Author Topic: Purim Sameach (Happy Purim)!  (Read 425 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Purim Sameach (Happy Purim)!
« on: March 16, 2014, 01:10:33 AM »
Shalom JTF Readers,

Just got home from the evening Megillah reading and spoke with a rabbi I haven't talked to in a couple of years. Met some good old friends, some new friends, and basically did everything to fulfill the commandments of Purim.

This video just posted on Arutz Sheva is a good parody video, with a Purim theme:

Looking forward to tomorrows festive meal, and I will once again celebrate with my normal community... I was thinking of stopping by the progressive shul in my town but I have been under the weather (with a flu/cold) and I am pretty tired...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/178467#.UyUvPXWx3sA
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Purim Sameach (Happy Purim)!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 06:46:55 AM »
May we experience a modern day Purim in our lifetime when we get to see the very thing ant Semites want to do to us happen to them.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 06:19:59 PM »
May we experience a modern day Purim in our lifetime when we get to see the very thing ant Semites want to do to us happen to them.

Zechariah Chapter 14

7 And there shall be one day which shall be known as the LORD'S, not day, and not night; but it shall come to pass, that at evening time there shall be light.

8 And it shall come to pass in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem: half of them toward the eastern sea, and half of them toward the western sea; in summer and in winter shall it be.

9 And the LORD shall be King over all the earth; in that day shall the LORD be One, and His name one.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 06:25:13 PM »
A good lesson on Amalek..

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 07:17:00 PM »
and then Xerxes was destroyed by the greeks or something like that.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 12:09:56 AM »
Another short film from the Tomb of Esther and Mordechai in Hamedan, Iran...