Author Topic: Rumsfeld  (Read 1349 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Rumsfeld
« on: August 05, 2007, 12:39:26 AM »
It made no sense why no action was taken to prevent Iran from getting involved in Iraq. 

I saw an archived post on another forum about how intelligence showed that Iranian Revolutionary Guards went into southern Iraq as soon as a couple weeks into the Iraq War, if not earlier. 

Since then, no action has been taken against Iran and they've been allowed to keep interfering.  Anyone know why the pentagon ignored Iran's involvement if they knew if was occurring early on? 

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: Rumsfeld
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 12:44:48 AM »
I agree.  They are cowards that's why. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 01:22:31 AM »
I honestly don't think that they thought it was a threat to begin with, even if there was intelligence showing Iranian involvement.  There has been information the entire time of Syrian, Iranian, and other forces entering Iraq and the US didn't do enough to pressure those countries to crack down on insurgents flowing into Iraq from their countries.  Pure cowardice.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 01:29:41 AM »
I honestly don't think that they thought it was a threat to begin with, even if there was intelligence showing Iranian involvement.  There has been information the entire time of Syrian, Iranian, and other forces entering Iraq and the US didn't do enough to pressure those countries to crack down on insurgents flowing into Iraq from their countries.  Pure cowardice.

The government remembers the hostage situation during Jimmy Farter's presidency.  So there's no reason to not consider it a threat when Iran is involved.