Author Topic: Ted Cruz: I Don't Agree with Rand Paul on Foreign Policy.  (Read 419 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Ted Cruz: I Don't Agree with Rand Paul on Foreign Policy.
« on: March 10, 2014, 01:41:48 PM »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/cruz-obama-paul-putin/2014/03/09/id/556897?ns_mail_uid=80643961&ns_mail_job=1559374_03102014&promo_code=16B94-1
Russian President Vladimir Putin does not fear retribution for his actions in Ukraine because President Barack Obama has shown weakness in his foreign policy, Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz said Sunday.

"Their policy has to been to alienate our friends and coddle and appease our enemies," said Cruz, coming off a successful Conservative Political Action Conference appearance this past weekend to speak with ABC "This Week" correspondent Jon Karl. 

Urgent: Who Should be the 2016 GOP Presidential Nominee? Vote Now in Urgent Poll 

The tea party favorite came in second behind Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul in the CPAC's straw poll of 2016 potential presidential race candidates over the weekend. But he's still a star attraction at the event, especially compared to a year ago, when relatively few had heard of the freshman senator, ABC reported.

All that changed by this year, after Cruz' Senate floor filibusters against Obamacare and strong conservative views on the national debt. 

Cruz said Sunday that in other critical situations, such as the terror attacks in Benghazi, Libya and Obama's "red line" in Syria, the president has shown weakness and now people like Putin do not think the United States will take action when other leaders act aggressively.

Cruz, who favors sanctions over military action when it comes to dealing with the Ukranian situation, pointed out that "when Mitt Romney talked about Putin expanding his sphere of experience, [then-Sen. Barack] Obama mocked him."

"Putin is a KGB thug," said Cruz. "The president should have stood unapologetically for freedom. When the United States doesn't stand for freedom, tyrants notice."

Paul has commented that some people are still "stuck in the Cold War" era when it comes to dealing with Russia. While Cruz says he's a big fan and good friend of Paul's, "I don't agree with him on foreign policy."

Cruz isn't backing down from his other fights, however. In his CPAC speech, Cruz vowed that Republicans "will repeal every single word of Obamacare," a threat that Karl told him may be difficult as long as Obama is in office.

The Texan said that he does believe that Obamacare will be eliminated, and Democrats will help.

"If there's one thing that unifies politicians of both parties, it is their top priority is preserving their own hides," said Cruz, who believes Congressional Democrats may turn their backs on Obamacare so they can win their upcoming elections.

"It is the most unpopular law in the country," Cruz said. "Millions of people have lost their jobs, their healthcare, and forced into part-time work."

Urgent: Who Should be the 2016 GOP Presidential Nominee? Vote Now in Urgent Poll 

© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/cruz-obama-paul-putin/2014/03/09/id/556897#ixzz2vaAQYvuZ 
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Ted Cruz: I Don't Agree with Rand Paul on Foreign Policy.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 03:11:36 PM »
I believe he says this in this 'just-posted' interview:

BTW, this is the interview the NewsMax article was referring to...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14