Author Topic: What is JTF's stance on this?  (Read 657 times)

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: What is JTF's stance on this?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 08:52:50 AM »
Better that they had rioted against a secular state. They claim to be against engaging in politics, and have suddenly all turned into single-issue political scientists. If you don't want to control politics, you can whine when it controls you, but it's still your fault, and by letting the leftists control the state without haredi intervention, they really were engaging in politics, as it must be understood that standing still is often a mistep.

I'm not going to stand by Yair Lapeid (and Nafraudi who brought him in) in this war against them, for the first reason being that the left will have no more reason to want the army if they can't talk about drafting the haredi, and these haredi often are having babies at 18 instead of the army, which there should be more of, and besides that we would assimilate and disappear without a class of dedicated Torah learners and scholars, we'll be overwhelmed by Arabs without their very precious haredi babies.

Everything that happens, G-d does, so maybe either G-d wants to get rid of fake Torah learners, or he wants the army to be religious, and obviously I have no idea why G-d does what He does or what he thinks, but there are opportunities to bring the religious world together here, and it seems like it might be a present from Him that can be turned for good.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 09:15:56 AM »
I asked this question for next JTF.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 09:38:02 PM »
I wonder why these Haredis never protested en masse when the Fogal family was decapitated by Muslim terrorists, or when the government decided to release terrorist murderers as a gesture of "good will."

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 11:20:41 PM »
I wonder why these Haredis never protested en masse when the Fogal family was decapitated by Muslim terrorists, or when the government decided to release terrorist murderers as a gesture of "good will."

Maybe this will set a precedent where that becomes possible.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 11:35:10 PM »
Maybe this will set a precedent where that becomes possible.

Ha? No it wont. They had similar things before, what makes you think this would be any different? If anything they are MORE enraged against the Dati-Leumi communities (and the "Settlers") because of their support of Bayit Yehudi.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.