Author Topic: Rabbi Kahane : Credit for helping Soviet Jewry  (Read 390 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Rabbi Kahane : Credit for helping Soviet Jewry
« on: March 02, 2014, 11:49:13 PM »
Shalom,

This interview may have been posted before but it supports a position I took last Shabbat with my Rabbi in a discussion on Rabbi Kahane (May his memory be a blessing)...

My rabbi is a Chabad Rabbi and the Chabad Rebbe (Rabbi Schneerson) also takes credit for helping Soviet Jewry during the terrible oppression. I am relieved that my rabbi recognizes, and praises to the point of elevating to the same level as his Rebbe. I brought up the great things that JDL, Chaim Ben Pesach, and the Rabbi Kahane did and everyone agreed that it was a great thing.

Here a Jewish soviet dissident discusses how he believes Rabbi Kahane helped the plight of soviet Jews.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline fibrogirl

• Full JTFer
Re: Rabbi Kahane : Credit for helping Soviet Jewry
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 12:06:44 AM »
That is positive to hear. I thought Kahane had been forgotton by the Russian Jews, or  not known to them.
I know he made a big impact on me. I was the only Jew in my school in 1980's in an isolated town. I was often bullied and felt alone. There was no internet and the local Jewish community was tiny, and not very nice. (This was in Northern England.)
 One day my brother went to the university bookshop that had a lot of intellectual stuff.
 He suddenly discovered a book by Rabbi Kahane and read it then came home and told me about it.

That was the only way you could discover Rabbi Kahane in the remote corners of England in the 1980's before the internet. This "new"  ideology of Kahane changed my outlook completely.

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
Re: Rabbi Kahane : Credit for helping Soviet Jewry
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 12:10:57 AM »
May Hashem bless HaRav Meir Kahane ZT"L
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!