Author Topic: Dress like Putin for Purim  (Read 14757 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Dress like Putin for Purim
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 05:44:45 AM »
Shalom BC3,

I have not replied to this thread because I have been trying to think how best to answer it. I want to keep it short, but the explanation is hard to explain.

According to my understanding our G-d, Hashem, is the absolute master of everything (Adon Olam). He creates both dark and light, both good and bad, beauty and not-so-beautiful. Everything in creation was created for a purpose, and Hashem gives his creations the ability to influence the entire creation.

Once the concept of Emmunah (faith) is understood, we also need to understand the concept of Bitachon (trust). It is one thing to say 'I believe in G-d' but an entirely different thing to say 'I believe that G-d is looking out for me' and 'I trust him' even when things aren't going my way. Trust means that we have the knowledge that Hashem will ultimately pick us up, dust us off, and restore us to our former glory.

The story of Purim is especially important in understanding the balance of Emmunah and Bitachon. We all know that the Jewish people of that time had fallen once again into a lowered state. They attended the party of Achashveros where immorality and drunkenness was occurring. The only Jew who did not attend was Mordechi... For all intent and purpose the Jewish people failed Hashems test and they deserved the evil decree with Haman and the king devised against us.

But because of events which ultimately took place through the 'Hidden face' (Hester Panim) of Hashem, the Jewish people did Teshuva (fasted for three days, wore sack-cloth, and repented their ways) and the entire plan of Haman and the king was turned upside down.

Now where does Putin fit in.... Well in my mind he represents the Amalekian ideal, like Haman, and he is a puppet on the stage of Hashem's creation. I listen to a Rabbi (Rabbi Shafier) who explains this concept very well (and I posted his video in the Torah section previously). The dictators of the world (like Pharoah) are just pawns in Hashems game. They have no power of their own (once we start believing they have power, then they gain power by our granting them it).

On Purim we laugh at the powers in the world which rise up against us. Russia is arming Iran and trying to subvert American interests around the world. I think that the fact that the words Purim and Putin are similar is because it should remind us that Putin is just another puppet on Hashems stage.

If you have any questions I would be glad to answer...
Thank You for taking the time to reply.  Your answer was easy to understand and relate to.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.