, they are probably long gone.  Good that we can all move on and I'm happy that you feel more comfortable at the forum now.