Author Topic: Glick's New Book  (Read 355 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Glick's New Book
« on: March 14, 2014, 02:36:56 PM »
So Caroline Glick just came out with a new book called The Israeli Solution. The important idea behind this book as that it moves away from the 2 state solution that everyone's been talking about for decades. Since 1967, when Israel took on 4 Arab armies and about a dozen of their supporters (and won!) , gaining the old city of Jerusalem and Judea and Samaria, Israel has been under continuous pressure to give their gains back. To keep it short, Glick's plan is that Israel annex Judea and Samaria for the purpose of assimilating the so-called "Palestinians" who live there. It's worth your looking into.

I'm sending you an article that is basically a summary of Glick's book. I like Glick's idea on the one hand, because I think that Israel should be the only country on that tiny chunk of land. However, there are some serious flaws with her idea, most notably that it allows all of the Palestinians to remain where they are, and it makes the prospect of more terrorism on their part much more likely. So I wrote a comment about that, which is also worth your reading. I am placing the link to the article below, followed by my criticism of her plan.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/janet-tassel/the-israeli-solution-2/?utm_source=FrontPage+Magazine&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=d7ecbc7932-Mailchimp_FrontPageMag&utm_term=0_57e32c1dad-d7ecbc7932-156533077

I am a great admirer of Caroline Glick, but from what I know of this plan, I don't think it could possibly work. In fact, I think the results would likely be catastrophic. What would happen if Israel took down that security wall, and announced to all the Arabs living in Judea and Samaria "This is all a part of Israel now, and all of you can become Israelis if you want to"? It is likely that all of those Arabs would sequester themselves in those areas, still refuse to recognize Israel as a Jewish state, and still seek its destruction. Only this time, there would be no security wall keeping the terrorists out of Israel. There would be another intifadah, another wave of suicide bombing attacks, and nothing to stop them. Even worse, some of the Arabs in Judea and Samaria would would move into key strategic areas, where their terrorist attacks would cause more damage. Glick's plan would be a good one if it took into consideration all of these facts, and included one last step in the plan: Once Israel annexes the territories, they should let some Arabs stay if they meet security requirements and pose no risk to Israel. However, the majority of Arabs living in these areas would have to be expelled to Jordon, Lebanon, Syria, and Egypt. Historically, any time a country has gained territory (like Poland did at the end of WWII), forced expulsions have always followed. In the case of Poland, after the war, Poles forced out the ethnic Germans who had lived in those areas for centuries. I know it's not a nice thing to do, but it is necessary, otherwise there will be much bloodshed. When the newest manifestation of Israel was formed in 1948, they took in 800,000 Jews who were immediately expelled from Arab countries. Now Israel should follow up that move by annexing Judea, Samaria, and yes Gaza and expel the Arabs who live there. All the while, Israel should make it clear to Egypt, that if some new Egyptian government comes along who wants to renege on Egypt's peace treaty with Israel, Israel will annex the Sinai as well. Politically, Israel will be vilified and ostracized temporarily. So what else is new? However, once the "Palestinians" are living in Jordan, Lebanon, and Egypt for a short while, the world will very quickly lose interest in what happens to these people. No one would have cared at all about the "Palestinians" in the first place, except being a passionate advocate for those people gave people a much appreciated excuse and a disguise that allowed them to be anti-Semitic. Once Palestine is no longer Israel's problem, all the so-called supporters for Palestinians will disappear overnight, and they will have to find different ways to express their anti-Semitism. Glick's plan starts off in the right direction, but then it misses the most important part. Borders do not change the way people think. Whether the Palestinians are living in "the West Bank" or whether they live in Israel proper, their desire to murder every last Jew will continue just the same. All Glick's plan will do is make it easier for these particular Arabs to live out their lives' ambition.

I would love to know what you think about all of this.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Glick's New Book
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 03:19:43 PM »
I definitely want to get her book, Caroline was on CBN, and gave a great interview about her book and the things that are happening in both Israel, and America.